“Food experience!”

Cuisines: African, Chilean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This place is delicious, the flavours and uniqueness of the food make for a great dining experience. The friendly staff are very proud to be serving such amazing food and great wine listm Expensive overall but worth every penny.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have to say this was one of the best meals I had during my month long April 2014 Patagonia adventure. The price is shocking but so is the quality of this restaurant given it's location. It's absolutely worth the splurge. My meal and dining experience was superb in all regards from start to finish. Earlier reviews in alignment with my experience. I am not sure where the African-Patagonian fusion flair is so present as I only dined there once and had the crab opener and lamb entree. Both were just creative enough to be distinct and memorable, more importantly- delicious. Go if you can afford the splurge. I found the overall experience worth the price. Transported to another location, I might be more critical. The market for fine dining is rather thin in Puerto Natales and I was grateful for this restaurant given my activities in Patagonia.

1  Thank Divawing
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My son and I were in Puerto Natales and had dinner here both nights. Fish one night and lamb the next. Just excellent. Sides and appetizers and wines were perfect. Cheerful, friendly and helpful wait staff -- that is appropriately proud of their restaurant. I would put it in my top ten world restaurants. It was THAT good.

1  Thank AuburnWine
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We went here on the night we returned from the W trek. While pricey, Afrigonia has lovely food and fantastic service and beautiful presentation and a standout in Puerto Natales. My salmon ceviche was amazing, as was the mango sour aperitif! A must for anyone who wants a real treat.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The notion of an African-Patagonian fusion restaurant was odd enough to have us beating a path to the door, encouraged by the word that it was also the best restaurant in town.

We ate well, but wondered about the fusion description. My wife, keen to add some of the local seafood to her list, wanted king crab; she had it prepared in three ways on one plate – a small soufflé, a dollop of mousse, and a length of leg meat atop some slices of smoked salmon, all this with the little squiggles and pools of sauce (I would say jus if I were that sort of person) that characterise any cuisine with pretensions nowadays. I kept pace with a chunk of tuna, barely seared but tender. Some rather dull potatoes came with her meal; I did better with wali, a dish of rice with raisins and almonds with a mild curry flavour. That apart, nothing about the meal shouted ‘Africa’ at me. We drank a bottle of halfway decent sparkling demi-sec; the amiable waiter came across with a joky selection box which he offered to us to choose from, but it contained nothing more than sweeties.

Staff: pleasant. Décor: forgotten it already. Best in town? Couldn't say, for we only tried one other.

1  Thank Ian C