“Good place”

Ranked #17 of 1,498 Restaurants in Xiamen
Price range: US$15 - US$125
Cuisines: Latin, International, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Qba is a vibrant hotspot for social dining, combining signature Latin flavors with a fusion of dishes from all around the world to suit all tastes. Premium grilled steaks are the highlight of Qba's extensive menu, enhanced by a succulent selection of dishes for individual order or to share. Best enjoyed with a classic Latin cocktail from the bar, or selection from the extensive wine list. An experience not to be missed during any stay in Xiamen.
Xiamen, China
“Good place”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I would like to rate this bar higher but i think very good is too high. It is a very nicely decorated bar, but it is lacking some atmosphere. Most of the time it is rather quiet, also the latin music they are playing is not very exciting and kind of brings the mood down, some more up tempo latin songs would be better suited, but i guess thats not the kind of music the band plays. Besides that the menu is rather expensive.

Visited December 2013
Julian W, Manager at QBA (The Westin Xiamen), responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Peter,

Thanks for your comment and we appreciate your feedback.
The Qba team is just about to change the entertainment offer with the support of a DJ from Shanghai. We are sure that it will enhance the atmosphere and creat a very nice lounge mood.
We also recently changed the menu slightly, however our signature dishes will stay of course.
The Qba team is looking forward to welcome you again and make your evening an event.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Xiamen, China
“Great place, friendly staff and a fantastic Mojito”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I went to Qba the second time now and I must say the service and the drink quality both times was absolutely fantastic, it was truly one of the best mojitos I had for a long time! The staff is well trained and outgoing which I like because normally in China many waiters are afraid to speak to foreign customers! I was also greeted by their manager Julius a German who remembered me from the first time - really impressive! Keep it up guys I will definitely will be back!

Dear Qba guest,

Thanks for your kind comment and we appreciate your feedback.
The whole Qba team is more than flattered for that nice review, and we are proud that you enjoyed our signature Mojito that much.
I am always happy to welcome you personal at Qba and ensure that we will keep the whole Qba team outgoing and attentive.
We are all looking forward to see you again at Qba and enjoy the night with us.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent service and very customer friendly”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed in xiamen for a couple of days and I had the best experience I have ever had in China.
The food was just very delicious and top quality. I had some interaction with the staff and they were very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed every second of my stay in xiamen and I will return soon.

• Visited November 2013
Dear Shahab,

Thanks for your kind comment and we appreciate your feedback.
We are very happy that your stay at Qba made your experience in China unique.
I am especially proud that the interaction with the Qba team made the difference. We always aim for keeping the highest standards in Xiamen regarding our food quality and service, which I am very happy to hear that we meet.
We are all very much looking forward to welcome you again at Qba and make your evening and night an experience.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“great service in an excellent location with chinas best steak.”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

i had to stay for a few days in Xiamen so i went to westin. i heard they have a great steak. i had one of those and it is great! the service was excellent and very kind. its worth a visit!

• Visited November 2013
Dear John,

Thanks for your excellent review and we appreciate your afford to write.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our signature steaks. A great steak alone doesn’t make the difference, that's why I am very happy to hear that the service meet your expectations.

New York City, New York
“Superb customer service and amazing meal!”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Traveling around the mainland of China, I was lucky enough to find this true GEM in my hotel. I cannot say enough about the incredible hospitality by the gracious staff and especially the manager, Julian Winter, who made my visit memorable. The ambience is a welcome relief from the average mainland restaurant. My meal was spectacular. It was just a steak burrito, but was truly perfection. I can be a bit of a food snob, especially with Mexican food (I went to college in Santa Fe)...and I can easily say that QBA has it ALL right.
Highly recommended.