Le Meridien Xiamen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$143
  • Fitness centre
US$79
US$68
Agoda.com
All reviewshill sidesmall mountaingarden viewurban resortthe club loungehead chefquiet hotelbusiness tripnice staymany choicesswimming capf bswimming poolconcierge staffchinese restaurantstar hotelrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is an outstandingly well run hotel about 20 minutes from the city in one direction, and to the airport in another. I stayed on the Executive floor and was absolutely delighted by the welcome, and by the polite, friendly and gentle attention. All staff on this floor were outstanding, but Marc from Portugal was especially attentive. From arrival at teatime to departure the next morning, this team provided snacks, drinks and non-intrusive conversation. The generous sized pool also has a large adjacent jacuzzi with massage jet beds that I was reluctant to leave. The whole building is surrounded by green hills, and there is a frequent courtesy bus to Xiamen itself. Taxis to the airport are easy, costing no more than 30 RMB
Most years I spend up to 200 nights in hotels, and this one stands out as one of the memorable best. Well-trained staff are a great asset, and I shall return. It's ideal for a first or last night or two before a business trip - or worth considering as a resort hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Crwydryn2,
Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Xiamen. It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.
It is very happy to hear that you are happy to stay in our Club Room. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned, in especial of Marc. Please be trust that we will work together to bring more and more good service and customer care to you.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I came here last week for some drinks and food with some friends. The atmosphere and the food were great. I really have to thank the guys at latitude 24 for their great service and hospitality. The live music was great, they had a local band playing and it was actually a lot better than some of the other bars that I have been to. For dinner we shared a seafood platter and for my entree I had the most amazing steak sandwich. The drinks were AMAZING!! Some of the best Ive had in Xiamen, I had the recommendation of the day, which unfortunately I cant remember the name of. Overall it was a great experience an my friends and I will be sure to go visit them again in the nearby future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Carolina S,
Thank you for giving wonderful feedback about your recent experience at Le Meridien Xiamen. We are all pleased that you enjoyed the food, live music and service at our 'Chic' Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.
I hope you get the opportunity to return again soon,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have been here for my duty travel, the Hotel (or the Resort) is located on a hill which you can escape for the crowded environment in Xiamen.
The gym facilities are great and it opens for 24 hours!! One drawback is the location is a bit fair from City area which you need to take taxi for access the shopping or clubbing places..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear FelixKaLeung,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Le Meridien Xiamen.
Le Meridien xiamen hotel is located in scenery beautiful Xianyue park area. Yes, our gym facilities opens for 24 hours for hotel guests. We also have shuttle bus to coffee street and Gulangyu ferry terminal.Hope these can get convenient to you.
I'm glad you like the environment and facilities of the hotel, you are welcome to stay again next time.
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is the first time I came to Xiamen. Yeah, I was lucky to choose the Le Meridien hotel. And, It is my first time using Tripadvisor, very interesting. Look at this hotel, although on the hillside, but the hotel environment is very good. I have given the package is a free shuttle bus to the coffee street, Gulangyu ferry,and the marina. It is very convenient.I will choose to Le Meridien Xiamen next time.

Room Tip: Consult the hotel staff, they will give us to choose the most appropriate package.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Jim S,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Le Meridien Xiamen.
hotel is located in scenery beautiful Xianyue park area, an we set up 24 hour taxi positioning system, can call car for you at any time.We also have shuttle bus to coffee street and Gulangyu ferry terminal.Hope these can get convenient to you.
It was a pleasure to note how much you have enjoyed the events held with us and we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel is quickly becoming my favorite hotel in China. I spend about three months in different hotels in China each year so I do have data points for comparison. This hotel is certainly not the most convenient and my in country co-workers do not like this hotel as breakfast is not included in their rate. But being Platinum I do get breakfast and a nice room for a very good rate. The hotel is more resort style. So if you are looking for outside food you can walk down the hill to limited selection of restaurants or take a short cab ride to the city center. As you will notice in many of my hotel reviews prime location is not something that is critical to me. The staff is always helpful, friendly and welcoming. Rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet is about average from a western perspective but does seem to offer a lot if you like Asian style breakfast. This is a big winner in my view in the cost to quality equation.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
LEMERIDIENXM, Manager at Le Meridien Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Toddb62,
I was very pleased to hear that you are our Starwood Preferred Guest --Platinum Member, thank you so much for your great support for stay in Starwood hotel.Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.