Hotel Remota was the last place we stayed during a trip to Chile that involved six different hotels. All were excellent but Remota really stood out in terms of the room design and quality of the food and restaurant service. From the outside, it looks kind of funky and inside it's also a bit strange for a modern hotel. The rooms are even kind of odd-looking at first, but once we noticed that there was more than enough shelf space to spread out all our stuff (even in the bathroom) and more than enough hangers to hang up all our clothes, the room didn't seem so weird after all. This was the only hotel where that was true out of some very high-end ones we stayed at during this trip.
During our trip we had some fantastic meals, but I think Remota outdid everyone else. As a vegetarian, I often end up with just a plate of vegetables, but the Remota staff always came up with excellent, interesting meals for me. Service was excellent. Our waiter Miguel (Mickey) went way above and beyond the call of duty in serving our group, even when he also had to take care of an even larger group at the same time. One evening several of us were in the lobby working on our computers shortly before dinner when Mickey brought down appetizers for us without even being asked. He even remembered I was vegetarian and pointed out the ones with no meat or fish. Another evening several members of our group asked for the vegetarian meal after they found out what I was going to get, but Mickey said he thought the chef had made only enough for me. However, when the food came out he was able to provide the vegetarian meal for everyone who wanted it. Really fantastic.
We didn't take advantage of the Remota's activities because we had our own guide, bus, and driver, but from what we saw they had a lot of interesting activities that covered a wide range of interests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Remota is one of the most celebrated and awarded Hotels in Chile, where the National Architecture Prize Awarded, German Del Sol, achieved the most breathtaking views of the fjord and glaciers.Normal things like breakfast,is an unforgettable experience.Luminous and inserted in Patagonia's landscape, without any modification, with the best infrastructure, totally different from a classic hotel that impresses visitors and leaves a lasting memory.Remota is more than just a hotel, it allows travellers to have a unique total Patagonia Experience.Remota is an ecological and sustainable hotel, built with high quality materials, almost no motors, no elevators,no television or internet in the rooms, very light, almost transparent, natural ventilation and highly efficient energy use.We support local communities and are strongly linked to social and cultural organisations as well.Remota is a selected property of the prestigious Virtuoso luxury travel network (only 5 operations in Chile) and was choosen by Orvis as an International Endorsed Destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Remota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Remota Puerto Natales, Chile - Aisen Region
- Remota Hotel Puerto Natales