Lujiang Harborview Hotel
US$122
US$100
US$86
Trip.com
All reviewsshopping streetbeautiful hotelfront desk staffcomfortable roombalconyeateries
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was told by a friend that hotel is old. Maybe so, but inside, everything feels new. Room is nicely decorated - elegant and good sized rooms. Breakfast is good with a wide variety to choose from. The only thing I didn't like with our room was there was no view but I'm sure they have rooms where you can see Gulangyu Island. Ferry to Gulangyu Island is just across the street. All the staff in the hotel are helpful and attentive. Money Exchange at the front desk is better than in other banks outside the hotel. Good shopping and food around the hotel!
And drinks in the mini bar are free.

Room Tip: Front Desk Staff give in to requests of room choice so ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Chinafanatic
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Nicely remodeled rooms, and common areas made this a great stay. Cold airconditioning hot water and free wifi. We did have a glitch with the room on our second night but the hotel staff allowed us to move to another room without hassle. Friendly attentive staff. Nice but not overly expansive selection of food on the buffet. No real bar or lounge so evening happy hour was in the restaurant. Will definitely stay here next time.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water have a nice balcony, make sure to request a non-smoking if you aren't a smoker because lots of folks smoke in China.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 13 May 2013

It’s very interesting that I happened to stay at this hotel just because I had a small problem with the hotel that I booked initially on my first night of stay. I’ll comment that hotel later on. I immediately booked Lujiang Hotel online and moved to this hotel the other day. I like this hotel very much. The location is good, can walk to the hilarious Zhongshan Road in 5 minutes. Very professional and friendly front desk staff, like a business hotel, and the room (Executive Room) was comfortable with a nice view of the city. Breakfast was good too! The pier for ferries to the Gulang Yu Island is just within walking distance. I’ll stay here again when I travel Xiamen next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel is probably the perfect location for tourists visiting Xiamen. It's situated just across the road from the ferry terminal to Gulangyu and also at the end of Zhongshan Road, which is where the night market is.

The hotel itself is very clean and well maintained. I booked a Business room, but I was a little disappointed to find that the room had absolutely no view, and as it was facing the wall of the next building there was no natural light at all. Apart from that I was quite pleased with the room itself. There was a comfortable three-seater sofa, but unfortunately no desk at which you could sit to work with a laptop etc. You would have expected that in a room that was marketed for business travellers. The minibar was stocked with free soft drinks and beer which were replenished every day. There is free Wi-Fi and wired internet, which worked fine. The bed was very comfortable, with good quality Egyptian cotton linen.

The only hotel restaurant I tried was the evening buffet, which cost CNY174 (about USD28). The food was reasonable quality, but is very much aimed at Chinese guests. As a westerner, I still found enough to eat, but I don't think I would have gone back a second time.

The English language ability of the staff was not so good, but they did try hard and were friendly enough. I had a late evening flight on my last day but they wouldn't let me extend my checkout beyond 12 noon. Maybe that was simply because they were fully booked.

There is a free shuttle bus to take you to/from the airport, which was nice to have.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris_in_Makati
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed there for 3 days, chose this hotel due to the location and easy access, as we are travelling with my elderly parents hence less long distance walking is a major consideration. The hotel is right ‘ON’ Zhongsan road itself and we are very happy that going to the places are so easy and within “elderly” walking distance, LOL The hotel is an old refurbished building and the interior are nicely done. We choose a sea view room with balcony and the view is just great. The rooms are nice and comfy. Breakfast in the hotel is decent.
Shopping and finding food is easy, it’s on both side of the hotel; turn left and immediately you are on Zhongsan shopping district, Plenty of souvenir shops to choose from, if you are in a hurry and wanted a “ONE STOP” place where you can find most of the stuff, you can just pop in to the basement of Seashine Dept store 夏尚百货. Further up, there is a Lady's Street (the Fashion Street in Xiamen) worth a look. Turn right and walk towards the pier you will reach Taiwan Food Street, its busting with activities at night and it’s just like a smaller version of Taiwan night market.
Gulangyu ferry terminal is about 300m on the right of the hotel, you will reach the busy underpass, cross the underpass and you will reach the ferry terminal. The crowd is huge and do take extra if traveling with elderly.
The hotel provides free transport to airport, check the schedule and book early as they only have one vehicle and take up to 8 pax. Thumb up for the hotel location and service, upon my checkout, I notice that the hotel also provide complementary half day tour, no chance to try them. Though the frontdesk should bring to our attention about the half day tour....
If any of you have tried maybe you can update in TA. The staff are helpful and polite will return to stay.Overall a great stay

Room Tip: get a room with a view, it nice and relax
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family