“Homely and Comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Natales
Hostel El Patagonico
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I only stayed one night at Hostel El Patagonico en route to Torres del Paine. I really liked Puerto Natales as a town and would have liked to spend time there. We got to the hostel rather late (~ 10 pm) but were welcomed very warmly. Within the first ten minutes or so I felt a very warm, homestay-like vibe from the hostel. The rooms were clean and the place felt safe and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hostel to friends. As a suggestion - I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks a night for a basic breakfast (cereal, bread) and a towel. That may be something the Andres and Monica might want to consider.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 March 2014

ANDRES and MONICA...the amazing owners MAKE this hostel. Super lovely and extremely helpful...I forgot to buy my bus ticket to Calafate in advance and emailed them from Ushuaia...they sorted me out with a ticket asap which I paid for when I arrived a few days later. My friend who wasn't even staying there, went to them for help on booking a tour...they are that lovely! Excellent location, near the bus stop and the centre of town. I love the shot of Calafate they gave me when I left...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I travelled through Puerto Natales on our way to Torres del Paine and also spent some days after our trip there. On both occasions we stayed at El Patagonica Hostel. This was one of the finest hostels we have stayed at. Super clean, super affordable, comfortable, lovely hot showers! But what makes this place special is Andre and Monica, the owners. Andre went out of his way to make our stay very comfortable and was helping us into the early hours of the morning preparing for our trip to TdP. We arrived late in the evening and were due to leave early the next morning. We realized that we had not accounted for one meal and without hesitation, Andre whipped together a bag of food from his own fridge and shoved it in my hand, not expecting anything in return. Andre, I will not forget that amazing block of cheese! When we returned from TdP, Andre and Monica even made some personal sacrifices to accommodate my wife and I for a couple more days. These guys just do it right. We also enjoyed the Calafate liqueur as a toast upon our departure. This hostel certainly comes highly recommended!

Heinrich and Lihani

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

A fantastic place in every respect, but special thanks to Andrés who took it upon himself to wrangle us two tickets to Calafate out of an uncooperative bus company, at last minute on a Saturday night, and after we had actually moved to another hostel (only because our plans changed and El Patagonico was full)! Couldn't recommend more highly.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for around 8 nights over four visits. The hostel is well located and extremely comfortable, with a brand new extension providing even more communal space. Andres and Monica were tremendously helpful and understanding throughout, and when we left for the final time, they sent us on our way with a nip of calafate liquor. Andres even helped us to fix a broken tent! Would recommend to anyone

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

With countless hostels to choose from in PN its easy to find a place to stay but its rare anywhere you travel to find a place where you feel at home. Owners Andres and Monica are wonderful and will bend over backwards to help out. If you are planning a trip to Torres Del Paine make sure to stay at Patagonico while in Puerto Natales!

P.S. Comfiest beds I have ever slept in at a hostel!! very nice after trekking for 5 days

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Absolute life savers. The owners are such lovely people. They helped out with local knowledge, gear rental and information about the torres. The hostel is warm, cosy, very clean and the beds are really comfortable. The perfect place to start out from and return to after trekking. Best hostel on my travels so far. Can't recommend it enough!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo