“Beautiful Tara Angkor is an Oasis!”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #89 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 10 May 2011

This hotel is extremely clean and well-maintained, not to mention beautifully laid out. We stayed here on our honeymoon, and the hotel staff thoughtfully wrote "happy honeymoon" in rose petals on our bed and gave us a heart-shaped cake! It was very sweet and unexpected. We did wish that our hotel was slightly closer to the "downtown" area of Siem Reap for the purpose of walking to shops and restaurants. But for quiet, restful evenings to recharge before the next day of sightseeing, Tara Angkor is your place. Our only complaint with the hotel was the water temperature in the shower. It would inexplicably turn extremely hot and then very cold, without us touching the knob. So we practiced our best matador-footwork in the shower and tried to avoid the extremes. But I'm sure that will be corrected!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2011

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
The whole team would like to congratulate you again with your honeymoon.
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And especially loved our honeymoon setup. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by unstable water temperature, our engineering team is attending the problem. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.

There are newer reviews for Tara Angkor Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2011

I was going to agree with all the great reviews of this hotel until our second (and last) night in the hotel. The short story is that during our stay the entire hotel staff had a loud party at the back of the hotel. We were told that the music - which was so loud that shook the walls of our room at the front of the hotel - would stop at 11pm, which would have been fine. But it did not stop, so I again complained to the manager on duty and I was assured that he would look into this for me. Nothing was done and at 11.30pm I went to see the manager on duty again. I explained that we are paying guests and this is not what I expect from a 4.5 star hotel - not least because most people who stay there, like us, get up early to see the temples and would appreciate a nice relaxing time during the stay. Needless to say everything I said was ignored again and the music finally stopped after midnight. The inconvenience of all this totally ruined our last day in Siem Reap and the whole long-weekend trip. Due to the partying of the staff they looked very tired next day and there were no smiles or kindness from them like the previous day. Upon leaving the hotel, only the sales and marketing manager was available to speak to; I was very disappointed to find that his thoughts on this were not in favor of the paying guests, who of course are the ones ultimately who pay his salary. He said they had to hold the staff party in the hotel so that the staff on duty could attend too, and he saw nothing wrong with inconveniencing the guests in the hotel this way. In short, he said that he is sorry, "but the party for the staff is very important". When I asked about the paying guests, he didn't say anything. I was not a tourist visiting Siem Reap - I live in Cambodia - and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone I know. I am still very disappointed with the whole experience which is a shame because the hotel setting is very nice. I would have thought that the absolute minimum a hotel ought to do is provide a good night's sleep for its guests. It failed to do so, and that ruined it for me.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank BPSC
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay and the unprofessional matter that was related to you. We accept complete responsibility for what happened during your stay and upon your departure. We are happy to learn you have accepted our offer to apologize and are looking forward to grant you the offer. Once again we sincerely apologize and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The whole team is looking forward to welcome you here with us again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

I have stayed at the Tara twice now and each time the rooms have been clean, the staff courteous and you can't beat the price. It is kid friendly and the pool is lovely. Everything is just a short tuk-tuk ride away. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: For a family, the corner 2 bedroom rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service again during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for continuously choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

We booked 2 executive suites for 4 nitghs at USD700+ and it is really value for money! We were offered free airport hotel transfer, free foot massages and breakfast is included. Complimentary fruit basket and bottled drinking water were provided in the room.

Upon arrival at the hotel, we just sat comfortably enjoying our welcome drink while the hotel staff checking us in. Overall, the hotel staff are very helpful and friendly.

The room is very cozy, furnished with sofa set and dinning table and bedroom is separated. Housekeeping was done twice a day!

The hotel is strategically located, about 7km to Angkor Wat and only USD5 for return tuk tuk service to town (including waiting time and taking you round the town). Tuk tuk service is available at door step and at anytime.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And especially loved our pick-up service, massage at the Tara SPA and our in-house services. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three days and i had an excellent time.Everything is within two dollar distance by tuk tuk .The hotel has free wifi and also a business centre with five computers .The swimming pool,spa are really excellent.I enjoyed my stay and would like to come back again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2011

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
The whole team was proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco world Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for having chosen for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments. We are more than happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and especially loved the free internet, our poolside and the Tara SPA. We are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you here once again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Management Team.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

Having returned to the mystical land of Cambodia for a second time round, the unique name of Tara Angkor immediately jumps out when I was sourcing online for a lovely and reasonably priced hotel. I was delighted by the view of the hotel facade as my vehicle pulls up close. "What a lovely sight". One is further impressed when I entered into the hotel lobby. The decor was simple, sleek and trendy. Check-in was a breeze as the counter staff were more than ready to greet me. A push through the glass door will lead one out to the elegant arrays of tables that slowly lead to the waterfall and swimming pool. The view is awesome. Although my first room was a tad noisy for the first night, Tim, the Executive Assistant Manager did a good service recovery by transferring me to a quieter room for my subsequent two nights' stay. And most importantly, each hotel staff possesses great service attitude and every interaction is always greeted with warmth and hospitality. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at the Tara Angkor and I would not hesitate to introduce this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Always request for a room that is facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And especially loved our hotel presentation, facilities and staff's services. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.

Reviewed 6 May 2011

The massage I had at the hotel was outstanding, especially in light of the modest price. My only complaint was that the shower was not as hot as it should be.

• Stayed: April 2011

Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And especially loved our massages at the Tara SPA. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the water temperature, our engineering team is attending the problem. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.