“We loved the Remota hotel”
Review of Remota

Remota
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Natales
Biarritz
“We loved the Remota hotel”
Reviewed 7 November 2009

We stayed 4 days at Remota in february 2009. Was our first time in this hotel, but we know the area pretty good (several trips here over the last years). Hotel's services were excellent, design is nice, as well as food. Surroundings are beautiful and wild. Many excursions to do, but get ready to spend some money. It deserves it !

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brunodelavega

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
SF, CA
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Many reviews have captured the wonderful service & architecture so I will try to add some other info on this great hotel.

The hotel is owned by two brothers who don't own other hotels - their passion is this hotel and it shows. The woman they selected to "host" or run the hotel is warm, friendly and is clearly one with the hotel and the friends it brings her.

We also stayed at Explora which was the polar opposite of Remota. If you are planning a trip and going broke by your desire to stay at Explora, skip it. Spend the whole time here and just bus into the park.

Remota is modern (ie updated), they care about your business and therefore work hard for it and the food is fantastic. They also attract crowds that aren't just retirees - we are in our mid 30s and saw other couples our age there; we also saw a couple of adventurous families.

Also, be sure to take the tour of the hotel - you can learn a lot about the architecture & philosophy of the hotel. SO NEAT!

Could not have asked for more from Remota! I doubt I will ever get back to Patagonia, but I dream about this hotel!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shalgal
Heredia
Reviewed 21 September 2009

In short, THIS PLACE IS AMAZING!!..everything, from the service of the staff, to the hotel itself, make us, me and my friends, wanted to come back as soon as possible. To be honest, you get WAY MORE than what you pay for!, It wort every penny, and more!, I do recommend this place, it is magical!, besides, although I went there with my friends, I can picture my honeymoon here, is so god dam romantic!

Greetings to all the staff of Hotel Remote. Guys, YOU ROCK!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dorsay01
texas
Reviewed 20 August 2009

My wife and I stayed at Remota for a week. During this time we did most of the excursions offered plus some that were specially designed by the staff just for us that fit our interests. The hotel was magnificent and had stunning views of the mountains and water. The national park was an hour or so by hotel van depending on how deep in you traveled. In a week, we felt we had a good overview of the entire park as well as surrounding areas of puerto natales (fun town, good beer). The advanced hikes, the horseback riding, and the kayaking was well suited for even the most adventursome traveler but not an extremist. The staff made our stay great, if it weren't for the hotel guides, our stay would not have been the same.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmillak
santa clara, ca
Reviewed 19 June 2009

This place would have gotten 5 stars if not for the terrible welcome we had. We booked a real awesome deal on tablethotels.com for $200/night (usually 450+) and showed up early at the hotel at 11am. We were informed that the entire hotel was booked by a tour group and asked to LEAVE the premises. Seriously, who does that?? We took a coooollddd walk back into town (a ride would've been nice) and had lunch. When we returned I made it very clear how upset I was about the situation. In all my years of travel, no hotel has ever turned a paying guest away. They tried very hard to make it up to us. The entire hotel stayed open just for the two of us. We were given free food and a fabulous breakfast.

The rooms are immaculate and the infinity pool (which is a walk away) it just fabulous. It is about a 15 min cold walk into town but hey, it's remota right?

So all in all awesome stay we had and great value with tablethotels.com

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jchen811
dallas
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My husband would hike and camp throughout the region if he could but compromised with me and stayed at Remota so that I could have a comfy bed and a hot shower every night. We enjoyed our stay at Remota and would recommend it to family and friends.

Pros:
1. The staff was excellent. The excursions were fantastic and the guides appeared to take a personal interest in our likes and dislikes. We were there for a week and they made sure that we had a thorough sampling of what the area had to offer. The river kayaking was by the best - if you go, you have to do this excursion.

2. The rooms were comfy and immaculately clean. The bathroom was clean and accomodating and I enjoyed a hot soak in the tub every night with a cozy bath robe to follow. The bed was comfortable - no complaints.

3. The location was great in that we could walk to town or take a quick taxi ride. We went into town most nights to eat because the hotel food was a little boring. The Living Room and the Pizza Place on the corner were our favorites. There is also a little spa in town that I wanted to try but didn't have time. The hotel staff will direct you to all of these things if you ask. Some girls on our trip had a massage at the hotel but weren't that impressed.

4. The pool room and hot tub were great with an attendent providing champagne.

Cons:
1. The food at dinner was a repetitive and not worth the hotel price. My husband had no complaints but I'm a bit of a pickier eater. The breakfast and lunches were great.

2. I'm a t.v. person and would have liked a t.v. in the room. I get that it is supposed to be a quiet, relaxing vacation but one wouldn't have to turn the t.v. on if they didn't want to. At the very least, I would recommend that the hotel re-do the "t.v. room". It's located upstairs and is not conducive to viewing, maybe the computers could be moved to this area as well.

This truly was a wonderful trip to a beautiful region of Chile and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cdom
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 February 2009

My friend and I spent 4 nights at the hotel. Initially, I was put off that it was so close to town, but in the end that was actually a good thing since we could take hotel bikes into town.
Pros: The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious. The kitchen staff is very friendly and will be accommodating if you ASK for something. Don't expect them to take hints. They run the excursions even if only a couple people are interested that day. They pick you up from the airport (fly into Puerto Natales - NOT Punta Arenas if possible - you can do that by flying Sky Airlines and buying that ticket in the Santiago airport. It's also $350 cheaper than flying LAN).
Cons: I agree with another reviewer that the manager comes off as phony. She is helpful, but you just get the feeling that her assistance is not from a sincere desire for your trip to be good. I also agree that for the $800-$1000 a night price, there should be tvs in the bedrooms. You're done with dinner, out in the middle of nowhere, the hotel is empty...it'd be nice to have something to occupy the time before bed.
Some of the guides were nice and seemed sincerely motivated to help. But, some were condescending. Like if you did not subscribe to their granola ways, you were somehow less "cool" than them. My friend and I went on what was descirbed as a "walk" that was actually a 7 hour hike. There were no other guests on that excursion with us. When it became obvious that I was having a hard time keeping up and that my shoes were killing me, the guide made no effort to abbreviate the difficult hike. The result was that I was injured to the point that I spent the rest of my vacation hobbling around. I didn't really appreciate that. All the guides also seemed to have picked up the same stock phrases when asked about issues related to the National Park. In response to global warming, they all say, "yes, but climate change is a natural process." Um, not natural when it's man accelerating it. The food was less than impressive for the price of the hotel AND the wine was ghetto.
There is a new hotel in the town that is supposed to be lovely called Indigo. It may be worth checking that out before Remota.

Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends