“Perfect for a nice long lunch!”

The Singular Patagonia Restaurant
Price range: US$45 - US$55
Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Matching the richness and beauty of the building itself will be that of the dishes emerging from Chef Laurent Pasqualetto´s kitchen, further connecting guests to the region´s terrior and heritage. Locally grown ingredients, such as Patagonian hare, lamb, southamerican king crab, white strawberries, rhubarb, seaweed and Patagonian honey will tempt palate as Chef Pasqualetto re-imagines traditional, regional recipes; fully respectful of the area´s culture and its rich byproducts. To perfectly complement the delectable dishes coming out of the kitchen, you will be able to choose from a variety of wines from each grape-growing valley of Chile.5 kilometres from Puerto Natales.
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant and grounds. The atmosphere is gorgeous, a great place to spend a long afternoon eating amazing food and drinking amazing wine, it is definitely worth the money and to spend a good bit of time having a few courses. We enjoyed going for lunch as the grounds and views are beautiful. I highly recommend to go before leaving town.

TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know you had such a good time at our restaurant! It really makes us proud to know you enjoyed the view, food and service our hotel has to offer! Your comments are very important to us and for that we thank you!

Stop by again soon!

Attentively

The Singular

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were told it was a mile and a half walk from Puerto Natales...wrong...it was over four miles, so the team was getting a bit restless and tired, as we walked the shoreline to the Singular for dinner. When we finally arrived we were so pleasantly surprised that we forgot all about our long walk. They treated us like royalty! We were forty five minutes late, yet they were in no hurry and sent us to the bar to relax and enjoy ourselves. After having two surprise appetizers and delicious El Calefate Sours we made our way to our table to enjoy a delicious dinner! It was the whole experience that made this place so special! In their words, "Patagonia. The former home of the Frigorifico Bories, a cold storage plant built in the early 20th century, The Singular has been transformed into a hotel unlike any other." They have combined old and modern into an exquisite experience. Take time to look through the unique museum! We were so enchanted that on the way home from

TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write to us, The Singular is located 5.5 km out of the town of Puerto Natales, at the zone of Puerto Bories, you can get there by taxi, own car or maybe walking like this family , the restaurant is open for all the people , doesn´t matter if you are staying at the hotel or not, we got menu for vegetarian, snacks and the regular one

came and live the Singular experience in patagonia

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I arrived to this huge compound by the water, which I later found out was a meat packing plant, a remnant from the earlier sheep boom. There was a little production about me not having a reservation. They had to call the restaurant [it is also a hotel] to see f there was room for 1. Luckily there was and then I was escorted to a unique inclined elevator, I felt I was being shown to my underground evil lair or superhero headquarters. My guide then led me through a hallway through a wide open warehouse with antique equipment on either side. I was told it was also a museum and I could wander around after dinner. I chuckled to myself as the restaurant had more than ample tables so not sure what the production about the reservation was but I would recommend that you make one. The dining area is well done and graced with gorgeous water views. I ordered the guanaco which was artistically presented, extremely tender, and tasted just as good as the presentation. Service was well above average. I would definitely recommend checking this place out if you are up for a splurge.

TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

The Singular Restaurant is unique in his class, the fusion of arquitecture, desing and food makes you have a wonderful time, always we recomend pre booked a table . so you and us make sure that at the end your experience was really Singular

thanks for share your experience

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The whole experience of this sheep industry complex now turned into museum, hotel and restaurant was great. The mixture of modern elements with beautifully refurbished and well lit spaces was inspired. Food and drinks were well prepared and the ambiance was welcoming with warm woods and leather furniture lightened by glass and steel for stairs, etc. Creative salad shared, excellent lamb shank for me and mushroom gnocchi for my husband. All Four of us were very pleased.

1  Thank Cheryl B
TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thanks for take the time to write your comment , The Singular restaurant works with raw material of firth quality (all from the zone), join with the old arquitecture and design of first level , that make you feel in another world, living a Singular experience, we are very happy for you four good moment, hope we see you again here in patagonia

Reviewed 13 January 2014

For a restaurant with the pretension and reputation of The Singular our experience was fairly poor.

It started with a reservation. Weeks in advance I had contacted the restaurant to secure a reservation for a Saturday night and I had received an email of maitre d' confirming my reservation (with a CC to three other people and the reception no less). Big surprise: when we showed up there was no record of my reservation. They did not even want to let us in beyond the front desk while they were trying to sort it out. We decided that this was unacceptable and went to the bar for a drink first. This was the best part of the evening. The drinks were great. When we tried to get into the restaurant they were still sorting out our reservation and finally gave us a table after I showed the email of the maitre d'. Clearly the restaurant is mainly for guests of the hotel and we had less priority.

Contrary to other reviews, we experienced the service as very casual and sloppy. When we asked for the sommelier, the waiter did not understand it and told us that he could give advice on the wine. His recommendation was that cabernet sauvignon goes well with red meat. Thank you. Good to know. For the rest absolutely no clue about the wine list. Not uncommon in Chilean restaurants yet unacceptable for a five-star hotel.

The starters were alright. Nothing spectacular. Then the meat arrived. With apologies of the chef. My piece of lamb was deemed to small (it was substantial), so they decided to make me the same dish a second time (!) and serve it after I was finished with the first dish. I understand that things may go wrong in the kitchen but there are 1001 ways to handle the situation (what happened to the free dessert, a glass of brandy, or a complimentary in-between dish?). This was clearly not one of them.

Worst was that the meat actually disappointed. Lack of taste (both for the lamb and the guanaco/lama). The accompanying polenta was a disaster. The second time around more of the same. Desserts were acceptable.

In short, this was a fairly poor experience. I suggest to go for a drink, experience the beautiful hotel and then have dinner at Afrigonia in town (simple place; extraordinary lamb; good service).

1  Thank b12346
TheSingularHotels, Gerente at The Singular Patagonia Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Deeply regret that your experience at The Singular has not been in the category that we are accustomed to providing our guests and visitors, we will take account of each of the points in your comments and we will work to correct them, we hope to have the opportunity for you and your family live the Singular actual experience, here in Puerto Bories patagonia or in our next hotel The Singular Lastarria in Santiago