“Wonderful Small Hotel With a True Family Atmosphere Because of Their Caring & Sincere Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ilaia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Punta Arenas
Ilaia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Punta Arenas
Mobile,AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

My initial impressions of Ilaia came from the great reviews on TA and many e-mail communications with this hotel starting the latter part of 2011. My wife and I had planned to stay at Ilaia on either side of a planned trip to Torres del Paine National Park(TdPNP) in January,2012 but this trip needed to be cancelled because of the wildfires in TdPNP. Each and every one of the e-mails I received from numerous people at Ilaia were kind, understanding and supportive of why my wife & I opted to postpone our trip to TdPNP. I was impressed by the caring, courteous way in which I was communicated with despite not actually staying at Ilaia in that time frame.
My wife couldn't find a "window" to join me visiting TdPNP earlier this month but I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel based on the three nights I stayed here before heading up to TdPNP.
I made all my arrangements with Ilaia before my arrival in Punta Arenas via seamless e-mail communication. The driver that Ilaia had arranged to meet my LAN flight from Santiago was there when my plane arrived and was well worth the $10,000 CLP fee in my opinion. I opted to spend a little more for a "superior" room which was in wonderful condition with everything in good working order with a good deal of storage space. The bed was very comfortable and I experienced no problems with outside noise on any of the three nights I was there. As others have noted there was no bathtub but the shower area was spacious.
The common areas are large and inviting. I did not bring a laptop but there are two laptops on the second floor for guest usage at no additional charge that are in good working order but had the expected slow connectivity problems that weren't troublesome to me.
I'd make my strongest recommendation to spend some time on the third floor of this hotel in both the daytime & nighttime. It is a particularly inviting place to relax and the night sky is particularly impressive despite being in a city.
The people who work at Ilaia are sincere & caring people who make you feel as if you are part of their family. I'm not a "touchy-feely" type of person but the overt kindness and generosity of everyone I have interacted with at Ilaia by multiple e-mails before my visit and in person earlier this month was remarkable!

Room Tip: I opted for a "superior" room but all the rooms I saw were very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MobileResident
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Our hearts are full of love and gratitude .

Keep smiling ...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Thai first
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

A short walk from the main square, this newer hotel is spotlessly clean, with spacious rooms. Comfortable beds, great bathrooms. There are two lounges for relaxing on the main floor, as well as a rooftop lounge with views of Punta Arenas and the Straits of Magellan. Breakfast is delicious, with chapitas, guacamole, and jam along with fruit and yogurt. Tea is available all day long. Free wifi. The staff are welcoming, gracious, and helpful. They provide outstanding service!
Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank noaccidentaltourist
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
We feel love and gratitude for all and everything we have everyday.

Our best wishes for you...
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

If you are reading this you have already seen the size of the "excellent" vote for this little boutique hotel.

Is it 5 star hotel - not really - it is a very comfortable 4 star hotel with generous public areas and comfortable, without being luxurious rooms.

However, what makes this extraordinary is the service and customer focus. At Ilaia you feel as if you are the only guest and they go out of their way to make your stay special. Nothing was ever a problem, their warmth and their generosity was wonderful.

My regret, I wasn't staying longer.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Geddes_7
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
we feel in our hearts that we are part of the stars in the sky, giving and sharing love and joy to everybody who choose Ilaia to stay in.

Thank you and keep smiling ...
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed only for one night coming back to Torres del Paine and was great! Ilaia is a very nice hotel with nice rooms and amazing healthy breakfast. Very good for rest after amazing trekking in Torres de Paine.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thank you so much for your nice words .
May peace be in your hearts sincerely.
Wherever I May Roam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

The hotel is very nice - not fancy, but well-appointed, with nice bathrooms (BEST shower of my life - seriously!), very clean rooms, great beds, etc. I forgot to ask, but the hotel seems quite new. The beds and all sure seemed like it was...

The real value of this hotel is the staff. I lack the words. Truly terrific people. Warm, kind, welcoming, and friendly. They really are like a family and treat the guests the same.
We spoke Spanish with them, but they all speak at least some English. I could continue gushing about them, but I think I've covered how wonderful they are there.

We stayed there one night before heading to Torres Del Paine and decided to return early (after a horrible experience at Lodge Paine Grande in the park) and spent an extra day just relaxing and recuperating in the beautiful little terrace on the third floor, which has fantastic views of the city and a very relaxed vibe with the mellow music the hotel always plays in the background. They have laptops with WiFi if you're interested and are very helpful with directions around the city, etc.

Oh! Almost forgot! Excellent breakfast - by far best hotel breaksfast we had! - of home-made, wholewheat chipattis with fresh cheese and avocado, along with granola, yogurt, fruit and amazing fresh-squeezed OJ. Served by the ever-present and friendly staff.

Highly doubt there is a better place to stay in PA.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank blauzen
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Our hearts truly feel as much happy as they can, regarding to your kindness of sharing every detail of your experience here, at ILAIA, which doors were opened three years ago and everyday we kindly work in order to connect ourselves with our hearts as well as open ourselves to fraternity.

Good Life!!
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

My wife and I went to this hotel after finding the hotel that we reserve closed for work. Detail, no notice. So we had to find a quiet place and cozy. And we found! Ilaia Hotel.

Cozy hotel with excellent service. Environment harmonious, peaceful and interesting. Good rooms, a third floor room very cozy and beautiful. And a superb breakfast and delicious. Just one word: ZEN.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marcellus A
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Thank you. We are pleased to know that you achieved what you were looking for.

The Divine Plan is working... we just trust...
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Just got back from 2 weeks in Patagonia, beginning and ending with a stay at Hotel Ilaia. Everything about the place is relaxing and peaceful. The rooms are simple, clean, and well-decorated, and the communal spaces are comfortable and nicely designed. We spent an afternoon on the top floor, reading and gazing at the view. The breakfast was also great. As other posters have said, what makes the place truly special are the people, who are all so warm and welcoming that you feel like part of the family as soon as you step through the door.

Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs have better views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBC747
Liz H, Propietario at Ilaia Hotel, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
What can be better that knowing of this space through your marvelous comments, which have been done, according to what you had lived and felt while you were at ILAIA. THANKS !!

Let´s keep the joy for many miracles everyday...