“Patagonia Experience with Remota”
Review of Remota

Remota
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Natales
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Not only is Remota in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the hotel feels like you have been invited to stay at a friends house( a rich friends house :)) The hotel makes you feel like the guest of honor. They treat you with warmness and they pay attention to every detail.
The rooms are so lovely and simple, you forget its a hotel room....its te kind of room you wish you had back at home.
The restaurant is just amazing. Every plate couldnt´have been better. The attention is wonderful and eveytime you go back to eat....you look forward to hearing whats on the menu for the day.
The excursions were guided by the best guides you could ask for.
A stay in Remota is everything you hope for plus a few surprises!

Wishing to go back already!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amity T

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Remota is not just a beautiful eco resort with all inclusive excursions and delicious meals and friendly knowledgeable guides but see it as an EXPERIENCE! An experience to remember. Remota is outside Torres Del Paine National Park which gave us the opportunity to explore the 3 caves walk and horse riding. It is also walking distance to Puerto Natales for shopping. Of course the National Park is close enough to explore and walk and Remota offer tours to the park with very knowledgeable guides.

Room Tip: All rooms look out to stunning views. Have camera ready for that amazing sunset seen from your room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It's already about 6 years (?) ago that my husband and I stayed at the hotel, but it still brings back the best memories. The hallways are due to the construction and "emptiness" of the building, quite noisy, but even that fits. Everything is just the way it should be. And so many things to do. The staff is great and will advice you in every way. We did a 3 hrs horseback ride through the Andes, in the meantime gathering some sheep and bringing them back to their farm! What a great experience. If you like "remote" and pureness you'll love too. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at Remota hotel in June on business (we were part of a large production crew shooting a fashion catalogue within Patagonia's national parks and also the hotel grounds). The Remota management and staff made our stay really easy and comfortable. After 36 hours of travelling from London we checked in very late at night and Marisa was waiting up for us, ready to get us tired and weary people all to bed as quickly as possible.
The beds are so comfortable and the rooms are so warm, you can open the windows and adjust the temperature though if it gets too much! Showers are powerful and baths are nice and deep.
In the morning the skies were still dark with the sun rising from 8.45am, the sunrise views through the hallways of Remota were spectacular and the views from all directions of the building are really some special, especially when you have just come from a concrete jungle like we had.
We didn't properly venture into the local town of Natales so I can't say what the local cuisine and entertainment were like. But if you are looking for luxury and comfort in this region of Chile you will find it at Remota. Because we stayed at Remota at the start of winter there were not many other guests staying at all so we had most of the hotel to ourselves.
The menu featured proper hearty and comforting meals of meat/fish and potatoes, there isn't much choice in the way of fresh vegetables but due to the season and location of Remota it is not possible to have a huge varitety of veg. Breakfast was the same each day and consists of a wide range of continental choices. You can order eggs on demand. I wasn't that keen on the local coffee so if you are a coffee lover you might feel the same and switch to tea, they had plenty of English Breakfast to keep me happy.
Thanks again to Marisa, Micky and the staff for looking after us!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank missy_tinkerbell
RemotaHotel, Director of Sales at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Hello Missy,

Its nice to hear that you could enjoy Patagonia during Winter and also enjoyed your stay with us.
We will immediately speak with our Food & Beverage department and let them know about the coffee.
At Remota we always want to overmatch our service and we appreciate your honesty.
Have a great week and all the best for you and your family.
We look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We had some doubts about visiting Patagonia in the Winter but when we got there realised that we couldnt have chosen a better time. It was cold and windy but that made the stunning landscape even more dramatic and meant that we had some of the best locations to ourselves.

What really made the holiday extra special though was Remota itself. It couldnt have been more perfect. The service was supberb, the staff warm and friendly, the food was amazing. Our driver was impressive on snowy roads and our guide tailored our trips for us and was fun and knowledgeable. Even when we went out for day trips they managed to conjure up the most brilliant surprises in great settings. Thanks to everyone at Remota - absolutely perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank billydog_10
LaGerencia, Guest Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear friend,
As we could notice, your concerns about visiting Patagonia in winter are completely cleared. That`s one of the reasons Remota opens all year, because the beauty of Patagonia can be appreciated at any time of the calendar.
Obviously, staying in Remota makes the experience so much better.
Thanks for your warm words to our chef and all our staff.
Now you know there is a place for you at the end of the world.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have never been happier with a hotel experience than I was with Remota, and I have had many great hotel experiences around the world.

The place is beautiful. The design is somehow soul-nourishing. The public spaces are so comfortable, so wonderful to be in, and with views of fjord and mountains that all combine to make Remota itself worth the trip from New York to Puerto Natales. Even better, the rooms, with their soaring ceilings and rough-hewn local woods, accomplish this stunning combination of wilderness with high design and five-star comfort. Large, well-appointed bathrooms with character complete the picture.

We ate breakfast here four days, and can report that the pastries, breads, and jams are very nice...some were beyond very nice into the spectacular range. Each day included eggs, which were far more flavorful than I'm used to at home. Dinner one night was very good but not the high point of the stay.

One of the high points, though, was Miggy, who was our waiter for each of the four days we were at the hotel. Poor guy was there at breakfast and dinner...but always friendly and ridiculously in tune with any wants and needs. He even anticipated needs, finding ways to make the day that much more pleasant. For example, one day when I'd moved from breakfast to one of the common areas to do some work he suddenly appeared, unprompted, with a cup of coffee. He is a true professional. He knows how to acclimate himself to particular customers' styles and deliver exactly the type of service each will find to be perfect for him or herself. At least that's what I think I observed and it was certainly true in our case. We loved him, and Miggy is part of what made Remota a great experience.

We found other staff members to be absolutely wonderful as well. I've forgotten the name of the woman who patiently went over routes for sight seeing and trekking with us and who also helped us figure out the travel plan for when we would leave Remota to go to our next destination.

The dipping pool is nice, too. It's large enough to do a few laps or just relax in the warm water after a day on the trails or on one of Remota's photo safaris.

And, of course, the location is one of the most beautiful places in the world. While the nearby town of Puerto Natales isn't beautiful, it does offer beautiful baked goods. There is a downtown bakery that turns out stunningly delicious pastries and breads! It's called Panchita's. It's a small store front, not a fancy place oriented toward tourists. Their empanadas are great as is their pan de dulce. We sampled other things, including a cream-filled pastry, that we loved.

But you don't come here for the town. So pick up some empanadas and head to the mountains and the fjords. They're even more beautiful than you hope they'll be. We had a rental car, which we'd highly recommend to anyone going to this area. The ability to choose destinations, stop for as long or as short a time as you want, and go at your own pace is really nice.

This is one of the best hotels in the world in one of the most beautiful places in the world. Go!

PS -- Lots of guide books warn against going here in winter. Maybe it was just because this winter was unusually mild, but I'm very glad I did not listen to those warnings. It was an excellent time to be in Patagonia. Perfect, really.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
LaGerencia, Guest Relations Manager at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear friend,
We feel really happy that you enjoyed your trip so much as you tell us. New York is far far away from Patagonia, but as you could see, it worth it.
In Remota we feel proud of our hotel when we read comments as yours because that's the idea: have an unforgettable experience in the most beautiful environment.
Thanks for the praises to our food and service, we do reall efforts to make it the most perfect possible.
Now, you know there is a place for you at Patagonia.
We will be expecting you!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

My 15yr old son and I recently travelled for a 10 day trip of Chili from OZ organized by Chimu Adventures. I must say Chimu are highly recommended (well organised & every transfer/hotel/tour was amaze plus from previous experience the cheapest by far). We stayed at this awesome hotel for 3 days. We arrived as dusk hit Puerto Natales and I must admit driving up a long driveway with a big sign with "Remota" blowing in the wind had me thinking of "The Bates" hotel in the movie "Psycho" but how wrong I was! On arrival your greeted with an amazing warm cosy sanctuary with these gorgeous friendly staff members. We settled in then met with our Tour guide to discuss our options for the next 3 days. I loved that it was well organised so we knew what we were doing & when plus they worked out the tours around us (we were still majorly jet lagged so could not face a early rise) which was not a problem yay lol. The rest of this post I will break down for a quicker read

Food-Breakfast-amaze little plates with pastries, breads, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, fresh juice & eggs...amaze!! Rest of meals pretty much 4 course...starters, entree, main & desserts with a couple of choices for each & I loved that the food was catered with a local vibe eg:Rabbit stew, crab, steaks, carpaccio of native Llama a few of the choices I had...wines paired with each dish if you choose....not really what a 15yr likes but hey he survived!!

Tours...we did Torres de Plaines & glacier day view (2-3hr drive) with an amazing picnic barbecue cooked with breathtaking views...absolutely loved it!! Next day Horse riding with a goucho while it was snowing & hot choccos with snacks was so unforgettable...my son loved this!! Last day a tour of the caves & the town of Puerto which was quaint & I loved the vibe of the fishing community....overall amazing tours!!

Staff...some of the nicest & most knowledgeable people of the history of the surrounding areas. Big props to Carlos our driver he was just so gorgeous, humble & helpful (I hugged him when I left & almost cried) I'm a dork I know lol...Claudia was our guide to TP and I loved her knowledge of the area and SA in general...i loved her enthusiasm & love for travel..lastly Pedro our guide on the rest of the tours...he was very passionate about the land which I loved...I felt I learnt a lot from him and was proud to come home with the newfound knowledge that the "earth was approximately 450 million years old" which I never knew (I'm a bit of a heels & shopping girl but he made learning not boring). Plus the wait staff in the restaurant where just so amazing spot on for even SA standards which is pretty high when it comes to service.

Rooms...amazing comfy beds, pillows & warm & cosy. Loved the bath especially my son who was so jet lagged he'd be having hot baths at 3am lol.

Overall best stay at one of the best hotels I've stayed at in all of SA...hope to take my husband back one day & that's saying something because I hate being cold!! Lol

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rugbybee222
RemotaPatagonia, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Remota, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

It seems like you really enjoyed the Remota experience. Thanks for your nice words to our staff, but we obtain this result if guests are not so enthusiast as you and your son.
We enjoy very much when a guest speaks the way you did about our gastronomy and anything related to Remota.
Thanks for living the Remota experience and you know that you have a home waiting for you in the chilean Patagonia.