Pullman Douala Rabingha
US$74
US$72
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness centervery nice hotelswimming poolbusiness tripaugustinclarissebarmancameroonfurniturerefurbcuisinewest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel itself is ok. Looks and feel like a 3 star hotel. Rooms and bedsheets are clean but kinda small especially for this kind of expensive hotel
The service is fair enough, the food good but you can find better and cheaper food in the city
The cocktails are fairly good too..
Dont use the mini-bar its insanely expensive and u just have to cross the street to find the same items 10 times cheaper
That being said, there are not a lot of options when one looks for decent hotel in Douala in the center of the city. So Le meridien is as good as it gets

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
domivia, Directeur général at Pullman Douala Rabingha, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Tresor,

Many thanks for your positive comments on our hotel and we are glad that, even you find it expensive, you think that we are the best in town. For information, a full renovation will start on 2014 for a 2-3 years period
see you soon

Reviewed 3 August 2013

I am yet to find a hotel in Africa that I can write anything too positive about and the Le Meridien Douala is no exception. The tedium starts with the airport pick up shuttle, or to be more accurate the lack of! On my most recent visit, this week, I waited at the airport for 45 minutes bear in mind it is only a 15 minute journey so there is little logic for that. When I did eventually get a colleague to chase the hotel they then tried to blame her for them not collecting me.

The management, and hotel director, were most apologetic and I was escorted to my room. On arrival I find the toilet seat is not fixed, and bear in mind here you are paying a very full price for a very sub standard hotel and room, and that the taps (faucets) rotate through about 90 degrees as they were not fixed. I complained on both points to the Director who assured me that they would be fixed, taps were toilet seat wasn't.

The staff in the both restaurants are generally okay but the bar is a different matter. Having sat waiting for 5 minutes for service when a very Un-busy waiter walked past 3 times I eventually gave up and went to a local restaurant where I got both decent food and drink, quickly.

The final straw came on check out when I had to argue that I had not eaten two pizzas the previous night an hour apart and that the signature whilst similar to mine was clearly not as could be seen by the poorly written numerals.

Would I recommend this hotel I would have to say that given the limited choice in Douala then yes I would but that is no great recommendation.

Room Tip: Get a poolside room just to keep the noise down
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Camasco
domivia, Directeur général at Pullman Douala Rabingha, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Vince,

Thanks for your comments and once gain our apologizes for inconveniance received. Once again, there were no track of any shuttle reservation on this day (I checked it by myself on same day). As you know, we will start a renovation on 2014 and some of our problems will be resolved.
Thanks for recommanding our hotel (even if it is not a great one but we will do our upmost to make it a great one during your next stay)

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have stayed several times at this property through the years, and unfortunately, I don't see a lot of improvements. This is not what you would expect from a Starwood - Le Meridien property... On the positive side, the breakfast is good with great variety and numerous freshly cooked products, the poolside bar/restaurant is also quite good. The rooms on the other hand are in need of full renovation, the tables are too large for the size of the room and take up too much space. The outside aspect of the hotel is also quite dull. Overall, this hotel is benefiting extensively from the lack of International brand hotels in Douala; but the quality is not up to par, not a great value for my money in my book.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the swimming pool, it's quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
domivia, Directeur général at Pullman Douala Rabingha, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Iceman,

Many thanks for your comments. All the team and myself really appreciate that you enjoyed a lot our breakfast and our outside restaurant around the pool. For information, regarding rooms, a full renovation will start on 2014 to become really upmarket.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you have stayed at other Le Meridiens throw your expectations out the door for this one. Everything about this hotel is old and run-down. The tiles in the bathroom were grouty, I was afraid to let my body touch any surface in the shower. The room and bathroom was minscule. The room had one tiny window which made the room seem more cramped and claustraphobic.

There was no wifi accessibility (!!). The cramped elevators were smelly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ASB_Germantown
domivia, Directeur général at Pullman Douala Rabingha, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your comments. For information, we will do a full hotel renovation starting 2014 and we hope that it will be convenient for you.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

There is a severe lack of options for good hotels in Douala. Le Meredien is probably afterall the best, but that says a lot. The hotel is old and seriously needs to be refurbished. The food is average at best. Wifi was only partly reachable from my room, which was a major dissapointment, as i practically would have to sit at the toilet, to surf the net. The rooms don't appear very clean, which came as the biggest dissapointment.

I came back for a late check-out, went to my room to pick my luggage, to find two cleaning ladies sitting on my bed, watching TV....... All in all a pretty dissapointing stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Martinwt
domivia, Directeur général at Pullman Douala Rabingha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Martin,

Many thanks for your comments. For your information, we are filizing a rfull hotel renovation which will start on 2014. regarding internet, you have either the possiblity to have it through cable on your desk or through wifi (obviously, wifi will be always less good than the cable one). I feel really sorry for your bad experience inside the room and we will look on it.
Hope to see you soon back in our hotel