Do not stay here if you do not speak Spanish. The hostel is managed by a Chilean woman who does not speak English at all. Betty does not live at the hostel.
We stayed in the separate building which has a double bed and a bunk bed. I slept in the lower bunk bed which is close to a gas wall heater. Both mornings we stayed there, I was very dizzy when I woke up to the point that I had to hold onto something to prevent myself from falling over. I am never dizzy when I wake up so I can only attribute the problem to my proximity tto the gas wall heater. My friend sleeping further away from the heater in the double bed did not have dizzinss problems. It seems there is a real need for safety inspections of facilities renting space to tourists. Old gas furnace units can leak carbon monoxide into the living spaces. At the very least there should be a carbon monoxide detector in the room with the gas heater.
Some minor issues - We were not served breakfast that others said they received. The beds were lumpy. Acces to a desktop computer is limited since it is in the main building where the managers live.
I believe you can find safer and better rooms elswhere in town for the same price.
The beds are lumpy. There is no ladd