Stayed at Remota for the first time and had a great experience. The hotel really takes care of all the logistics so you can focus on just showing up for your adventures and making the best of them! Pros: knowledgeable guides (especially warm and friendly Claudia) and friendly and warm service in the restaurant and spa. The tours are all interesting though some demand a high degree of fitness so please be prepared. The pool and jacuzzi area are incredible especially when they bring you a glass of champagne as you lay in the hot tub!! Room for improvement: meals in general aside from breakfast. The hotel could do much better if it offered more alternative even in the way of simpler dishes such as pastas or sandwiches. Rabbit and crab are hardly easy choices and these were the alternatives on several days. If you are a coffee lover, bring your own because you will be disappointed. Another suggestion would be to have a few more books in the upstairs 'library' so guests can benefit from this during their down time and to have a few basic medication such as throat lozenges on hand. Being on such a remote area makes it hard for customers to go find this on their own. Overall, the experience was great and we loved our holiday in Patagonia but I think a few tweaks would make the whole package even better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Puerto Natales, Chile - Aisen Region
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales