Backpackers Kawashkar
Natalino Hotel Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
US$98
US$95
Hotel Alcazar(Puerto Natales)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$72
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Martin Gusinde(Puerto Natales)
US$98
US$93
Hotel Costaustralis(Puerto Natales)
US$161
US$120
Hostal Amerindia Patagonia(Puerto Natales)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$59
Kau Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
US$75
  • Breakfast included
The Singing Lamb(Puerto Natales)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$20
Remota(Puerto Natales)
  • Breakfast included
Weskar Patagonian Lodge(Puerto Natales)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

The facilities are okay. Rooms are clean as are the bathrooms. The guy who works at the reception is just plain rude when asked simple questions. When he found out that we've sorted out our bus tickets etc and brought our own gear for trekking and it was clear he wasn't going to make any more money from us, he became even ruder. I'd highly recommend staying somewhere else if possible.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights and was amazed at how far these guys went to help me! They are such good guys with the best intentions. The breakfast was also superb. Nutella, eggs and peaches were even included. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen is fully equipped. They have everything you need here. Yes there are a lot of rules and some of them are a bit strict but it's also what makes this place so clean. Respect the laws and you will be treated really well!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 November 2013

So I arrive and all is hunky dory. Guy gave me good info and showed me around. I was unfortunate to have booked the male dorm which was opposite the kitchen and next to the lounge. Initially the smoke alarm was needing new batteries and no-one was doing anything about it so I told them about the constant beeping which they fixed. The tv was on extremely loud in the adjacent room until midnight with no-one watching it so I turned it off. The kitchen light shines right through the glass door into the male dorm - easily fixed by putting a poster or something up to cover the glass. The worst was having to get up at 1am to let someone in because no-one answered the doorbell. I expressed my displeasure in the morning which he ignored and just said about the rules - rules which were not indicated on my arrival - and kicked me out. Apparently it´s quiet time from midnight. Really strange given most people come to Puerto Natales to get up early to trek and would like a good nights sleep. And he´s been told about these problems before as he complains ´what is it about you guys complaining about the room?´. FIX THE PROBLEM AND THE COMPLAINTS GO AWAY!! Loco I tell you. I´m now in a reaaly nice hostel called Yagan House.

If you do stay here then get an upstairs room in the mixed dorm, don´t forget your earplugs and eye-mask otherwise. Other than that the place is clean and comfortable it´s just this guy who looks permantently stones or sleep deprived that is mad.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lee D
Reviewed 24 May 2013

It was a great hostel. I had a bed in a 6 bed girls dorm, which I shared with one other girl. Omar was very welcoming and and informative. He helped me with booking tours and bus tickets. He even recommended that I join a group of guys staying there, who were independently trekking, but I was too lazy to do a 9 hrs hike. So I ended up booking a full day tour with Omar to Torres del Paine but I didn't like this tour, but that has nothing to with my stay at Kawashkar.

Hot showers. Yummy, full breakfast: Cereal, yogurt, toast with butter and jam, cheese, coffee, tea, fruit, milk and Omar cooked eggs for everyone in the morning. The place is super clean. And the rules were there to make it super clean and comfortable for everyone. I appreciated that a lot!! Free wifi that worked in my room!! Close enough to a few small market and short walk to a big Unimark. Omar was awesome. I was really sad to go after my short stay. I would come back just to hang out with him :)

Highly recommended and will come back for sure if I make it back to Puerto Natales.

p.s. Ladies, Omar is a handsome and funny single guy, get him while he's still on the market ;)

Room Tip: I got in the 6 bed dorm, I think there might be an 8 bed dorm too. I had wifi in my room and that was awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed here for a night before going on the W trail and again for a night after I came back. Omar was great. I was able to rent everything I needed for the trek from him, and also left most of the stuff in my backpack in the lockers for the few days that I was gone. The floors are a bit creaky, the stairs a bit steep (I scraped my leg about 3 times!), and the cooking facilities a bit strange, but overall a great place to stay, and Omar will do your washing when you get back from the trek.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo