“Lovely Hospitality”

and 1 more site!
La Casa Escondida
Ranked #1 of 37 Punta Arenas B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Thank you Pamela and Louis, it was a great pleasure staying at La Casa Escondida.

The handbuilt log home and the property it sits on were beautiful, and rooms were warm, bright and comfortable, and the dinner that Louis prepared was delicious. However the best thing about our experience was that Pamela and Louis went the extra mile to make sure that we got off to a great start on our trip. Pamela picked us up from the airport (we were delayed in Santiago), organized tickets for the penguin trip to Isla Magdalena, and bus tickets to Puerto Natales. Then helped with last minute shopping (I lost an important bit of gear on the flight), driving us to pick up the tickets. They helped wake us up and Louis made us delicious scrambled eggs breakfast at the last minute at 6 am, and again dropped us off and picked us up for our Penguin excursion and the bus trip towards Torres Del Paine.

And all that in one day and night. I wish we could have stayed a bit longer, but it couldn't have been a better welcome.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Our flight was late, putting us past midnight. Nevertheless Mauricio from Casa Escondida was waiting with my name on a large paper. Then of course our baggage was lost. Not getting it took another hour. Mauricio patiently waited and then took us to Casa Escondida. He brought us back to the airport in the morning to retrieve our baggage. What could have been a disaster for the first day of a 3 week trekking vacation was averted! A little later Pamela was kind enough to allow us to join her on a trip to the grocery store. The hostel is located near the airport in a quiet forest. It is a unique wood building with a large living room where guests can share stories. The breakfast was great. I had hoped to return on our last day to have dinner. Unfortunately the bus schedule did not allow that. I would gladly return on my next trip.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The place is very clean and cozy, a very welcoming feeling. The hosts are wonderful and go extra mile to help us to track down our delayed luggage, to get us bus tickets to Puerto Natales and took us to the store to get food and camping fuel for our Torre De Plaine circuit. I highly recommend La Casa Escondida.

Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

I love this place. It seems my B&B's in Patagonia are all fantastic!

Luis and Pamela are the owners and they really put their heart into the place. The cabins are beautiful and clean, breakfast is the best I had in my three week trip (the salami Luis uses in the omelette is just tasty!)

Luis promptly picked me up at the airport with all smiles even at 10pm! A far cry from my hotel in Easter Island (see my review on Tupa Hotel). The place is set in a beautiful forest. It's not close to town but I've been there and there's nothing much. Your time is better spent enjoying nature and tranquility.

Wifi is great so are the shower and heating!

Nothing to fault at all!

Pire Mapu in Puerto Natales and La Casa Escondida in Punta Arenas is the Patagonia combo to beat! I wish I stayed longer in both places!

Great place and fantastic value! Not to mention superior service :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We really really enjoyed our stay at La Casa Escondida. The hosts are so kind and helpful! The breakfast is good. We also had a wonderful dinner that Luis cooked (una parilla!). We were there with our kids. They enjoyed the playground and the fresh air! They were feeling like home. The cabin was clean and we slept well.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I don't know what else I could add to the glowing reviews for La Casa Escondida and its warm, welcoming hosts. Form the moment Mauricio picked us up at the airport, tlll the moment Luis dropped us off, we enjoyed every moment of our stay. Between their senses of humour, willingness to help in any way they can, and relaxed, easy manner with their guests, Pamela and Luis bring out the best in everyone staying there. My husband, who as a rule does not enjoy B and B's, wants to go back and 'intern' with Luis, tease Pamela, keep Mauricio company in Terra Del Fuego, and have BBQ ever night! I wish I could give 10 stars. We loved this place and the people who run it! A big thanks to our friends Pamela, Luis, Mauricio and Edida (Pam and Mauricio's mom, probably not spelled correctly) for a wonderful beginning and end to our first visit to Punta Arenas. So glad to have shared the penguin experience with you and the boys!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

After 4 days stuck in San Pedro trying to pass the border (it was closed due to bad snow!) it was such a relief to find such a nice place like last casa Escondida! ...One of the owners Pamela collected us from the airport (just less than 10 minutes away). After staying in as good few dodgy places throughout South America it was such a comfort to have cosy beds, WARM power showers and a fire to sit around at night. Pamela cooked us a lovely dinner and even gave us some wine on arrival. The following day she went out if her way to drive us into the town even after we said we could get taxis. I would 100% recommend staying there if your in punta arenas..its more than we expected for the cost and Pamela was so helpful even with booking penguin tours etc. .....a BIG thumbs up!! :)

Room Tip: ...all the wooden cabins are fan it just depends on how many people you want in each.