“My home away from home”

Angkor Voyage Villa
Ranked #139 of 521 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Siem Reap, but this was the first time I have stayed at this hotel. Claire - the manager, is an amazing Australian woman who attends to her guest's needs with meticulous care. All her staff work hard to go beyond their call of duty. My room (114) was clean, spacious and quiet. I had two large single beds and a private bathroom for $15.00 per night - excellent value for money. The food from Jeannies restaurant was delicious, the service from both the hotel and restaurant is impeccable and the atmosphere made me feel like I was part of a family. I was immediately welcomed at check in and can't wait to return to the Angkor Voyage Villa in September.

Claire's work with the underprivileged in Siem Reap, her knowledge of its people and the gamut of projects she supports is inspiring and another reason that makes this hotel unique. Her guidance is invaluable.

The lovely Chorvorn needs a special mention in this review. What a beautiful, gentle soul who is an asset to the Angkor as one of the managers. The tuk tuk drivers at the hotel navigated me around to some obscure locations and were always patient and helpful.

The hotel is perfectly located near Pub Street and the Night Market area (5 minutes walk tops) but far enough away to create a private and quiet environment to retreat home to.

I highly recommend this hotel and I was very sad to leave this very special family of people behind. It was not a goodbye, but see you again very soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank roseeblue

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in AVV for 3 nights in late May.

The good: Guesthouse was able t arrange transport anywhere we wanted to go, saving us the hassle of finding an alternative tour agency; we went to Angkor Wat, Bantaey Srey, etc, and also went to Phare Circus and Angkor Putt.

Guesthouse is located in close proximity to great eats like Haven (#1) and Genevieve (#7), and also Pub Street and the night markets.

Guesthouse management and staff were extremely friendly and hospitable during our stay, almost felt at home.

The not-so-good: Guesthouse aircon was leaking and the shower spray was slightly damaged, but these problems were quickly rectified once we brought them up

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank NikChanTA
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had a great time at Angkor Voyage Villa friendly staff ready to assist with enquiries,good food clean room close to everything they even offer their own transport as a service.Could not recommend higher thanks for making my holiday a memorable one

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank ric255325
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I had the most wonderful experience staying here. This place is truely a home away from home. All the staff are so friendly and do an amazing job. The common area downstairs is the perfect place to settle down and talk to old and new friends alike. The location is perfect, a very short walk to Pub Street and all the markets, but it is also far enough away to relax and enjoy a slower pace too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Maeve H
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This Villa is very comfortable, with large air con'd room and relaxing communal lounge area with fans & papasan chairs. Great food & service in Jeanie's cafe. Most of all the staff make you feel at home! I will miss them all.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank jenny22aus
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Angkor Voyage Villa is a budget guesthouse right in the heart of Siem Reap , . It's located about a 5 minute walk from Pub Street , the Night Market and The Old Market but you feel as though you could be staying somewhere in the backblocks , there is just so little noise in the rooms. The rooms are big, clean and comfortable with an ensuite bathroom with hot water and air con or fan.
The staff , who are all locals, are attentive and so friendly without being overbearing which made it feel like home. There's a huge lounge area at the front where you can enjoy a chat with other guests or just watch the world go by and also a great restaurant serving local and western dishes at very reasonable prices ( and the food is delish!!!!!)
The managers Bob and Claire ( an Aussie couple ) and Chovorn and Toho ( a Cambodian couple) are a wonderful team who can help with just about anything you can throw at them and do so with a minimum of fuss. They and their staff are all genuine and beautiful people who made me and my travelling companion feel like family. My experience wasn't the normal tourist trip as my friend and I were teaching English for 2 weeks at a school that Bob and Claire are affiliated with , but I watched the staff interact with all visitors in the same friendly and courteous manner and would recommend anybody to stay . I certainly will be a repeat visitor without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank ArnandTwitz
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here in November 2013 and we stayed well over a week in the end. The rooms are lovely and clean, they did not clean the room while we were there but if you ask they happy to do it. The staff are nice and friendly, offering day trips etc at a good price. It is nicely located near all the hussle and bussle of pub street but far enough away for it to be nice and quiet. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends