“Very Nice”

Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Antofagasta
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was there for work, what I can tell you is I would never take a vacation there. Not a lot to do and the beach is very dirty. The staff was fantastic and the room I was in had a fantastic view of the ocean.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnaeropuerto, Director Comercial at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you very much for your comment. The hotel is completely renovated few months ago. We offer to all our guest FREE 100% WIFI and buffet breakfast. Our commitment is to offer our Guest the best service in town. Hope to see you again. Thank you

Reviewed 24 December 2013

we stayed in the second floor and the panamericana passes just by. The window sealing was defect
and could not be closed. After the caretaker closed it it was a bit better.. The bad window quality
didnt help much to absorb the noise... Heavy Trucks are passing by in minute tact... we don't understand why the heavy trucks have to go across the center of the town.. Couldn't sleep the whole nite because the noise... the room just beside the elevator didn't help either... For the price
a big disappointment... only to be recommended for one nite..Since this is a miners town the prices are high and tourist are rare... take a higher room and don't expect to sleep before 3 am... when the traffic eases. The hotel should invest in some new windows or at least repair the window sealings.

Room Tip: not on the first floors -----noise level from the panamericana is high
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
horacio m, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience. We are improving our insulation due to truck traffic. Again, thanks for your comments.
Best regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

First of all, Antofagasta is not a destination. The town wasn't much fun at all. The Holiday Inn was nice by ANF standards, quite modern. Decent breakfast, comfortable beds. The pool was mainly in the shade, and COLD. I was there for three nights and didn't see a single swimmer.

Front desk was very helpful.

If you must spend time in Antofagasta, this is the place to do it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
horacio m, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thanks for your feedback and for sharing your experience. In turn, told him that we are working in a heating system to keep the pool at a comfortable temperature. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

As we were checking in, a backpack with a laptop and other stuff was snatched right from our feet and the security guard nose too. Not a good way to welcome you to the hotel.
The employees were very helpful and the police and security camera tapes checked. All very nice, but we have no hope of recovering anything, and it was a very sad way to start the visit to Antofagasta.
As you can imagine, there was no way to enjoy the rest of the stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
horacio m, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Unfortunately the famous theft, changing bag, it has become very frequent in the hotels in the city. In this case, in addition to redouble security on all fronts, we will respond to the host, all the objects he had in his backpack.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I booked an oceanfront room, bad mistake. This hotel is on a very busy main road (which you have to try an cross to get to the ocean) and the noise from the traffic was so bad I couldn't sleep - even with ear plugs in!! The heating in the room wasn't working, the room safe wasn't working, the bathroom door wouldn't close properly and some of the lights weren't working.

The breakfast was good though. Plenty of restaurants nearby and the hotel has its own radio cab that is prompt and reliable. Good internet connection for a hotel and everything was clean. Front desk staff speak English. They need to come up with some system of stopping the housekeeping staff from monopolizing the elevators during busy times (ie. during breakfast hours when guests want to use them). I give this poor rating because of the noise and poor room amenities. I spend over 80 nights a year in hotels and am a Platinum member of Holiday-Inn, so I have a lot of hotels to compare this against. Try the Radisson a little further South of this hotel - seems to be better.

Room Tip: Book a high floor or one not facing the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bob P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Bob P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room conditions, and ambient noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member..

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The hotel was very nice and has a good breakfast.

The beds are very soft (for good or for bad).

The views from the rooms are also nice (either ocean or mountains). The hotel lobby also has a comfortable sitting area which was good for relaxing.

My one complaint would be they did not have any adapters for US outlets. I had my own so it was not a problem but many international hotels I stay in have a US plug in the bathroom or adapters at the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
holidayinnaeropuerto, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you very much for your comments; they will help us improve our services. I hope we can have you back with us soon.
Best regards!

Holiday Inn Chile & Buenos Aires

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Well, on the off-chance you find yourself in this bustling mining town at the northern end of Chile make sure you bring your Spanish phrase book. This town is on the edge of the Atacama desert and has until recent times thrived from nitrate mining. More recently it's copper mining activities have ameliorated it's fortunes. So much so that Holiday Inn, McDonalds and Domino's have arrived. Not that I could afford to visit the last two franchises, not with my waistline! I arrived at this Holiday Inn during a transition phase I presume. The builders were in and there was brick-dust everywhere. And the screaming drills seemed to wait until both me and the receptionist opened our mouths to talk. Eventually I checked in and asked where I could eat healthy food. They told me onsite they had a food shop or I could visit the myriad of local restaurants that have sprung up to serve the transient business community of mining industry people. It's not a tourist town, nor is this a tourist hotel but it is a winning format for an easy decision about where to stay. You know Holiday Inn and this one, albeit a work in progress, was not really different. The building work was to improve the hotel with a spa and pool area so maybe next time I visit there will be less drilling and hammering and more splashing? I opened the door of my room to be happily unsurprised that this met all my expectations. I also got a sea view (see photos). The local road noise was light during the early evening and certainly not a problem to me as a weary traveller, once I shut the window and switched on the air-con. A lovely shower (be quick as you are in a desert) and I was ready to eat. Downstairs I was pleasantly surprised to hear silence. The builders were told to stop at 6pm. I ordered a salad from the limited food available, some fresh fruit some bottled water and in celebration of my first visit to Chile a stubbie of the local beer. It was fantastically fresh and really tasty. The vegetables in my salad literally danced across my tastebuds with a wholesome quality I have not exerienced before. After a quick log-into the wi-fi and update of my messages and emails I slept like a log.

I arose, refreshed and determined to take my first swim in the Pacific. So I got ready quickly and drew the curtains to a murky gloom which kind of took me by surprise. I waited, but it never got brighter. Neither could I face a breakfast, the jet lag was kicking in. It did however get warmer, so I went on the "promenade" and found my way to the waters edge. There was a funny smell in this area and the seawater looked less fresh and natural than the froth from a sewage outlet - so as my mind raced over the various diseases I might catch from immersing myself I decided that discretion would be the better part of valour and I merely got in up to my knees. Job done - sort of. The hotel had a late check out facility (for a fee) if you had a late flight and wanted to hang about. And the staff were polite and "normal". All in all I would say I was unsurprised by the reliability, normality and efficiency I encountered. Even on the edge of a desert - Holiday Inn do it again! Well done chaps and thanks for a great one night stay.

Room Tip: When booking you can (for a FEE) insist on a sea view! but you that is also the side where the road...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
horacio m, Gerente at Holiday Inn Express Antofagasta, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear, thank you very much for your feedback. We hope we can visit again, beginning in April with the Hotel completely remodeled and ready to meet all the needs of our guests.