“Tara Angkor Hotel, Siem Reap”
Review of Tara Angkor Hotel

Tara Angkor Hotel
Ranked #103 of 385 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 2 November 2009

A great hotel, although on the pricey end.
Staff were very helpful and attentive.
Free internet provided at the lobby and business center.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,232)

Reviewed 22 October 2009

Travelling with friends, we booked the Tara Angkor through Wotif.com. We got a really good rate and were very happy with this reasonably new hotel.
We found the Reception staff were very friendly and efficient, and the breakfasts were very nice.
The location to the Angkor Wat temple site was quite close, and we found getting aTuk Tuk into Pub Street at USA $2. for four people very reasonable and it only took a short time.
We were given free Internet Access.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My only complaints, if I had to list any would be that our room, which was at the front of the hotel had the traffic noise, although not unbearable, was noticible. Also the bed I found was very firm but these probems were very minor.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel late September. Our first surprise was to be greeted at the airport with by hotel staff ready to pick us up. I had not given them my flight details but only specified that I would be arriving for an early morning check in. This gave us a very positive impression of the hotel as we had expected to catch a taxi to the hotel.
Next we were suprised by how friendly and helpful the staff were in regards to the sights around Siem Reap. They all spoke very good english.
Our room was quite confortable with a nice view of the courtyard and pool. The hotel is located outside of the City Centre but you can get to the centre for about $USD 2 using the tuk tuk's outside.
I would definately stay at this hotel again if I revisit Siem Reap.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I stayed at the Tara Angkor hotel for 4 nights while I was in Cambodia. The service was very good--the staff was attentive to any details, and my 9am arrival was met with a cool drink and an invitation to sit on rather comfy chairs while all of the check in materials were brought to me. The shuttle had met me at the airport very promptly and even waited as I bought a SIM card for my global phone.
I really did enjoy this hotel--the pool was beautiful, the A/C was fabulous, the breakfast buffet was tasty, and even the shower had great water pressure. The only downsides were that the lunch and dinner menu was a bit limited, and the beds were massively uncomfortable. I was recovering from illness, and have a tendency toward sciattica, which became inflamed due to the incredibly hard mattress.
I would certainly stay here again...but maybe travel with a mattress topper so I could sleep well!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Tara Angkor is conveniently located - it's located very near Angkor Wat, which is great, because we only had a short drive to see the famous sunrise over Angkor Wat, and just 5 to 10 mins away by tuk tuk to town for shopping, drinks and food.

Our room was clean and well kept, and service at the hotel was always provided with a smile. The concierge was very helpful... she gave us suggestions for an apsara dance performance and massages, arranged for a late checkout for us, and even suggested a guide (but we'd already booked our own).

The hotel looks new, is pretty and is well maintained. The restaurant is decent, and provides reasonably nice food. Breakfast was good, although after our 3-day stay, I think we pretty much sampled everything!

We have a great time at this hotel, and we'd certainly return if we go back to Siem Reap!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2009

our family stayed here for 3 days during the Chinese Golden Week. The hotel is perfectly located just 4km away from the entry point to the excavations of Angkor Wat. Take a tuk-tuk (motor-rikscha) for a day (15$) and the area is yours.
The hotel is very well in shape, excellent restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. The rooms can be a bit noisy, depending on your neighbour ... we had to change after a night due to some British youngsters who could not be tamed by the staff.
Secondly, the excavation is specifically exciting during sunrise ... you'll hear alarm clocks at 4am ...

The outdoor pool on the 1st floor is a gem, very quiet with good food&drink services to relax your bones after your archeological explorations of the day :-)

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank fivedauns
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We stayed here in September 2009 for 3 nights and were extremely impressed. Its situated in a great location about 5 mintues out of town (on a tuk tuk) on the road to Angkor wat. The rooms were comfortable, the pool is lovely, though small for the amount of rooms....i never saw too many people using it so getting a chair was never a problem.
The concierge was outstanding booking tours, dinner, guides bicycles etc she was very helpful.
I really cant enough good things about this hotel everything was perfect. I am sure you wont be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business