“Pleasant and comfortable”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #100 of 376 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We enjoyed staying in this hotel during our holiday in Siem Reap. Staff are friendly and the room was comfortable. We were given complimentary dinner vouchers for 2 or the 3 nights we stayed which was a bonus. We fully recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Deluxe room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this site of your recent stay.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you all left with such lovely memories of your stay. Our team are here to ensure that all our guests are as comfortable as possible throughout their time with us, and I was happy to read that our Concierge team in particular were able to do just that.

It is our pleasure to ensure all our guests’ experiences are as memorable as possible, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back .

Tara Angkor Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,196)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Cant really fault this hotel at all apart from shame the pool wasnt a little bigger with more lounge chairs .
Had a great stay here , clean rooms, great bfast ,free wifi and cheap massages for a 4 star hotel

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I was so pleased to learn that your stay was memorable, and that we were able to create such a memorable experience for you and your family. I was delighted to read that you found our location to be so well suited to your needs, and that you were easily able to travel around our wonderful city.

Thank you once again for your kind words. I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity of welcoming you all back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I really loved this hotel . The staff are very cordial and go out of their way to help like arranging tuk tuks and booking tickets for local kick boxing matches!!
During our stay we were given a complimentary foot massage that was a welcome treat after our Angkor Wat tour!!! I would certainly recommend this hotel as a base to explore this historic gem

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank usha80

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that you found our spacious guest rooms to be comfortable and luxurious. I am glad that you were as impressed with our complimentary foot massage – quite unique I’m sure you will agree!

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to our lovely hotel, for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

All staff we met were courteous and helpful,breakfast was plenty to set you up for the day, we had buffet one evening ,think it was $15 per head. Though they said it finished at ten pm you would not have much choice after nine pm. Room was fine, big bed, bathroom ridiculously small for a modern hotel, free wifi, safe, coffee etc in room. Booked car to land mine museum through hotel Waite easily, walking distance to the national museum just some five minutes away

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidofTeddington

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for sharing your kind words, regarding your stay with us.

What a lovely surprise to read such lovely feedback from your stay a few years ago! The fact that your experience is still so wonderful in your memory is an absolute delight for me, and I am sure it will be with our team! They do all genuinely work so hard to ensure our guests enjoy each and every moment of their time with us, and that everyone has an individual, and indeed memorable experience.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed for 4 nights, 5 days and the best part of it was the price. For what we paid (USD 55 per night), we got airport shuttle (to and fro), discounted food and beverage, daily buffet breakfast, 30-min foot massage and discounted spa treatments. It really could not have been any better and the service was impeccable with friendly staff. The twin bedroom was huge, adequate space to move around and beds were comfy (much needed after all that walking!).

Whilst the pool was small, there were always adequate pool lounges. Breakfast spread was great (the usual cereal, eggs, pancakes and Asian food) whilst their cafe had delicious snacks!

Location wise, it is not within walking distance to Pub Street although a USD3-4 tuk-tuk ride will get you there in 10 mins. Any additional need for toiletries/drinks/souvenirs can be conveniently purchased to the store next to the hotel.

Only minor problem was the musty/damp smell when in the room. Perhaps some airing of rooms and some freshener would suffice. Other than this, Tara Angkor is amazing and there will definitely be a repeat stay. Siem Reap is THE place to be.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OccasionalTravelBug

Dear Valued Client,

I was absolutely thrilled to read that our team were able to contribute to such a wonderful experience for you.

It will genuinely be my pleasure to share your lovely words with our teams, and recognise the hard work they all put in to creating such memorable experiences for our guests. In particular, I will be so pleased to personally congratulate both all staffs who take care and attention.

Thank you once again for sharing your fabulous experience on this site. I do hope indeed that your family are kind enough to arrange another visit, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel staff were very accommodating of all our requests and were easy to deal with.. The food was satisfyingly delectable without trying too hard. The room and amenities were adequate. Best of all, is their spa services which my husband and I couldn't get enough of :) We had the Oriental Retreat on the first day and the 90 minute Swedish massage on our last night. After every spa session they'd serve us complimentary Bael tea (thanks to them for introducing us to this fruit tea), which is a perfect cap to the whole pampering experience. We'd definitely come back to this place. Cheers guys..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, following your stay with us.

I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and in particular that you found our team to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay.

As you have mentioned, our guest rooms are indeed extremely spacious, and we are actually fortunate enough to have some of the largest guest rooms in the city. I am pleased that you were able to make good use of this feature of our fabulous hotel.

Thank you once again for posting your comments. I do hope that we will soon have the pleasure of welcoming you back .

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This hotel is one of the friendliest hotels we have ever stayed. I certainly would not want to hear any Europeans or Americans complaining about this hotel as it surpasses any hotel we have stayed in for friendly, efficient service with beautiful food. We were staying at the hotel from 7th. April for 4 nights and lunch was included. We are not used to eating a lot at lunchtime but we were given the Asian set meal. I said that I was vegetarian and without any fuss they immediately set about making me a special meal. They even gave us specially prepared 4 course western meals which would certainly surpass any meals which we have had on a set meal plan before. Such kind lovely people never deserve critisism. This country has been through the most horrendous time and tourism is relatively new but they are doing a better job than any other country I have visited. And why people would not tip them is beyond belief. It is excepted in America and we never had one decent meal there!!! Come on people , give such a ,lovely country some support. Thank you so, so much for a wonderful time Tara Angkhor.

Room Tip: Our room was fine , but maybe a pool view would be better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mazeroodles

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on this website, following your recent visit.

I was naturally delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and that your experience was not only a comfortable one, but also so memorable.

We are indeed located in a fabulous corner of this wonderful city, and our location makes it easy to move around especially Angkor Wat and othersTemple. I am so pleased that you were able to take in the local sights during your visit.

On a final note, I was thrilled to read that our team were able to exceed your expectations in terms of service, and I do hope that both they and I will have the opportunity to welcome you back