“Quirky little restaurant with great food and the best pisco sours”
Review of La Marmita

La Marmita
Ranked #5 of 175 Restaurants in Punta Arenas
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Chilean, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Quirky little restaurant with great food and the best pisco sours”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Marmita was recommended by our hostal owner as his favourite and having eaten at a few other places in Punta Arenas I understand why. It's a very cosy and welcoming place with friendly professional staff and great food. The dishes are quite innovative for Chilean cuisine and include some wonderful seafood dishes and vegetarian options as well as meat dishes etc. The pisco sours were the best I've had so far. Gets a very big tick from me!

• Visited April 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Huntington, New York
“Didn't wow us but still good”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Maybe our expectations were too high based on all the reviews. We liked the place but it didn't wow either my girlfriend or myself. We liked the restaurant itself ( a funky type of look with a homey feel ). Best comparison I can give it looks wise is Jaques Imo's in New Orleans. Staff is nice and we got in without reservations. We had appetizers of ceviche and king crab. Ceviche was good. King crab was ok but for the price I wouldn't get it again. Min courses were some sort of lamb stew and the fish on the top right hand corner of the menu. Problem was they completely forgot the ceviche and brought out our main courses when we definitely wanted the ceviche first. After we got the ceviche and they brought out our main courses again the fish was pretty good. I thought the lamb was overcooked. Overall it was still a good place but if I were in Punta Arenas again for a day I'd probably try La Luna or Remezon

• Visited April 2012
Whitby, Canada
“Great vegetarian options”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This is a great find - I had read reveiws and was hoping the place would live up to expectations - far surpassed them - one of the best meals I have had in a long time - the waiter I had was a vegetarian too so that helped. My friends loved their non-veggie meals too. They even made my pisco sour vegetarian !!!

• Visited March 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly service, nice&cosy atmosphere, good food&cocktails”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Came recommended from our lovely Hotel Ilaia.
Charming little place with good food. Friendly waitress who didn't speak English but was very smiley and helpful.
Very nice Ceviche and King crab!
Good Pisco Sours.

Visited March 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Cute decor, fun menu”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Bright green restaurant in the heart of town - you can't miss it. The menu has options for seafood lovers, meat lovers and vegetarians, alike. In fact, the menu featured a whole page of vegetarian options. The restaurant offers a great drink menu, as well - margaritas, mojitos, caipirinhas, etc. The decor is funky and fun, inspired by world travels. Wait staff was friendly and attentive. Overall, a high recommendation.

• Visited February 2012