Tara Angkor Hotel
US$69
US$56
US$44
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$133
US$71
US$60
US$35
3,288 results
All reviewstuk tukpub streetlovely hotelbreakfast buffetfoot massagepool areaclose to angkor watstayed here for nightstown centreus dollarsour honeymoonloved this hotelnice poolwelcome drinkold marketwould highly recommend this hotelhotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Such a warm and friendly atmosphere with great service, right from the management and desk staff, who were always there to greet you with a smile, no matter what your enquiry was, through to the pool staff who were always on hand with a drink and friendly hello. Our room was quite sizeable and was kept clean and tidy by the staff. The hotel was close to the main attractions and $2 tuk tuk ride to the central area, including Pub Street, a great place to visit at night for a bit of bargaining and cheap food and drink. The whole stay was enhanced by the happy and friendly staff, always ready for a conversation and some local tips in great English. The massage was so good and very professional.

Room Tip: Whole hotel was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Client,

I was absolutely delighted to read that your special weekend was so enjoyable, and our team were able to make all the difference. We do believe that the details make the difference, and I was so pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

When you first arrive, you may think this is just another Western hotel but it is not. You get a warm welcome, a drink and shown around the hotel by warm and charming staff. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and well maintained. The food in the restaurant is superb. The pool is very good and the gym is well equipped. The hotel is a short tuk tuk ride to Pub Street and is close the National Museum which is well worth a look. Will be back there again - highly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms appear good whether facing the road or facing inside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your review us on this tripadvisor.

At your services

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our visit to Siem Riep b/c of the great deal we got. The room is pretty average. I liked it, but didn’t love it. The bathroom is a little small for my taste, but it was good enough. The sheets had a stain on them that bothered me. They need to be careful and re-wash them if dirty or just throw them away if they cannot clean them.

The lobby of this hotel is great. I absolutely loved the floating lotus flowers as you walk in. The entire lobby smells amazing! The front desk staff was extremely friendly and generous.
We ate at the restaurant, but it was so difficult to order because our waiter couldn’t understand English very well. He had to go get someone else to take our order. The food entrees arrived 10 mins apart, also very strange. And to be honest, it just wasn’t very good. We had better meals outside of the hotel.

What bothered me the most is what happened at check-out. We had reserved and paid the hotel for a shuttle to the airport the day before. We had a set time and arrived 5 minutes before then. First, they could not find the reservation. They finally managed to find it, but then tell us they need to check the room before we check-out!? I’ve never heard of ANY hotel doing this. As far as I know, you check the hotel after we leave, and charge us for anything we ate/drank from the mini-bar (which we didn’t and told them we didn’t). They insisted on sending someone to check the room while we are getting late for our flight! We are here basically yelling at them to hurry up and take us to the airport, but they wouldn’t. The person took a good 10 minutes before they came back and told the front desk the room was okay. Then they were able to check us out and take us to the airport. Luckily, our flight was delayed 30 mins so we were able to make it, otherwise we probably would have missed it. This was EXTREMELY frustrating and I am not sure why the heck they had to check our room. The hotel lost major points with me for that.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ahmed R
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking time to review us on this website.

I was greatly disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not reached your expectation especially case of van booking and also check out procedure which made you delay onsite of the hurry and I would like to apologise for not having been able to make it done efficiency from our procedure.

Your comments have been shared with our front office team for their action and review, however I am sorry if this experience had a negative impact on your overall stay and department concerned has been instructed for right procedure they might have done for all standard of services.

I am sorry that your stay with us was not the experience in the site of good memorable.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, and indeed restore your faith in us. Please do let me know if you do decide to make another booking with us, and I would be delighted to oversee the reservation for you by drop me an email: gm@taraangkorhotel.com

Reviewed 31 May 2014

On arrival we were welcomed with cool towels. Our room was quite roomy and we had a bath tub which was great. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style with a great variety of foods.
The only disappointment was where we had lunch on two occasions, the area was very warm and we felt there was no air-conditioning there or if there was it was not on cool enough.
Overall would recommend staying here and would do so again myself.
Great gift shop in the foyer. Spa treatment was lovely, my husband and I had one together.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christene_burnell

Dear Valued Client,

hank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on this website.

I was absolutely delighted to read about your fantastic experience at our hotel, and thrilled to learn that it was our team that really made your time with us so memorable. From the warm welcome provided, I am so pleased that your time with us was seamless, and every expectation was exceeded.

Apologise for air condition which not fresh well during your lunch, technical has been done of fixing included services staffs has been repeat trained for the operation hour of facility.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the next visit.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were disappointed with this hotel and think it should be classified as 3 star. The only positive was the location. We had the most basic room, which was actually very spacious but it was a little dirty and the shower was horrible (one of those bathtub showers with a curtain). If you're staying here, then make sure you get a room with a proper shower! Breakfast was just OK, nothing special. Can't believe they charge you for lattes at breakfast...and they weren't even any good! Overall, the hotel was fine for just two nights but as we were on our honeymoon, we were very disappointed. Our advice is to stay somewhere else.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stefanie B

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding our amenities for our services and facilities. Whilst the found the unsatisfied on the breakfast charge by lateness arrived from Breakfast operation while i would like to gentle repeat with you again that our breakfast hour start from 6 am-10 am and if guest who arrived late it will be ahead per charge of a la cart. So far if there is any advance information it will be exceptional or flexible.

Our Breakfast menus is alternative change by turn round every 3 days and all counters are fulfil by European dishes, Bread, salad, yogurt ,asian dishes, boil rice and other of choice of drink and mainly by tea and coffee which daily over 30 kinds of food are release.

refer to Honeymoon mentioned, all honeymoon guest who inform us in advance or event by last minute we will treat as an VIP which will received Flower, Cake and couple bath soak as well as personal checked, after review your reservation we have found that no any specific mentioned.

Any, I would like to express my sincere apologise of any inconvenience may cause during stay and all member has been shared and give them solution for further efficiency services standard.

should there be any additional information you may need to direct, please drop me at gm@taraangkorhotel.com