“Octavio and Bradley are so great that I thought they were Canadian!”
Review of The Singing Lamb

The Singing Lamb
Ranked #2 of 51 Puerto Natales B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I had a leak in my gas tank and these two were very helpful and hospitable. Not to mention very interesting to talk to you just feel like your at you buddys house. I would recommend this hostel because of them! It's also very clean and comfortable there. There are also a couple of very sweat lady's serving a supper breakfast. Thank you Julianna

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Octavio M, Public Relations Manager at The Singing Lamb, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thanks for the sincere words Julianna! Hope all is well with your travels! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I am a 60 year old woman travelling on my own and, as soon as I arrived, the hosts were wonderful! They remembered my name at all times, helped with advice for horse riding and other experiences. I loved the fact that there was not only a duvet but also a real towel!! I felt at home and relaxed which, having done the circuit plus most of the W was so welcomed!! I can´t think of anything which would improve my visit here. Brilliant! Thank you so much!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

We appreciate your positive review Sally! We enjoyed your stay with us as well! Safe travels!!

Reviewed 16 December 2012

The Singing Lamb is the most sociable hostel we have stayed in so far! We loved it. Part of this was due to two of the guys who work there, octavio and bradley. They are really friendly and so helpful with planning. They had great advice on what to do, where to eat, anything W related - from bus tickets, to rental gear to refugio bookings. They were awesome.

The hostel has 2 rooms with 9-10 beds in each. Most of the beds are singles which is nice, with just a few bunks. The beds are VERY comfy and the duvets are amazing! Sleep quality is purely down to who is in your room, we had some seriously inconsiderate people but thats not the hostels fault. The lounge is big and nice place to chill out. it has a big library with loads of travel books and the wifi speed is great. You can even get wifi in the bedrooms! The kitchen is quite big, great for cooking and a nice place to hang out. The guys make eggs for breakfast which is served up with homemade bread and jam. All delish - but wouldnt mind a bit more bread if im honest! its so good, one slice just isnt enough!!

We met tonnes of people there, everyone was super chatty and friendly, more than anywhere else we have stayed. I can see why its regularly booked out - id definitely recommend staying here. It is a little far from the centre of town but worth the 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the thorough review, we certainly appreciate it! Hope all is well with your travels!!

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

Bradley and Octavio are super nice guys and very helpful. They took good care of our large group and booked our buses. They also cook a great breakfast! I can't recommend the Singing Lamb enough. My only complaint would be that it is located a little far from the better restaurants in Puerto Natales.

• Stayed: December 2012

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast! Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 5 December 2012

This place provided a moment of bliss for my aching bones......the warmth, cleanliness, homeliness and most of all the duvets (!!!) helped revived me between the W trek and the fjords. Homemade breakfast and the run of a pristine kitchen made me feel right at home, and chatting long into the night with our wonderful hostess and fellow travellers over a bottle of chilean red made this an experience to savour. Highly recommend (but keep it under your hat - don't want everyone to know about this little gem!!)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for the great recommendation! We´re happy to have met your needs!!

Reviewed 30 November 2012

This house feels like home. So comfortable and warm. We usually book private rooms in hostels because we are a couple in our mid 30s, but this place doesn't have any. It didn't matter in the least. There are 2 large rooms scattered with beds and a few bunks. When you check in you get a warm welcome( Octavio and Bradley) who then give you linens folded neatly in a cloth bag. The duvets are big and comfy, I could have laid in bed all day reading:) there is so much natural light and everything is really clean. There is a sunroom and huge back yard with a gorgeous garden.
The guys were extremely helpful, booking bus tickets to Torres del Paine and answering any questions we had. They also have lockers to keep your extra stuff in while you do your trek( bring your own lock)
The kitchen is the perfect place to cook and drink wine and chat with the staff and other travelers.
They have a bread machine too!
Loved this place!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We appreciate the kind words and positive review! Thank you and hope all is well!!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

From the moment my girlfriend and I walked into the singing lamb, our names had been memorized. We were shown our beds and handed bags with a towel and our bed linens. One might be bothered by having to make their own bed but after staying in a previous hostel where I found the butt of a cigarette tucked in my sheets, I quite welcomed the chore with the knowledge I would be sleeping in a clean place. After returning downstairs we found a friendly atmosphere permeating the cozy, accommodating kitchen. Homemade bread was being made for the next mornings breakfast. Our names were still memorized. After going to Torres, we returned for two more nights, one of which was thanksgiving. We organized an impromptu dinner and the two hostel employees, plus a friendly couple from Tasmania, joined us (it was the Australians' first turkey day). All in all, the singing lamb is a clean, inviting environment, promoting one of the purest senses of community I have felt in a hostel. Be warned though, you're going to want to stay longer than you anticipated.

• Stayed: November 2012

The impromptu Thanksgiving was most excellent! Thank you so much for the great review! Hope all is well!