Aquaterra
Hotel Martin Gusinde(Puerto Natales)
US$98
Natalino Hotel Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
US$98
US$95
Hotel Costaustralis(Puerto Natales)
US$149
US$120
The Singular Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
Remota(Puerto Natales)
  • Breakfast included
Altiplanico Sur(Puerto Natales)
TripAdvisor
Weskar Patagonian Lodge(Puerto Natales)
  • Breakfast included
Bories House Hotel(Puerto Natales)
TripAdvisor
Hotel IF Patagonia(Puerto Natales)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsexcellent locationw trekstayed herethe buscentral locationtwo nightslounge areawould stay here againtorres del painebreadfree wifihamcomfortable bedslodgeluggagestationbackpack
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here in December 2011 on Christmas Day. The rooms are very cozy and clean also very comfortable. We also liked the common area which was very nicely done. The hotel is located in the main part of town so was close to restaurants, shops etc.
The front desk staff was the friendliest in our entire stay in Chile. They helped us with directions, figuring out food for our trip to Torres del Paine and stuff for our trip. But the really helpful part was when they mailed me some stuff I had forgotten in the room all the way to San Francisco. This was right after the forest fires in Chile. We had left just before they started and in the middle of all the mess they contacted me about the lost items and mailed them to me. The items were small but they were the only souveniers I had bought for myself in Chile so it was very nice to get them.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We spent two nights in Aquaterra, a hotel of very good taste, located very close to the center. Nice breakfast, clean rooms but small with no tv. Also squeaky floors in the corridors can be annoying as you can hear anybody walking anywhere. Although the claim to accept credit cards they did not want to take mine offering some bogus excuse and only when I told them that it is that or nothing they accepted it. For a 150$ a night that hotel was too expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed here recently during our trip to Puerto Natales. The rooms are small but cozy and clean. The breakfast is nice but no different to most of the other hotels in patagonia that offer breakfast. The price of $100 however was too high for our double room.
The evening staff was quite helpful and nice but our main problem was with the lady who I take to be the owner/manager, working during the day.
We had booked the room through an online website, where it was noted that this hotel accepts credit cards. We had based our cash budget on this claim.
We stayed at this hotel on 2 different occasions during our trip and on both occasions we were told that they couldn't accept credit cards because the machine was broken. She claimed not to have a manual credit imprinter either. Unfortunately I don't believe this.
Requesting cash for hotels is no big deal around South America but whenever this is done, the price is lower than that suggested on credit card. This lady charged the claimed credit card amount of $100 in cash on both occasions (the credit card machine was not fixed in between our 2 visits).
All this was on the background of booking a third night at this hotel through one of the hotel websites only to hear that the room that we thought we had booked was not available. Apparently Aquaterra had overbooked (I guess to keep full occupancy) their rooms. Luckily the hotel website organized another room for us in a much nicer hotel for the same price.
Although it would be unfair to say this is a bad hotel but I feel the dishonesty of the owner is enough for me not to recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oostakas
Aquaterra_12, Propietario at Aquaterra, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

For our part:
We have been impressed as a hotel by reading the opinion held by Mr. Oostakas.
We recognize the hotel have real problems with our credit card service for charges in dollars. As the real culprit in this situation the company Transbank Chile, which has not given us a solution so far. Daily claims are made by us, so that the account is activated.
Unfortunately, everything is centralized in Santiago and Chile's peripheral cities are helpless against this situation. We are not the only ones with this problem in Puerto Natales and through this communication we apologize to our guests for this situation so uncomfortable and look forward to a prompt solution.
Mr. Oostakas, please retract your comments, that hurts us enormously.
We were honest, and the problems with credit card are real, and not being abled to do payment in dollars, not may use a manual machine.

Aquaterra Lodge

Reviewed 11 January 2010

The people that run the place were fabulous! Very friendly (a pisco sour upon checkin and some help with clothes washing), good food, and let us store our stuff. It felt very cozy.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Todd_Duke
Reviewed 29 January 2009

Okay, so this place is cute and the women that work at the reception desk are WONDERFUL and very helpful. However, we paid $140/night for our room and I must say the room itself was certainly not worth the price tag. Here are a few of the issues you'll encounter:

1. The room is incredibly small and plain. We got a double twin and it was really just the two beds and a small nightstand...no decorations, no TV and not even a real dresser to put any clothes in!

2. The walls are VERY thin. I mean...my friend and I seriously could not sleep because the man next door to us was snoring so loudly.

3. No TVs in rooms and no computer to access the internet in the hotel.

Before staying here, we were at Casa Cecilia ($50USD/night) and the rooms there were much bigger and had TVs and internet. The thin walls were a real pain because so many people get up super early to go on excursions. The women who worked here were wonderful, but I'm sorry - I really wouldn't recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank DCsalsera