Our trip to this hotel did not have auspicious beginnings with a mix-up over our booking, but a sign of a good hotel is how they act to problems, and the staff at Remota rose to the challenge making us at once feel very welcome and being very attentive.
The staff at Remota are one of the hotels best assets. They go out of their way to treat you as an individual/couple and not just a room number. They are always attentive andtry to anticipate your needs - an example being the pool attendant who rushes out to uncover the hot tubs and serve you 'champagne' whatever the conditions.
The main reason for going to this area of the world are the excursions. Remota basically let you choose your itinery from a menu of suggestions. We did a full day tour of Torres del Paine with one other person and then two half day tours and a full day hike in which we were the only guests (although probably helped by the fact they were not full). The tours were always well organised with a great tour guide.
Food was excellent too, both in the restaurant and on hikes (the Caesar salad as a picnic item was something which needs to be seen to be believed. As an example of their service, the guide (without our prior knowledge) also carried a bottle of red wine with him (we felt a bit guilty when we did not drink any - but not our normal drink of choice on a hike).
If there is an criticism it is the rooms are a bit spartan, although there is plenty of public area to use instead.
In addition, it is outside the park. This allows for other trips (for instance we did a great half day horse trekking with no experience at all) and a better overview of the area. However, if you just want to hit the main hiking trails in the park it is perhaps not the best bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Puerto Natales, Chile - Aisen Region
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales