We decided to see what staying in a hostal would be like, we usually stay in hotels.
We stayed here the first week in September for two nights. Being off season, the hostal was totally empty so it was very quiet and peaceful. I think we were the first guests of the spring season.
We stayed on the second floor in Room 5, with a nice view of the mountains and the bay. The room was very small, but very light/sunny because of the large windows on two sides. The queen size bed was very comfortable. The room was a bit chilly because it was still winter, but a thick comforter provided a good nights sleep. The ensuite bathroom had a tub/shower combo, lots of hot water, and very clean. There was a problem with the hot water faucets running, both needed washers, and the sink had to be turned off at the shut offs by the floor. The hostal did not provide shampo or a hair dryer(we did not ask for either so we don't know if it was just an over site, or they just don't provide them). There are no TVs which was fine. They have a small library in the common area.
They provide a basic but adequate breakfast, toast, butter, cereal and milk, hot water, tea bags and coffee powder, ham, cheese and scrambled eggs. No juice or fruit. One day we had apple sauce, the next day we had yogurt.
They have two computers for guests to use and free wifi.
The common area is very comfortable. In general the hostal is well kept and clean. The coffee shop was not yet open for the season.
The best thing about the hostal is the owner Paula. She went out of her way to help us with our bus tickets twice. The second time was because Chile changed to daylight savings time, and no one told us, so we missed the bus.
The hostal is well located near all the shopping and restuarants in town.
I would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hostel was created over time by our family, is characterized by the family atmosphere and the effort we put every day to our guests to have a pleasant experience in Patagonia, the idea is that in Amerindian can find everything you need , we have a cafe with sweet and savory c shop with domestic products, car and all the information you need to know the Chilean patagonia and Argentina. We want to be your friends on their journey and Amerindian give everything that we need to have the best experiences of their lives. Hi and see you soon...Paula - monica - sebastian - patricio ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hostal Amerindia Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Amerindia Patagonia Hotel Puerto Natales
- Hostal Amerindia Patagonia Puerto Natales, Chile - Aisen Region