“Peaceful oasis with space to breathe!”
Review of C&D Hotel Xiamen

C&D Hotel Xiamen
Ranked #15 of 1,296 Hotels in Xiamen
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Living in lovely Xiamen we sometimes enjoy mini staycations - trying local hotels. The Yeo Hwa was a wonderful surprise - located near the airport, but 'away from it all'. The extensive and lovely eco-gardens with lakes, flowers, trees, birds, ducks and expansive greenery - just so nice to be outside enjoying nature right on the hotel property. We stayed in the 3 bedroom 'Japanese' villa (designed by Japanese architect, but quite standard).While the property was a bit dated, we did not mind this because it was so spacious - with 3 teens, each of us had our own bedroom with complete en-suite and large flat-screen TV. Good toiletries and fluffy towels and robes. We used room-service for meals in, after enjoying a great buffet breakfast (large choice) (the kitchenette and Fridge in the small kitchen area were OK but not really functional). We really enjoyed the indoor pool which is all glassed so you feel outdoors, and pool is heated, with towels and lockers provided. Also a good gym and sauna. We took the golf-cart for garden tours many times, it was so relaxing. In short, we will be going back because it was so peaceful, service was very good (English spoken). Lovely surprise to find this oasis - it was the first 5-star property in Fujian and hosted world leaders in the past and you can see why. Our family loved it.

Room Tip: The Japanese villas are great for space for families. Also there are several large main buildings wi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cbteco

Reviewed 12 March 2014

My second stay at this hotel. I stayed 1year before. This time was better than last year. The staff is very polite and always be willing to serve you. The facilities are nice and the rooms as well. Very clean and full of amenities rooms. Comfortable beds and rooms. Breakfast very good for china!! Big variety. I have enjoined the red restaurant.
Many thanks to miss ..... Sorry I forgot the name , guest service manager who she is very professional.
Great stay I recommend this hotel although it is far away from the city center.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I have stayed here many times in the old and new hotels
The service is excellent - the staff charming & helpful
The buffet dinner in the new wing great value & excellent selection
The grounds are remarkable - beautiful gardens , lake , around 30 hectares
I really think this is amazing value - one of my favourite hotels. It is tranquil and serene - exactly what I need on a business trip. Halfway between airport & central city - about $5 either way by taxi

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Had been there for 2 nights (not in a row) during a business transfert. Rooms are well kept and hotel is absolutely well conducted. Lot of services are given to customers. Personal is competent and their english is really fluent.
What impresses the most is the park where you can have a run. Went there 4 times, woke up for two days at 06am only to have a run.
Absolutely astonishing!
Business trip or holidays this is absolutely a quiet and relaxing place to have a stay in.
Also restaurants are very good (I would suggest the French one), breakfast is really abundant.
My greetings.
(ok, seems like I had been payed to write this review)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank alphadraconis
Reviewed 9 June 2011

A very vast property which inculcates a city in itself with shopping complex, park, lake etc. but if you are coming with your partner, you need to pay heftily. We were being charged 200 RMB extra per night just because we wanted one king size bed instead of twin sharing bed. I crossed this shrewdness for the first time in my life but I couldnt do anything in this regard. If you ask for a shopping complex in the city, they will suggest their own hotel's shops. If you ask for some cool places to visit they will ask to take you for their hotel's ride. They inculcate everything in their hotel. The rooms are good with all necessary facilities but with a poor internet connectivity. However, this is a good property near airport.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sparsh g
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I spent one night here and thank God, that was enough for me.

I ended up in an older building and maybe that was the issue. But I recall staying here a few years ago and recall I was in the same "dated" building back then too.

The bed was hard. Pillows hard. The room rate was average for those hotels that are supposedly "the best" in China. I didn't eat breakfast which was part of the rate, but it didn't look like anyone was eating either, as there were only a few people in there at prime breakfast time during the middle of the week (7-7:30a). But worst of all, this is one of the hotels that turn off the actual AC when it hits a certain date and my room was hot and was an uncomfortale night.

Service was typical of a Chinese hotel, you can't open a door for yourself, and if you are pulling a bag, they have to run over to help you, which then ends up costing you more time as you wait for your bag to come up to your room or get pulled out of storage once your ride to work shows up.

Room service was quick, but the food I had terrible. However, I did eat lunch at the buffet restaurant with collegues the next day after I checked out and the food selection was outstanding and food quality really darn good. I wish I would have investigated that option vs room service, but they would have had to cart me down to the new building in a golf cart as they said, which I just wanted to chill and not "travel around" after flight delays and the Chinese traffic jams...

Would I stay there again, I may. But from what I hear, you need to request the "newest building" to get a much nicer room. I also think I will look at oher options too, as these older hotels in China "used" to be top of the line, but a little make up here and there don't turn a 70 year old into a 21 year old, if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank idontlikechina
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We spent 4 nights with our two young children. We stayed in the new building (Haiyu). The hotel is a big complex made of various buildings, some villas, and it is beside a park; overall it is very nice. We had breakfast in the open air beside the garden/park every morning, dined twice in two different restaurants (once the buffet in the Haiyu building, once in the Chinese restaurant). Overall a perfect stay; very committed and helpful staff, almost all fluent in English. They helped us with multiple things we had to do/wanted to visit and listened to our comments/feedback. Perfect cleaning and attention to details in our room. The main building is brand new, decorated with taste. The buffet breakfast is amazing, definitely satisfying from Asian to European tastes. Buffet dinner was also excellent as well as the Chinese restaurant in another building. The price/quality ratio was excellent as well (we booked via internet). Drawback: it is very convenient from the airport but it takes 15-20 minutes to go downtown and taxis are not always ready at the door. Considering that taxis are cheap it is not a big deal if you are not in a hurry. We tried the swimming pool which was in a nice setting but unfortunately the water was too cold (warming was due to start a couple of days later).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family