“little gem”

Ranked #148 of 1,271 Hotels in Xiamen
dublin
“little gem”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and it was just fabulous. The beds were very comfortable and the whole hotel was very clean. Remy and his staff were so accomodating and helpful; making reccomendations for restaurants, organising tours and offering advice.
I would definitely definitely return and reccommend it for friends.

Room Tip: We had a roof terrace by our room- a twin room on the top floor (room 7)
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Xiamen, China
Reviewed 8 January 2013

nice & soft bed,beautiful room,excellent sevice,great Euprean breakfast....everything is fantastic...
Staying here two days,just relaxing and enjoying,a unforgetable holiday here for me and my husband.The owner-Remy is a really nice guy-gentle & polite & sometimes funny.And his little girl called Nana,smiles like an angle.I would like to spend some days in Remy's Garden Hotel every month if I can manage that.Just enjoying the lazy and relaxing days here,talking with the nice people,walking in Gulangyu, that's called happy life for me.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and also with sunshine at daytime
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Beijing
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Remy's Garden Hotel is one of the best places I have stayed in my six-month tour around China! I have to thank everyone who shared their comments on tripadvisor, I listened to what you have to say and you were all right! Remy's Garden is located far from the crowds and just a short walk away from wonderful restaurants and shops. Remy is a dedicated, committed, and welcoming hotel owner. He made me feel right at home! The room I stayed in was carefully decorated. Everything was in order and super clean. If you are thinking of visiting GuLangYu, I urge you to consider giving Remy a call.......you will LOVE this wonderful little home!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor room! Nice view, quiet, lots of privacy!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed at Remy's with my partner, Lorelei, for three days a month or so ago and loved the place. The staff, including Remy and his wife, are friendly and very helpful and the hotel is located in a beautiful part of the island, full of sleepy, winding lanes filled to the brim with quaint art and trinket shops, colonial buildings, restaurants and coffee houses. The place positively oozes charm, as does the hotel itself.

We stayed in a lovely room...can't remember exactly which one....with an unbelievably large, comfortable bed overlooking the gardens at the back. I happened to mention, in passing, that I like the odd beer and Remy immediately sent out for some to accommodate my need, though exploring the town itself meant that I never actually took him up on this act of hospitality. A menu was also available with plenty of good food options though, once again, the temptations of Gulangyu itself meant that this option was never taken up. At the front of the building there is a delightful flower and plant-filled courtyard area with room for numerous tables enabling the hotel's patrons to while away the hours sipping a cool beer or nibbling away on the various snacks available.

We left the island feeling thoroughly relaxed and refreshed. The purpose of my visit was to assess Xiamen as a place to live and work as I have been offered a teaching job there. As a result of our stay at Remy's (and Gulangyu itself) we vowed to try to find an apartment on the island. I really didn't hold out much hope as I know that apartments on the island are like gold dust. I am very pleased to say, however, that I have just signed a contract on an apartment just round the corner from Remy's and am moving in on Monday. A return visit to the hotel is very much on the cards. Can't really say much more than that. An excellent place to stay. Heartily recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paddywaks1967
Beijing, China
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Excellent choice of guest house. Location was great, in a quieter more atmospheric part of the island. With in a few minutes walks of loads of cafes, bars and restaurants as well as the sea. Hospitality and service was fantastic. Very helpful. Its a good place to hang out in the courtyard. He also organised an excellent trip to see and stay in the tolou in Fujian. Gulang yu is a fantastic place to spend a few days (or preferably longer) and Remy's was an ideal choice. Whole- heartedly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the big room, if available - has a great little balcony overlooking local streets .
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Remy and his wife were very welcoming and gave us lots of good advice about visiting Gulangyu and Xiamen. In addition, a tasty local breakfast and very comfortable beds make this hotel an excellent choice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We really enjoyed our stay with XiaoLi and Remy.
Courteous staff, nice large room and an authentic location in charming Gulangyu.
The local breakfast was great and the sight seeing tips very helpful.
Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are tranquil indoor rooms are homey
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple