The Costaustralis is clean, comfortable, and in its public rooms at least, spacious. The staff are correct without greeting you like old buddies or going out of their way. The rooms are modest in size compared to what we had become used to in Chile; we had one with what was euphemistically called a city view, which is a novel way of referring to someone's back garden. The breakfast was very ordinary.
All of that sounds like straight-down-the-middle three stars, 'average' in the good sense (I've said elsewhere in my entries that there is no shame in being average). What lifts the Costaustralis is the public area. That area - the lounge, the bar - is light and spacious, tastefully decorated in a nicely banked-down way, and the view over Last Hope Sound, particularly in the morning or at sunset, is a thing of wonder. You can sit and watch the sun go down behind the snow-streaked peaks of Patagonia, tell yourself that you're almost at the end of the world, and wonder how it felt to be Magellan sailing through these parts five hundred years ago (all right, he wasn't precisely here, but near enough) and having not the first idea what was going to be round the next corner. He didn't have a gin and tonic in his hand and a bowl of complimentary nuts, poor sod, but you do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the fjord of Last Hope, Hotel Costaustralis stands out for its traditional building land marking the entrance of the city of Puerto Natales. Inside, it houses the history and traditions of the area with its warm, personalized service along with its sober and elegant decor accented by the great presence of local pieces. Hotel Costaustralis boasts 110 comfortable rooms designed to provide total relaxation. They face an incredible sea view with the Patagonian Mountain in the background as well as first class facilities like full set of pillows, standalone desktop, LCD TV, bathroom full equipped and free wifi. The Hotel also offers a high-level food service. The kitchen abounds with typical food of the region, where you can taste the delicious Magellan Crab in his restaurant or a typical Calafate Sour at the bar. The Hotel CostAustralis' experience lets you live the Patagonia from its roots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Costaustralis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Australis Puerto Natales
- Hotel Costaustralis Puerto Natales, Chile - Aisen Region