“Great value for the money!”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #88 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great full-serviced hotels with amenities of 4-star hotel but with the price of budget hotel.

Location is great : close to angkor wat complex as well as the pub street/night market (note -- close as in it will only take 10-15 minute tuk-tuk drive. It will be too far to walk, though).

Breakfast is very good. I love the selection and the taste is also really good.

Facilities are very good : nice swimming pool, decent gym.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, given the price + facility (note : I paid around $45 per night)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
taraangkor, General Manager at Tara Angkor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

I was thrilled to learn that your time with us was so enjoyable, and that we were able to exceed your expectations on every level. We are extremely proud of this stunning building we find ourselves in, and I am delighted that you also appreciated it so much.

I am always so proud to read about the memorable moments our team members are creating for our guests, and your feedback is no exception. Thank you so much for sharing it with us – it will be my pleasure to ensure it is passed on to all our team members.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights in this hotel and everything was perfect. The staff was very nice and helped us preparing our visits. It is very close to Angkor and to the center of the village (5 min by tuktuk). If we come back to Siem we will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was an awesome hotel. Very aesthetically pleasing, fun pool & bar area, good lounge & restaurant. The staff was super friendly and the rooms were really great. They take great care of you! Definitely recommend

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having visited Siem Reap for just two days in 2011 I vowed to return and also to return to Tara Angkor Hotel.

I stayed here from July 6th - July 11th 2014 travelling with my Mother and a friend. We had two rooms on the first floor.

Check in was swift and we were greeted by the aroma of lemongrass which immediately reminded us of our last time here. A quick welcome drink is provided as the friendly and efficient staff deal with the formalities of registration etc.

Our rooms were superb....I think I could have fitted at least four or five people in my super giant king size+ bed. The bed was so comfortable and spacious a good nights sleep is guaranteed.

There was a tropical fruit plate awaiting in each room which was a lovely gesture too.

My bathroom included a bath/shower and all the fittings and extras you could possibly need....from a shower cap to a toothbrush. It was spotlessly clean and remained that way during my five nights.....the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job of tidying up after me!

Breakfast was a buffet of epic proportions and caters for all tastes from Western to Asian. I had Noodle soup each morning and my companions opted for omelette both dishes cooked fresh as we waited.

Each night we would sit out near the hotel pool and have a late beer or G&T whilst we discussed the days adventures. The ambiance was excellent and the staff polite and attentive but never intrusive.

The staff at Tara Angkor are superb. We were treated warmly by each and every one of them from the doormen to reception to housekeeping and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.

The concierge helped us hire a Tuk Tuk driver for one of the days we wanted to visit Banteay Srei Temple and this turned out to be one of our best adventures.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on our last evening and the food was delicious. Well cooked tasty and beautifully presented.

Once again I cannot find fault with The Tara Angkor Hotel. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and I hope to be able to visit again in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Even Siem Reap have many nice boutique resorts and villas, I think Tara is a nice choice for you.

I enjoyed my stay at Tara Angkor Hotel with the friendly staffs, various choices of breakfast and nice atmosphere at the lobby. The room facilities are kept well-mantained.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We booked 3nights here, but realized that we'd need more time around siem reap and that the hotel was so wonderful, we booked one more night.
Actually we had a discount voucher, but even without, it would be worth the money.

Pro:
It is a 4 star hotel (as we've been travelling through southeast asia and stayed at other hotels, that weren't worth their stars)
Checking in is made really comfortable and easy
The staff is extremly friendly (they help you where ever they can: as we wanted to go to angkor wat with shorts and a shirt, they friendly reminded us to put on long pants, otherwise we wouldn't get in the temples! And they booked our bustransfer to battambang...)
The rooms are spacious and clean
Beds are comfortable
The pool is extremly clean
The juices at the poolbar are fresh and really yummi
Breakfast is a feast: fresh western and eastern buffet
The hotel sells ngo-products in their little shop
It takes part as an envirotel, so tries to safe water by not changing the linen and towels everyday

Contra:
The coffee for breakfast is really bitter
The gym consists of 2treadmills, 1-2stepper/crosstrainer and some weights, so there are some machines for "bodybuilding" missing

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked this hotel through our tour operator and I didn't have high expectations for it. Was I ever wrong. This hotel is a hidden gem. Doesn't look like much from the outside but it makes up for it once you get inside. The rooms are very nice, the staff are beyond friendly and speak English quite well. The wifi connection is excellent. The breakfast buffet is quite varied in its choices. Overall a definite recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple