“Not only Great Food, Incredible Hospitality”

INDIANO JOHN's SAMRAT
Ranked #2 of 1,501 Restaurants in Xiamen
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: INDIANO JOHN's SAMRAT in its 10th year of operation is XIAMEN's First and Only INDIAN dining which is Owned and Run by Chef/Sommellier John Solomon aka INDIANO JOHN. SAMRAT, specializes in Northern Indian Cuisine, mainly focused on grilled food prepared in the traditional charcoal oven called THE TANDOOR. SAMRAT also takes pride in providing the widest selection of Fine Wines and an unique choice of Gourmet beers from around the World. SAMRAT is a limited 50 seater, so advance bookings are highly recommended.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

One thing that stands out to me about Indiana Johns is the people really show care for their customers. By that I mean the blend of Indian hospitality and smiles in the middle of busy Xiamen is very refreshing. Josh is one of the main waiters and is very personable. I appreciate the waitresses professionalism and smiles. John, the manager also aims for excellence in the food industry. They have been in Xiamen for more than 5 years I believe, so among foreigners who are living here long term they have a very good reputation. The best Indian food I have had, given I've never been to India, but this place makes me want to go! I leave not only with a full appetite, but also very pleased we have such amazing Indian food in Xiamen!

1  Thank NathanCFields

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This restaurant truly is one of the top restuarants in Xiamen. The service is outstanding and the food is extremely tasty and well prepared! One of the main attractions for us is the consistently high standard that they offer and so we eat there regularly now.....in fact, I've just worked up an appetite writing this!! We're off for a lamb korma.

1  Thank barbrough2001
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I came at 2PM and asked if we could stay 29 persons for a business dinner. Although having an important private dinner arrangement in the nearby room John agreed to serve a set menu. Fantastic tasty food, good service and dedicated and caring appearance from John. I would recommend this place to everybody - also for special/ customised arrangements.

3  Thank Bos_DK
Reviewed 26 August 2013

A must visit Indian restaurant in Xiamen, China. Awesome is the word to explain everything about this restaurant. Let it be the taste of Food, Let it be the ambience of the restaurant, Let it be the location of the restaurant, let it be the hospitality of the people in the restaurant, let it be the time taken to serve the food on your table and keep counting on futher... This is the best place to visit in Xiamen to have a quality food. The customised preparation of the same dish in different taste is the highlight of JOHN himself. To name it, we ordered Chicken Curry 03 times...what we got was Chicken curry 03 types...all the three were customized for the individuals who ordered it.

Another highlight is variety of vegeterian dishes and starters...I would say vegetarians would love stay around for this purpose.

Top of this JOHN is a well known Wine expert...a wide knowledge on every part of the globe gives him a helping hand to interact and take care of all the guests who enters his place. He is truely a SAMRAT of his SAMRAJ...

First time when I entered itself I recognized it because the restaurant was equally filled with lot of foreigners including Indians....

Nutshell..It is not only an Indian food...It is an island for food where people want to have something different and delicious...

Visit once to realize...

2  Thank Sriram P
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I would say, it's a fantastic experience to have some Indian cuisine after so long in China. The masala tea was mind blowing. The nan and briyani was above par. Thank you very much for the food and the hospitality.

2  Thank Jenarthenen P