...so Remota can be an excellent hotel.
cons: we never saw the manager. We only saw the assistant manager when we
arrived (just showed us our room, had to find pool...on our own) and when we
At the reception the employees' English was either poor or non existant.
One morning I left the key in my room. At the reception I was told I had to wait 30 minutes. Fortunately my guide was here. He called someone, found a second key and in five minutes I was back in my room
The lighting above the bathroom sink is very poor and the soap is tiny.
Breakfast is supposed to be served one hour before you depart for your excursion. If you leave around 9:30 it is too late.
Pro: We had the same guide, Pedro, during our five days stay. The excursions
(three hikes, one day tour of Torres del Paine, a boat tour) were well organized
and the explanations interesting. We had two very good picnic lunches.
Miguel, the restaurant manager took good care of us. He explained all the options of food and drinks. Meals were good.
Nice location and view from our bedroom.
Liked the architecture of the building. Very original!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Puerto Natales, Chile - Aisen Region
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales