“Centrally Located Decent Business Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen
Ranked #11 of 1,311 Hotels in Xiamen
Reviewed 31 August 2014

A decent hotel for business travellers, its a no frill, quiet, clean place for a few nights. There are no nice views. There are buildings and apartments all round. However the staff tried to do their best to maintain the standards expected of an IHG-Crowne Plaza hotel. Need more training. There is a luxury shopping arcade next door, and connected to the hotel. The prices though are not as fantastic as that at duty-free. Nice café, wine bar, European-style restaurants, starbucks. Was here for 2 N. I did not have any complaints generally. I can't say it is the best Crowne Plaza, but this is better than those in other Chinese cities. I had stayed at another Xiamen hotel that I had helped built near the lake side in the 90s, but I still prefer this. ATMs and banks are aplenty around the vicinity. The ground floor restaurant treated me well and even gave a discount. The western breakfast is a little oily. I cannot say Xiamen is a city for great sightseeing. For business purposes to zip in and out, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: In every part of Xiamen there is construction going on. I note buildings being built around Paragon...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen. We appreciate your comment and extend our sincere apology for your dissatisfaction. The problem in our service you referred has been reflected to relevant departments, and we believe you will see our improvement on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Good things:
Nice bar, decent fitness center (less than the five star Asian standard buy waaaay better than most Americans), convenient to airport and businesses nearby. ATM in lobby. Breakfast was exceptionally varied.

Less good things:
All of the pillows were too soft, hallways a bit dingy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2015

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great hotel and always a great stay. Nice restaurants on or near the property, even a Baskin Robbins and Starbucks right there. Who could ask for more?

The only negatives are that the hotel, and the surrounding area, seem to be constantly under construction. Still, this did not diminish the quality of my multiple stays In Xiamen.

I've stayed at this property a dozen different times over the past 5 years and every single time time has been great.

Highly recommended! - See you there!

Room Tip: The front of the hotel is undergoing a major expansion. Ask for a room away from the ruckus...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel. And we will keep developing our service and product, to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen. The Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen would still be your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable and clean. Noting can complain during our stay. Good location and it's easy to get around. The only thing is due to china block some websites or app, like BF, line, yahoo and so on, so it's not able to get though these sites as well but we though an international hotel shall be able to improve this. Cuz we stayed at the same hotel which located in guang-dong. They don't have such kind of issue.

Stayed: July 2014
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel. Thank you for your advice and we will convey it to our colleagues.We will keep developing our service and product, to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen.
We appreciate your comment and extend our sincere apology for your dissatisfaction. The problem in our service effectiveness you referred has been reflected to relevant departments, and we believe you will see our improvement on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Lovely rooms, friendly staff, good location...In the neighbourhood you find all kind of restaurants,massage salons,small and larger shops.15 minute taxiride takes you to the SM mall where you can find all kind of shops ..check the cyber department.

Room Tip: 15 th floor was great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen and share your valuable feedback. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location and qualified service made your stay experience more memorable. We will continue to strive in delivering quality services and keep on serving guests with the most attentive attitude, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve.
Once again, we look forward to your next stay with us and continuous support in the near future. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It has been more than a year since I stayed Crowne Plaza Paragon at Xiamen for 4 days 3 nights. I have stayed in many top hotels from international brands like Pullman and Mandarin. This has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed so far. Here are the pros and cons of it:

Pros:
1. The service is excellent. The staff are friendly and always ready to help. During buffet breakfast, the staff will come to me and ask how was the meal and if I need any juice or coffee. When my taxi reaches the lobby, the attendants are quick to open to car door. More importantly, they will be smiling and courteous for simple tasks like this that they might have to do many times a day. That is highly commendable. They also pay attention to the small details. I recall a morning where I went out for a run before breakfast. The lady who opened the entrance door smiled and asked how was my run after I finished running and to take care not to catch a cold as weather was cool after rain the night before. I have done similar jogging before breakfast in other hotels. But none of them have ever showed that care and concern. This goes an extra mile to make customers feel valued and happy. The counter staff are well-versed on the area too. They are able to recommend me good areas for sightseeing, shopping and even the sport stadium to play tennis.
2. There is a nice scent in the hotel. I feel peace whenever I enter the hotel and smell the scent. Most top hotels don't do go to that extra mile to please the customers. It may be a small gesture, but it really means a lot to customer satisfaction.
3. The hotel is connected to a posh shopping centre with brands like DKNY and Armani. But there are also pleasant eateries like Papa John Pizza, Starbucks and Haagen Dazs. One of my favourite late afternoon pleasure is to read a book and drink coffee at Starbucks. I also had a good meal at Papa John Pizza. Full marks for well thought planning of hotel shops.
4. I enjoyed the area surrounding the hotel too. A short 5 to 8 mins walk will bring you to a row of tea shops. As there is a whole row of shops selling tea, prices are competitive and quality is good. I bought quite a few packs of tea there back to Singapore. Further down is a KFC which is a good budget dining area. The area around the hotel is also safe. I will wake up every morning to jog around the hotel and I did not encounter any unpleasant or safe moments. Xiamen is a safe city but the hotel should also be credited for building a safe environment.
5. The room was clean and it has international cable channels. This is highly appreciated for international travellers like myself who prefer English channels.
6. Pricing is competitive. The prices are comparable or slightly cheaper than some other top hotels in the area. More importantly the online booking website is easy to use and informative compared to some international brands.

Cons:
1. There are 2 gyms in the hotel. One is a hotel gym and the other is a paid fitness centre in Paragon. As someone new to Xiamen and the hotel, I was unaware there are 2 gyms and went to the paid one and paid one day use of the gym, not knowing there is another free one. Perhaps the staff might want to inform customers at check in that there are 2 gyms. Cause some customers may not know and will go to the wrong gym and end up paying.

Other than this, I am very happy with Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen and it is my favourite hotel in China. Crowne Plaza is hence a brand I will always look for whenever I am overseas and need a hotel. It has not disappoint so far based on my experience in Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Singapore too. I look forward to my Crowne Plaza Kunming stay later in September this year.

Room Tip: High floors are quieter due to the busy shopping and business activities around the area
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JonasCN
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing us. We believe that you will see a significant improvement in our services and products after we finish the Enhancement Program to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen, the Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen would still be your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very good hotel, I'd a commercial and technical seminar this week. The conference hall is very good, the service of the conference area in very good.
The rooms are very good, the restaurant has a great service and a very good food selection.
I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GuestRelations_XMNPG, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing us. We will keep developing our service and product, to ensure everyone leave feeling better,we sincerely hope when you plan your next trip to Xiamen, the Crowne Plaza Paragon Xiamen would still be your first choice, looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.