“Small rooms, not very helpful”

Noi Indigo Patagonia
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Natales
Arlington, VA
“Small rooms, not very helpful”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Hotel is nice, but rooms are VERY small. Comfortable and clean - but not meant for 2 unrelated people to share a room. Hotel staff was not helpful at all when trying to arrange tours. They actually gave us false information when we asked them to arrange a glacier tour.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JBSinVA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Viersen, Germany
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Nice style, but rooms are too small and noisy (no storage or closet), with a comfortable bed, though.
Spa:
Excellent massages! But: 2 of 3 Jacuzzis not usable the 3rd was dirty. Sauna was not heated.
Reception: Friendly but not able to organise a rental car and a guided tour we asked for. Called finally ourselves the companies.
Good breakfast and food and nice staff in "Mama Rosas" Restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The travel agent raved about this place. We were 2 adults and a 5-year old in the room. Yeah, it's cute and rustic with lots of wood and wierd angles not to mention the 3, yes 3, jacuzzis on the roof.
And my daughter loved the 3 chair-swings hanging from the ceiling in front of our room not to mention the mini-waterfall next to the stairs, but as far as a hotel for travelers, puh-lease. The room was not just small, it was cramped with no storage and virtually no privacy in the shower! And the hotel is populated with well-meaning but incompetent little girls in their 20s who aren't trained to service hotel guests. There were 2 computers that were barely working they were so slow and the "front desk" could not accomodate the simplest requests that even 1-star hotels could easily handle. This place is definitely not worth the $300++ we paid per night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mark v
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I have to imagine this is the best boutique style hotel in PN. Living in NYC I can honestly say this place would fit in here, which is quite a feat for a somewhat remotely located hotel.
First of all the design is very welcoming with a nice modern edge and felt very fresh and new (I think it is new but not sure...)

Room: The room was well thought our and the views were great. Now I understand that not all rooms are equal and I'm sure we got one of the better ones, because the square meterage of the rooms is on the doors. We also had a corner room on the top floor so the windows faced the lake and the street. The bed was very comfortable and the bath/shower were equally well designed. It is somewhat in the room in the case where privacy is an issue, I suppose that could be problematic.

Spa: My wife had a massage after our 20k hike to the base of the towers and she said it was one of the best ever. She's had many all over the world so that's quite impressive. The spa itself looked quite nice we went up for a quick hot-tub, but it was a bit windy and not that appealing. Weather permitting that's probably a great time.

Restaurant: Mama Rosa was one of my best dining experiences in all of Chile. Service was great (which was an issue, and I was told Chilean service is generally quite lax, especially for an american's sensibilities) The food was fresh and tasty, and the portions were really nice. This place is also clearly a bit of a hang-out and the ambiance is great.

Tour: we used the hotel to plan a 1-day hiking tour. It was a great experience we had a private car and a private guide who was very professional and clearly knew all people in the park. I will say however it was probably quite expensive relative to other companies. At $500 (250pp) I don't feel like it wasn't well deserved but I'm sure you can get a better price somewhere else. Feels like the hotel is taking a cut potentially, and historically the hotel either arranges this without padding the rate or gets a cut out of the operators price. No matter how you look at it, I'm sure it's expensive and I'm also sure some people would be flabbergasted that I even paid that amount. Either was was happy after to that's all that matters.

All-in-all I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else when visiting this area of the world, unless you are super hard-core and decide to stay at Explora or Las Torres.

Note: On my way into PN I could see Remota and the Singular. I did not stay at them but my 2 cents - looked like Singular had a much nicer location. They are both really close to town so not remote at all, which is both good and bad depending on what you are looking for.

3 Thank WBS78
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 17 January 2012

As I walked through the town en route from the bus station, I passed many average-looking hotels and hostlerias, so I had an idea in my mind what Indigo would be like. When I turned the corner, I was pleasantly surprised by the amazing building that stood before me!

The attention to detail is second-to-none in this impressive spot, from the staff to the decor. Find yourself with some extra time? Locate the reading nook complete with hammock-like swinging chairs. Bring the free bottle of artisanal water the hotel provides you and pass the hours reading or relaxing.

The top-floor spa is amazing. The guests have 3 pools to choose from, all outdoors and all heated. Overlook the water, the city, or just relax in this oasis.

The rooms are ingeniously designed, utilizing space in a creative and cool way. Our room was small, but the use of space was impressive so much so that we didn't pay attention to the size of the room but rather how brilliantly it was designed.

With little extras like free wi-fi and breakfast, this is the best place to stay in Puerto Natales.

1 Thank TUGymnast
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I spent quite a few days at this hotel and I have to say that I really enjoyed my time here. The hotel is really nice and has a great roof top spa and awesome views. This could be a really romantic place to stay, unfortunately the amount of kids running around screaming really spoiled it. The hotel has terrible acoustics where you can hear everything, but the rooms are really comfortable and tasteful. Love the restaurant area, great place to sit and have a drink. Beautiful hotel and the staff is pretty nice too. Expensive for the region but lovely.

1 Thank diddleydd
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The service is great, Fran is the manager from the restaurant, really good attention to detail, when she heards about our first year married anniversary she sent us a beatutiful cake in the restaurant, and when we got to the room, wine with two glasses...barwoman is really cool, the manager of the hotel, the people from reception...all fantastic

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple