Sunshine Holiday Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$118
US$133
US$129
US$89
US$80
Hanting Express Fuzhou Wuyi Square(Fuzhou)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$30
US$28
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel was a life saver, after I moved out of another hotel, thought room was a bit worn out, it's was at least clean. They served me a bowl of fruits every day in the room , which was very nice. Breakfast was a wide variety , but was more chinese a choice , but had a small selection of cerel and fruits. Staff was helpful .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I visited Sunshine Holiday Hotel during my business trip to Fuzhou. The entrance is big and spacious. The rooms are wide and clean but getting weared out. There is internet in the rooms. The bed was stiff which was healthy. I couldnot operate the TV since it was a bit complicated. Unfortunately the hotel staff doesnot know English so you have no ways of communication unless you have a Chinese friend or a translator with you. Therefore I avoided calling the maintenance person to fix the TV. Breakfast was of Chinese type which I didnot enjoy at all. Fruits were my savers. The price of 388 RMB was ok for this quality. The massage I had at the healthclub was also average. I rate the hotel as below mediocre.

Room Tip: Ask for a wide room since they have smaşll rooms as well.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Given this hotel is only 400 rmb for a room on elong we were pleased. We were on the business floor rom a bit small but clean, English tv options, once we worked out the instructions, computer supplied, also wifi, fruit etc and hot spring water for the bath. Even the western breakfast was ok though you need to get in well before ten as they start clearing a lot as it then turns into a snack Buffet.
Sedrin red label beer 580ml bottles available along the road to the left as you come out for 3.5 rmb.

Room Tip: If your room does smell of smoke ask for another.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Have you ever enter a hotel room and you first reaction was "Oh dear, I want to change hotel". The room on the 5th floor had a funny smell. The carpet was filthy, full of cigarette burns with lots of body hairs. The bathroom was smelly and the taps were loose.
After protesting I was moved to the 12th floor. The room was of a similar room-type and was a bit less dirty and the carpet has less stains but with cigarette smoke smell in the room. By that time we were exhausted after a long day and didn't want to change room again. We survived by opening the windows, turned on the exhaust fan in the bathroom and turn the room fan to maximum. Since we have to open the windows it was pretty noisy with traffic and loud music from nearby buildings. The bed was as hard as a cardboard.
The restaurant where we had breakfast was generally dirty with heavily stained carpets. The food was mediocre. The only food we dared to eat was boiled eggs and some congee, even the cereal was stale.
The biggest relief was when we checked out of the hotel we knew that we will never come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The experience was a bit disappointing: the staff doesn't speak English, so if you don't have a Chinese speaker with you it may be awful. I had an appartment, which I believe was the top of their accomodation. However, the rooms were a bit dirty (I found some peanuts on the carpet upon check-in) and had a funny smell so everytime i returned to room i sprayed some perfume. I had a computer in the room (which i didn't use because i had my own laptop), but i used their wifi which was quite good (there is also wired internet, but i didn't need it). there are some English channels, but the reception is quite poor. The AC system doesn't seem to make a difference and the windows didn't shut properly, so I woke up at 7 am due to firecrackers noises in the street (the room face the back of the hotel where apparently there is some firecracker shop or something as the noise continued throughout the day).
The breakfast on the 2nd floor offers poor variety for Westerns and again, the room smells funny.
The machines in the gym looked quite tired, but i couldn't use the treadmills because you needed some safety key that they didn't provide).
On the good side: a lot of amenities in the bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities and a tea set, plus complimentary fruit and yoghurt each evening. Also, there is a mall accross the small river in front of the hotel with a coffee shop, a dairy queen and from what i saw a steakhouse (didn't try this on, so don't know if it's really good or not).
Definitely a hotel for the Chinese, as a westerner I would say pick a chain hotel. It's safer.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business