“Strategically located”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #103 of 385 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 3 July 2014

As a first-time traveller to siem reap, the moment i set foot at the airport,i immediately had a feeling that i would be having an exceptional 5 days ahead in this part of the globe.It was confirmed initially when i checked in at this cozy hotel straight from the airport. The lemon grass drink plus the cold towels was as refreshing as the staff that welcomed me and my friends.The check in was fast and soon enough we were ushered to a well-appointed and spacious room.
After our wash up. off we went to our first itinerary, Pub street.Several rounds of cambodian beer and pizza at red piano completed our first night in siem reap. Back to our hotel i had a good shower,and had my cup of complimentary coffee and retired for the night
Had a wonderful buffet breakfast the following morning and that great big buffet breakfast went on for the rest of our stay.I made the rounds of the facilities and amenities of this property and was impressed with it considering the rates we got for the duration of our stay.I would say that we had a real good deal! Where else can i find all these amenities and big buffet breakfast for a very affordable price?
The most distinctive feature of this hotel is its accessibility to both the acclaimed temples of siem reap and the rest of the tourist destinations like the Old Market, Pub Street,The Museum and the rest of the shopping areas and dining places.Of course the friendly and accommodating front desk and housekeeping staff made our stay memorable and pleasant.It was truly an awesome experience that made my resolve to bring my family on my next trip that i am seriously considering.

1  Thank oceandeep53
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us on this website.

We're delighted to learn that your experience with us was so memorable, and that it was our friendly and helpful team that really made the difference. I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to our dedicated front desk and housekeeping team, who will be as pleased as I was to read it. Their team, along with all others in the hotel work hard to ensure our guests’ expectations are exceeded on every stay, and I am so pleased that they were able to do just that for you.

I do hope that in the near future, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Kind regards,

Tara Angkor Team

Write a ReviewReviews (3,232)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We had a great experience at Tara Angkor. Here are some details.

Rooms :
Our rooms were clean twice a day. Bed was comfortable. Our room didn't have any view.
But we had an incident in one of the room. It smelled like a dead rat! Hotel staff said that it was the paint smell coming from the stairway.

Business Centre :
They had 4 iMac for guest to use. With photoshop programme too (for photographers who want to edit and upload their pictures immediately).

Hotel Surrounding :
It is always clean. Beautiful lotus displayed at the entrance and near the lift on every floor.

Area :
This hotel is not any where near the happening spot. You have to take the tuk tuk (usually 1 or 2 will be waiting opposite the hotel) to town (pub street and the market).

3  Thank Jane9394

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for posting your review.

We're happy to read that we were able to exceed your expectations on this visit also. we always so proud to read positive comments about our team, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our property

Sorry to learn that you were disturbed you by small renovation project of painting while now almost finish and I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We do hope that indeed you will choose us again for your next stay.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Upon arrival we were welcomed with cool towels & lemongrass drinks. The room was really good, clean & well managed. The staff very friendly & greet you everytime when we walk through Hotel lobby. Guess what, we can check in early at 11.00am, that was really great. Breakfast was good but not many choices for Halal food. We stayed here for 3 nights.

We have booked our tour guide through online before we reached here itself. The tour guide was good but not value for the money we paid. We also enjoyed the Tuk tuk ride in town area & back to Hotel. There are many Halal shops for Muslims, we enjoyed our food well. My favorite drinks here is Mango Jus & Mango Lassy, really superb and almost everyday I enjoy it.

Angkor Wat & all other Temple visit in Siem Reap was really awesome. For shopping nothing much to buy except for souvenirs. Almost all shops sells the same things, so you can bargain for what you want.

Overall our stayed was nice & pleasant

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FaridaBeve
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for you're sharing experience during stay with.

I was delighted to read your valued comment while apologise if some services or facilities did not meet up to your expectation. of course, all the valued comment will bring to share with all member and negative issue will be bring up to services concerned to improve seriously.

We do hope will have change to welcome you back.

Best regards

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was a wonderful experience visiting the Angkor Wat and all the other temples in Siem Reap. The best of Tara Angkor Hotel is that the location is strategic. It is located in between Angkor Wat and the Old Market. During the day, we would visit as much of the temples as we could, and by night time we get some shopping and relaxing at the Old Market area.
The hotel is very beautiful and has the best of facilities. When we got exhausted visiting the temples, we get some good body and foot massage to rejuvenate our body. The hotel has a swimming pool facility as well. And the breakfast, SUPERB!

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony facing the swimming pool is the best.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank FrennieB
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your sharing your experience during stay with us on this website.

I was delighted to learn that your experience was so memorable, and that you enjoyed the comfort and afforded by our hotel. In particular, I was pleased to read that our team members made such a difference to your stay, and that we were able to meet your expectations on all levels.

I do hope that we will soon indeed have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with family in April...

Gôod:

-lobby/hotel grounds are good, the outdoor seating for the restaurant was Awesum!!

Spa was ok!

- staff was courteous....

Average:
Rooms were ok, nothing to write home about...

Bad:
Nothing in particular

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank thesharma
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your time to review us on this website.

We appreciating for all comment which raised up and ensure with you that all this valued will be shared with all member for our further improvement or ahead more as a truly experience of Tara Angkor.

Thank you once again for your chosen us to stay during visit Angkor Wat and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights but could have stayed for alot longer. The minute the door is opened for you the staff are helpful and so lovely. The facilities are amazing and my god the breakfast was wonderful. I stayed in a twin room with an extra bed. Room was lovely my only grizzle was that I found the bed a little hard. But I have a sore back so im just being picky. My parents were in an adjoining double room. Their bed was enormous. Can not speak highly enough of the staff. Always friendly and made you feel at home.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jac H

Dear Valued Client,

I, on behalf of Tara Angkor, wanted to drop you thank you note for choosing our hotel. I hope that we managed to make your day extraordinary and special.The entire staff made all the possible efforts to make your guests feel special.

If at any time you have a suggestion on how to improve our services, please let us know.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I usually just relied on costumer reviews when booking a hotel whenever I travel. Didn't know what to expect until I arrived and I wasn't disappointed at all. There were welcome drinks and cold towel when we arrived, was ushered to our very comfortable and cozy room. I liked the ambiance of the hotel and they were very accommodating with requests and in-room services. Housekeeping was very good since they clean the room at least 2 times a day and refills the complimentary things on the room bar too. The food was also not bad at all. Location is also convenient. Its less than 10 mins away from both Angkor Wat and downtown/Pub Street.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again in my future visit!

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your review and allowing us to show you a truly experience of Tara Angkor.
we are glad to here that you have had a wonderful time in lovely property. The meals we prepared were reached your expectation.

You made us feel like happy on this comment while the entire time you were here. Please let us know if you can visit us again so look forward to welcoming you back.