“Great Food & People Watching”
Review of El Maritimo

El Maritimo
Ranked #39 of 107 Restaurants in Puerto Natales
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We enjoyed this place so much we went back again after our hike of the Torres del Paine "w" trip. We sat right in the front with the windows watching the main street and it makes for great people watching. The salmon special was VERY delicious and my husband's steak was very good too. Be prepared to hang out for at least an hour though. The servers don't come around very often, but if you're on vacation, what's the rush?

Reviewed 13 January 2013

The food in El Maritimo was an OK minus we had the Chupe de Cetolla and fish - Robalo.
The chupe was good but I was expecting a bigger portion. The Fish was ok but with bones.
The waitress was not very happy that day, she was not pleased to serve us.
Overal an OK restaurant.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Ok if you are going to be in Puerto Natales for more than a day I would pair this restaurant with another restaurant like Afrigonia so you can average out the cost a little bit. This place is pretty cheap with big portions. My only problem with the place is we asked if either of the fish we ordered came with bones and the girl said no but one of them did and that was a big win in the butt trying to not choke on those little bones. Other than that the service is on the slow slide ( no different than a lot of restaurants in chile ). Not much of a place for decor but the food is good. I liked their king crab appetizer and it was very nice sized portion.

I didn't love this place but liked it. Depending on how many nights you are staying in the town it's worth going as long as it won't be your only meal in town

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very ample pour of wine, delicious merluza (local hake-type fish). Worth a stop if you want to splurge on a dinner out.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

I visited el Maritimo the night after I completed the W Circuit after 5 challenging days in the park. The restaurant had been recommended to us by our guide, as a great spot for seafood and the people we were with had also heard it was good. We ate so much food. We ordered a seafood platter to share, which was filling enough but then we stupidly ordered grilled hake and chips. Needless to say with all that food a great bottle of red wine, we were very full by the end of the night. This meal for 4 people came to around the equivalent of £40 - peanuts considering the great quality of food that we'd enjoyed. The only thing that I would mention is that it took a little while for the food to come and the waitress didn't speak English (not a problem for me as I'm fluent in Spanish) but something that may put someone else off?. The wait didn't matter to us, we were busy talking about our trek and we ate some bread in the meantime.