Hotel Dreams del Estrecho
Tierra Del Fuego(Punta Arenas)
US$98
Apart Hotel Quillango(Punta Arenas)
US$100
Hotel Cabo de Hornos(Punta Arenas)
US$149
US$125
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Jose Nogueira(Punta Arenas)
US$217
US$106
Hotel Carpa Manzano(Punta Arenas)
US$95
  • Breakfast included
US$88
Hotel Rey Don Felipe(Punta Arenas)
US$117
TripAdvisor
Hostal Labarca(Punta Arenas)
TripAdvisor
1,032 results
All reviewssky bartop floorocean viewbeautiful poolfloor to ceiling windowssmall casinowell equipped gymmodern hotelshower doorbreakfast buffetchilliroom was largeantarctica cruisefront desk stafftorres del painein towncell phone
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel on the front and back end of our trip to Antarctica for a total of 3 nights.

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of the downtown area and plenty of restaurants.

There is a casino in the lower level of the hotel along with a convention or meeting room area on the 2nd and 3rd levels.

There is also some type of Skybar as well on the top level.

The fitness area in this hotel was also very superb.

I did have the unfortunate requirement to conduct some business while on this trip, the business center was subpar, the PC's didn't feel secure at all, though the WiFi provided in room and throughout the hotel was perfect.

Biggest complaint was that in the room we were staying we could hear the reception party from either a wedding or the casino late at night. Windows were closed and it sounded like these folks were right outside our window, we were 7 floors up!!!! The front desk did nothing about this, reading other reviews on other sites it seemed that this was a common complaint.

There is also a signature restaurant located at this hotel, forget the name, the food for dinner was great, the breakfast offerings...not so much. In fact, I don't think hotel staff wake up early here. We are early risers and would be there for breakfast as soon as they opened. There was one day when we couldn't locate a waiter for over 10 minutes. A member of my party literally walked all the way into the kitchen to get what he needed out of the refer and come back to our table. Amazing.

All that being said, if I were to go back to this city, I would probably feel pretty comfortable staying here. Felt very secure and safe, loved the location and the view.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Giovanni R
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Although my family and I did not stay overnight at this hotel, I want to tell the Tripadvisor community of an act of kindness that reflects very well on the management and staff of Hotel Dreams Punta Arenas. My family spent a couple weeks in December vacationing in Chile's Patagonia region. Halfway through the trip, my wife and I, while exploring Punta Arenas before boarding the Stella Australis cruise ship, relaxed for a while in the Hotel Dreams' cozy lobby to escape a sudden downpour and to have a last peek at email before the cruise. We later discovered that my wife had misplaced her iPhone, and we concluded it must have been lost somewhere in Punta Arenas. Weeks after our return to California, and long after we had given up the iPhone for lost (along with a lot of irreplaceable photos, among other things), I got a call out of the blue on my cell phone from "Fernando" from the hotel's reception staff, who told me he had found the phone, re-charged it, and despite its password protection, managed to connect it to a computer with iTunes. With considerable effort Fernando finally found a phone number, which turned out to be mine. Fernando said he and his manager, Hernan, figured we would want the phone back, which of course we certainly did.

Anyhow, over the next several days we arranged for an international courier service to pick up the iPhone from Fernando and return it to us; it arrived safe and sound a few days later.

Fernando and Hernan asked nothing for their efforts to find the phone's owner and to return it. Their actions reflect well on the Hotel Dreams and its management and their desire to care not only for guests, but for travelers seeking temporary shelter and a moment of peace.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dllarson
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was great to stay in. The rooms were large and had very comfortable beds. Food at the restaurant was good, wine was great. Had to switch rooms because the room facing the town let in so much sun in the afternoon that it was extremely hot in the room (and no AC, that's the only downside). The people at the front desk were wonderful and found me another room right away facing the water and it was much cooler.

Despite the language barrier, the staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Dreams Hotel is the nicest and most modern hotel in Punta Arenas. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. The room was very modern with a separate tub and shower plus the room overlooked the Strait of Magellan. The top floor is a large bar with sweeping views of the city on one side with the Strait of Magellan on the other side. Since, the bar serves food you can eat dinner while having drinks on the top floor.

Since, the hotel is located on the water you will experience the howl of the southern winds. It was an surreal experience listening to the wind know you are at the bottom of the earth.

A small restaurant district is about 2 blocks away while the main square is about 4 blocks away. Overall the city of PA is easy and feels safe to walk around (at least in the daylight).

They have an indoor swimming pool. However, it is more of a spa pool than a fun swimming pool to spend the day at.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with a view of the Strait of Magellan.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Savvy-TravelerUSA
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Please don't get frightened by the reviews. There's NOTHING wrong with this hotel at all.

The six of us stayed here for one night before being picked up and driven into Torres Del Paine (Patagonia), and we each had no problem with the hotel. In fact, we were very pleasantly surprised.

Dreams del Estrecho is a very modern, glass structure, and based upon the wealth of negative reviews, I assumed that I would find something quite different in the inside. Instead, it's just as nice inside as out.

The rooms are perfectly fine, and if you are given a room on the Straits side, you'll have floor to ceiling windows with an outstanding view. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms fine (nice, even), and the decor is modern.

The hotel is directly across from the best restaurants in Punta Arenas, and it's a short walk across the road, and a half block up the street to select one of a handful of find places, and in fact, they are are reasonably priced.

Punta Arenas has become a common cruise stop for ships visiting Antarctica, and that means that there are the usual touristy traps along the docks where cruise-goers can go and waste their money.

From what I understand, Punta Arenas also has a place to visit with penguins, but we didn't have enough time in town to go there. We arrived in the evening, checked in, had our dinner, spent a little time in the lobby casino (free for hotel guests), and then went to bed. We had a long day ahead of us in the morning.

I accidentally hit the wrong elevator button and went to the second floor, where they have a spa and what I hear is a beautiful pool, but I didn't do either. That said, there was activity on that floor, and based upon the rest of the hotel, I would guess it's just fine.

We enjoyed a drink on the top floor bar, and It was also fine.

Is it the best hotel I've ever gone to? Of course not. I'm a five star guy, but there's NOTHING wrong with this hotel.

If you're headed to Patagonia, and like ourselves, need a place to stay before being picked up by Explora or another organization, don't hesitate. The hotel is perfectly fine, and I'd recommend it.

Happy travels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Straits.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends