“Average...to good!”

Ranked #88 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Average...to good!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with family in April...

Gôod:

-lobby/hotel grounds are good, the outdoor seating for the restaurant was Awesum!!

Spa was ok!

- staff was courteous....

Average:
Rooms were ok, nothing to write home about...

Bad:
Nothing in particular

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank thesharma
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your time to review us on this website.

We appreciating for all comment which raised up and ensure with you that all this valued will be shared with all member for our further improvement or ahead more as a truly experience of Tara Angkor.

Thank you once again for your chosen us to stay during visit Angkor Wat and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Tara Angkor Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights but could have stayed for alot longer. The minute the door is opened for you the staff are helpful and so lovely. The facilities are amazing and my god the breakfast was wonderful. I stayed in a twin room with an extra bed. Room was lovely my only grizzle was that I found the bed a little hard. But I have a sore back so im just being picky. My parents were in an adjoining double room. Their bed was enormous. Can not speak highly enough of the staff. Always friendly and made you feel at home.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jac H
Dear Valued Client,

I, on behalf of Tara Angkor, wanted to drop you thank you note for choosing our hotel. I hope that we managed to make your day extraordinary and special.The entire staff made all the possible efforts to make your guests feel special.

If at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our services, please let us know.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I usually just relied on costumer reviews when booking a hotel whenever I travel. Didn't know what to expect until I arrived and I wasn't disappointed at all. There were welcome drinks and cold towel when we arrived, was ushered to our very comfortable and cozy room. I liked the ambiance of the hotel and they were very accommodating with requests and in-room services. Housekeeping was very good since they clean the room at least 2 times a day and refills the complimentary things on the room bar too. The food was also not bad at all. Location is also convenient. Its less than 10 mins away from both Angkor Wat and downtown/Pub Street.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again in my future visit!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your review and allowing us to show you a truly experience of Tara Angkor.
we are glad to here that you have had a wonderful time in lovely property. The meals we prepared were reached your expectation.

You made us feel like happy on this comment while the entire time you were here. Please let us know if you can visit us again so look forward to welcoming you back.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I had a nice, three-day stay. The first 4 tuk-tuk drivers didn't know where it was located though. It is a bit out of the way, but it has nice, clean rooms. Breakfast is good, the restaurant is ok, a bit expensive for the service and food you get.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

After such a long journey, I am delighted that we were able to provide such a comfortable environment for you to relax and unwind in. I am delighted that you had the time to make use of our facilities, and apologise for any inconvenience caused during stay.

look forward to welcome you back,

London
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at the Tara Angkor in February as part of our honeymoon. We organised a pick up from the airport and were met by a lovely man (sorry, can't remember his name) who spoke excellent English and told us all about Siem Riep on our way to the hotel.

The room we were given was pretty big and overlooked the courtyard. It had all the mod cons you would expect from a hotel in Europe which is pretty amazing when you consider that Cambodia hasn't long escaped civil war. We were greeted with a honeymoon cake and a lovely flower arrangement on our bed which was a lovely touch.

The staff were all really friendly, always smiling and happy to help with tips on where to eat, where to go etc. we organised a tuk tuk through the hotel to take us to the temples the first afternoon. It's a brilliant way to get around and they will take you whe you want and then just wait for you - whether two hours or six - which takes a bit of getting used to at first! After the first day we realised it was much better to pay the driver direct as then they get all the money, which at about 2 dollars for the whole day isn't much.

The breakfast at the hotel was lovely and very varied - there were local and western dishes. We also ate at the pool bar and in the restaurant both of which served lovely food. I would recommend getting out to Pub street and surrounding areas in the town though as its much more atmospheric and you can eat brilliant food for a fraction of the cost in the hotel. It's only about 5 mins away by tuk tuk.

The location of the hotel is its real selling point as it is between the temples (approx 10 mins tuk tuk journey to Angkor wat) and the town (approx 5 mins by tuk tuk). It's only about 15 mins from the airport too. If you fancy it you can also borrow bikes from the hotel and cycle everywhere but you have to be quick as there aren't many.

We used the pool one day and had no problem getting a sun lounger but it is quite a small area so you may experience problems at times. Most people are in Siem Riep to see the temples so only really seemed to use the pool for a part of the day - morning or afternoon.

All in all, I wouldn't say it's a luxury hotel but it was clean, comfortable, in a brilliant location and the staff were wonderful. We were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ms_sunshine
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was very pleased to read that your many stays with us were so enjoyable, and that on each and every visit you found our standards to be high. I was particularly glad to learn that our team were able to provide such consistently good service also.

look forward to welcome you back.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Excellent accommodations, location, service and value...what more could you ask for! Our room was modern and very clean. Included in the price was a 30 minute foot massage and breakfast. Being that we were up VERY early to catch sunrise at Angkor Wat, they were kind enough to box up our breakfast to go. Front desk staff will happily make arraignments for anything you may need. This is a great hotel, and given the price point, not much more you could ask for!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I was thrilled to read that your experience here at our hotel was such a positive one, and indeed that our team provided such a warm welcome. Our rooms are indeed some of the most spacious in this magnificent city, so I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of yours.

Best Regards

Singapore
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed for two nights from 17 to 19 Jun 14 (booked 2 rooms). You have to bear in mind that it cost us only USD65 per room night and at this time of the year, the price included breakfast for 2, free welcome drink, free 30 min foot massage for 2, free cocktails for 2, free airport transfer both ways. And another plus plus during my booking was that I had a guaranteed check out at 4pm. So the main proposition for this hotel is value for money. It is definitely not a 5 star hotel.

Location wise, it is between the pub street / restaurants and Angkor Wat. Just a USD2 tuk tuk ride to pub street, approx 3km away only. Within 400m walk is an excellent restaurant called Mie Cafe which serves truly great food (both local and western) at reasonable prices (USD40 for 4 of us during lunch).

Back to the hotel. The 4 of us went for the free foot massage. The spa is quite contemporary and I note that your spa experience depends largely on the masseur, standards really vary. I saw that the therapist that worked on my wife was really good (mine was mediocre). It prompted me to book her (her name is P'O or O for short) for a 90 minute Thai massage (the bone crunching kind) costing only USD30. She was really great. During payment, I was surprised to note that as a staying guest, I get a 25% discount! So only USD22.50 for a 90 minute experience. Go for it and book P'O, I think you will be satisfied......

Breakfast was actually just average for me, but no complaints given that it is free. We also had a couple of meals here - prices were reasonable and I saw that most people order their rice-based dishes, approx USD5 per fairly large serving. Food decent but not exquisite.

As I checked in late in the evening, I could not really book a tuk tuk to catch the sunrise at Angkor for the next morning. But no problem, the hotel concierge was able to book for me. A whole day tuk tuk would normally cost USD15 for the whole day, can sit 4 pax comfortably. Since mine was booked from the hotel and that I wanted to watch sunrise (meaning leaving hotel at 4.45am), I guess I paid a little premium.

To avoid the hot mid day weather, I planned my Temple visit as follows:
Started at 4.45am, visited Angkor Wat and then Bayon. Tuk tuk arranged by hotel cost USD14. Returned to the hotel at 8.30am for our breakfast. The rested in the hotel, avoided crowds and the hot weather.

I then used the same tuk tuk driver (this time private arrangement) and paid USD8 starting from 3.30pm till 7pm to visit temples near the Ta Prohm locality. Trip ended with tuk tuk driver sending me to the pub street for drinks and dinner at Haven restaurant. I did not bargain with the USD8 price tag and I guess you could if you really want to. Remember the yardstick: a normal full day booking of tuk tuk costs USD15.

The airport transfer both ways were efficient and without much fuss.

We did not use the pool area as it frankly was only functional and did not look tempting enough for us.

We went to the pub for some cocktails. Prices are reasonable, ambience wise so-so. I think most people will head to pub street for drinks. The bartenders are friendly and accommodating.

All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for the price point vs value that you get.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Thaddydaddy
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Needless to say, reading your review was an absolute pleasure for me, and indeed our team! I was delighted to learn that as a regular guest, we are able to exceed your expectations on a consistent basis. Indeed, more than that, I was thrilled to read your comments about both Eustace and Anastasia. Both of these individuals are true assets to our team, and I will ensure your feedback and thanks is passed directly on to them.

Thank you once again and look forward to welcome you back.