“Nothing but love for this wonderful hotel”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #88 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nothing but love for this wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

From the time I got into their complimentary shuttle from the Siem Reap airport to the time I checked out, my experience at Tara had been top notch. For a hotel that charges USD35 a night (with breakfast), I say Tara had exceeded my expectations. I loved the proximity of this to the temples and Pub St. was just a 7 minute tuk tuk ride away. I actually enjoyed staying in Tara because it was removed from the noisy bar scene but you could get to that easily if you wanted to. Anyway, the staff were all well-trained, courteous and friendly. Breakfast is good- not fantastic- but complete. I especially enjoyed the noodle soups. I loved the interiors of the hotel as well. The staff was always polite and ready to help you with anything (coffee refills, water, a smile).
The common areas were also beautiful particularly the path leading to the pool and the spa. It was a nice oasis after a long, hot day exploring the temples.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Siem Reap soon.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room with a pool view. Mine was facing a rural neighborhood and there wasn...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank travellingmama1
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you on the comment via this website.

t was an absolute pleasure to read about your experience here with us, and indeed to learn that it was ‘tremendous!’ It fills me with pride to learn about the outstanding service that our teams are providing for our guests, and the memorable moments they are creating, so thank you for sharing yours.

Tara Angkor Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Great Hotel! Close to notable places - Angkor Wat, Pub Street, Phare - The Cambodian Circus and many others. Staff were very friendly and always proactive. The bellmen would always offer to grab a Tuk Tuk and offer key places to see and do in Siem Reap.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your comment.

I was absolutely delighted to read that your experience here with us was so enjoyable, particularly having celebrated such a momentous occasion here with us in the past. We do strive to ensure that the service provided by our team is consistently outstanding, and it is a genuine delight for me to read about the memorable moments our team members create for our guests.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

NSW
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Tara Angkor and loved every moment of our stay. The grounds are good fir a stroll, the swimming pool is good too. The rooms are large and well equipped. The room service is excellent. We reached late at night as our flight was delayed but we still got a good dinner. The staff are very friendly and the bar is worth visiting. Breakfast is lavish but the restaurant is not accessible by lift and we had to use the service lift as my husband has a knee problem and found it difficult to climb stairs. The spa is excellent. I had a facial and my husband had a pedicure. The facial was awesome, cannot say the same about the pedicure. However. the ambience in the spa is superb. We loved our stay in Tara Angkor and would love to go back someday.

Room Tip: The view from the third and fourth floors is better than from the lower floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on this website.

We absolutely delight to read your lovely review of our hotel, and discover that on visit, we are consistently able to exceed your expectations. As a guest of our hotel, it is so important to hear from you that our team are unfailingly providing such high levels of service, and it will be my pleasure to pass your kind words on to them all.

Thank you for your recommendation! I do hope that your next stay .

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

lovely hotel good breakfast clean rooms ensure you used the courtesy safe our teenage kids had money taken from their bags whilst left in the rooms i did notify the duty manager at the time but heard nothing back pity this happened as it spoilt what was a lovely experience

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Louis W
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your comment on this website.

I am pleased to read both of positive and negative comment and apology for the side of happening with concerned of your kid money, Anyway, since our procedure we are take the action seriously for any report, the duty manager will be investigated on the action taken and possible to drop me an email for further detail and investigation on the matter : gm@taraangkorhotel.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Tara Angkor Hotel team
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, loved the classic deco which was simple & elegant. Service was very good. We were offered welcome drinks & a cold towel. Check in was fast & efficient. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Wifi was very fast. Staff were friendly & accommodating. Breakfast was pretty good as well. Location was good, very near the main attractions. Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank ChingM
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for sharing your comments.

Your stay with us sounds like a memorable experience, and I am glad that it was so. We do pride ourselves on the level of attention to detail our team provides for our guests, and it makes me extremely proud to read the lovely comments our guests share about them. Thank you for taking the time to post yours – I will certainly pass them on.

Our location with prime area while it is indeed very convenient for accessing all areas of this world heritage Angkor Wat city, and I am pleased to read that you were able to easily move around.

I do hope that we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tara Angkor, for another unforgettable experience.

Kind Regards

Clayton-le-Dale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was exactly what we'd hoped for in Siem Reap. Located between town centre and temples of Angkor involving a short tuk tuk ride to each. In fairness we didn't spend too much time in it as there's so much to do in and around Siem Reap. The room was of a reasonable size, nicely decorated with efficient air con. Breakfast ok. Would recommend to anyone visiting this particular part of the world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TouringMonkey
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay with us on this website.

I was delighted to learn that your experience with us was so memorable, and that it was our friendly and helpful team that really made the difference. I will be sure to pass on your lovely feedback to our dedicated team, who will be as pleased as I was to read it. Our team, along with all others in the hotel work hard to ensure our guests’ expectations are exceeded on every stay, and I am so pleased that they were able to do just that for you.

I do hope that in the near future, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back and Thank you once again for your recommend us to traveller who supposed to be back or travel to Siem Reap Angkor wat.

Kind regards,

Hue, Vietnam
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Our friends stayed here and recommended Tara Angkor to us. We thought we would treat ourselves and it was worth every single penny. The staff are all genuinely please to help you. The pool is lovely gym was great. The rooms were spotless with a gorgeous big bath. The beds were the most comfortable we have had after 4 months travelling, so much so that after going to the gym and pool we stayed in the room for the remainder of our stay. The most amazing part of our stay here was undoubtably the mind blowing breakfast buffet had absolutely everything you could want. So if you want a treat this is the place to go.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie4747
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for posting your review.

I do hope that in the near future, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Kind regards,