“Friendly welcome and service”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #86 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Friendly welcome and service”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights in the standard room which has a good amount of space and all necessary amenities. Beautiful pool area. All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and willing to help with anything. The internet is fast and reliable and easy to access either in the lobby or your room. Located on the road to Angkor wat and just a short tuk tuk driver to the city centre.

Room Tip: Room 321 looks over back of hotel so no view
3 Thank Earlybird24
WoWtara, Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Dear Valued Client,

Greeting from Tara Angkor Hotel Siem reap Cambodia

Thank you very much for your chosen us to stay during your World heritage Angkor Wat Visit.

we are happy to learn that our facilities and services're reached your satisfaction and we do hope to have chance to welcoming you back in near future.

Best regards
Tara Angkor Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I was a little disappointed with the Tara Angkor. Based on their website and my travel experiences so far I expected more. The welcome drink was an insipid, artificially colored mess. Check in was smooth but when I got to my room it had a damp, moldy smell. They moved me to another room and sprayed it heavily so then I had an over deodorized room but I guess it was better than a moldy smell.

The room itself was fine. It was a large suite with a living and dining area, small fridge and counter. The furnishings were not the best quality, but for a 3 star budget hotel it was okay. The balcony/patio really wasn't one. You had to climb out the window to get there and it was standing room only. Literally a foot wide if that and about 4 feet long. The bathroom was great. It had a lovely tub, plenty of hot water and a separate shower. Breakfast was decent, drink and food prices were good. Service was spotty. It seemed as if many of the staff were distracted or MIA perhaps because it was so slow. The pool was absolutely the best part of the hotel. Overall, I thought it was good value for the money, but it left me underwhelmed.

3 Thank aglobalfoodie
WoWtara, Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2011
Dear Valued Client,

Warmest Greeting from Tara Angkor Hotel Siem Reap Cambodia

Thank you very much for chosen us to stay during your World Heritage Angkor Wat Visit.

We regret to hear that our services and facilities were made you in bad experience since started, Lemonglass joice is local herb which we tried to promote as our signature and also cleanliness of our room, We are extremely sorry on this caused to you, All management were briefed for further standard action inlcuded staffs.

we do hope that you will give us opportunity to provide you an excellent services that every guest entitle to as per our aim is to regain your confidence and trust.

Best Regards
Tara Angkor Management
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The Staff were always very approachable and friendly and went out of their way to help.
Breakfast was very good and rooms were cleaned well,

Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank meltdown1
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And that you especially loved our staff, they are more then proud to hear your comments, and our breakfast set up. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I went with the big group attending the Asian Development Meeting in Vietnam. We chose to visit Cambodia after the meeting. With great luck we were accommodated at the Tara Angkor Hotel, as recommended by our Phil. Travel Agency. It is a most beautiful, wonderfully-scented hotel, centrally located hotel. The room was impeccable, the service just tops, the food was good and the spa was heaven.

Stayed May 2011
2 Thank tripsuccess
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And especially loved our SPA, food at the restaurants and the staff's services. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I chosed this hotel on the basis of the reviews received and I was not disappointed! The service I received from the point of collection at the airport to the day I left was EXCELLENT! All the staff were very friendly and accommodating even when I turned up without my hotel voucher! I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was very spacious - bigger than the room I had when I was in Paris! I knew that I was not going to spend much time in my room however, it is still important for me that my hotel room is modern and clean. Tara Angkor is modern but not ultra modern, there are still the ethnic touches which are nice and it has a nice ambience. The gem of this hotel is the Spa! I had three massages in the space of 3 days and all of them were of the best quality. The therapists at the Spa are well-trained and very professional. I've been to many spas and had as many massages in the last 3 1/2 years in Asia but the Deep Muscle massage and Thai masage I had at Tara Spa were the best - as good as the one I had at Six Senses. I have nothing but good things to say about Tara Angkor - it was definitely more than worth the money I paid to stay. Excellent breakfast buffet, by the way. Keep up the good work! I have told many of my friends about Tara Angkor.

4 Thank jobyrne
Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And that you especially loved our SPA, they are more then proud to hear your comments. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.
London
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Tara Angkor Hotel was excellent! We stayed there for two weeks and it became our second home. The people who work there are great, the Lily Lounge Bar is great, the pool is great, the room was great and the food at breakfast and at the restaurant is great.
We ended up eating at the hotel restaurant every night instead of going to the famous Pub Street. The location of the hotel is also great, because is only 5Km from the entrance of Angkor Wat, so all you have to do is grab a tuk tuk outside the hotel entrance to your left (look for Mr. Rado, number five) and you will be at Angkor Wat or any of the other temples in minutes.There is also a supermarket and a ATM (which gives money out in US dollars) next door to the hotel and the Angkor Museum is only a five minute walk.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank KarinJeck
Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
We were proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. We are proud to hear that you choose us as the best hotel in Siem Reap and that we have become your second home. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2011

We took advantage of the early bird special so thought the price was great value. The staff are genuinely polite and helpful and the hotel is brand new and takes clean to knew extremes. We saw a maid cleaning the grooves in the doors with a toothbrush! The spa and pool are both great after a long day of visiting temples. Oh and don't miss breakfast - they have pretty much anything you could possibly want.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank London9876
WoWtara, Tara Angkor Management Team at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Warmest greetings from Tara Angkor Hotel
The whole team was proud to be at your service during your visit to the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Wat. We would like to thank you for choosing for Tara Angkor Hotel as the place to stay. We thank you for your kind comments and are happy to learn you have enjoyed your stay. And especially loved our breakfast setup and cleanliness, as you have witnessed our yearly spring cleaning. We thank you for recommending us to your entourage and are looking forward to welcome you here again. With kind regards, Tara Angkor Hotel Management Team.