“Not an enjoyable stay”

Ranked #85 of 1,065 Hotels in Dongguan
London
“Not an enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The check in was OK, the room was clean enough and very large. The let down was the rat droppings in the lobby bar which the staff did not appear to care about when shown. The food was not great, but they did do good fries, we just weren't that keen on eating them once we found the droppings.
The location was not good for restaurants as it was quite far from anything. There is a small shopping centre and a Walmart about a 10 min walk. They also charged us again when we had already pre-paid through a 3rd party but have since refunded.

• Stayed April 2013

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
California
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I have stayed at this property at least 3 times. First time to review. Last visit was January 22, 2013. I usually stay at a competing hotel, but that was full. So Haiyatt is our next best choice in Dongguan. I like it. Clean, neat and small lobby. Very kind reception staff. I arrived 2 hours before my chinese speaking associate. Not a problem, the staff had some English proficient speakers, and I was checked into a clean room, soft bedding. Bathrooms for me make or break a hotel stay, and the bath/shower of the Haiyatt Garden was excellent. I had 1 problem , an ethernet cable was not working. I went down to front desk, told them of the problem, and they sent I.T. to put in a new cable. Done. Fixed. High speed communication back to the office.
Location: Normally I'll walk all over Dongguan when I'm at the Pullman Forum hotel. But the Haiyatt Garden is just out walking range for me, and when I wanted to get out to the Walmart Dongchen, it was 6pm and a shift change with taxis. Had to wait for a while for a taxi.
The buffet restaurant is actually quite good. Noodles, pasta, roast pork, all the regular Asian dishes, plus a very good assortment of desserts and ICE CREAM. Scoop your own. Nice touch! Price is very, very reasonable for this area. I've paid much more at similar hotels in the immediate area. For a seasoned business traveller who needs a good place to rest, eat and recharge, without the typical hotel KTV's and noisy bars, the Haiyatt Garden Dongguan is a good property.

Room Tip: I've not had a "Noisy" room in 3 stays here. This time, my room was across from eleva...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bolivar, Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I must admit I was not excited about staying at this hotel, but I was assured it was a great place. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was spotlessly clean, the service was great and the facilities from the Manhattan Bar with some very nice pool tables to the La Scala Italian Restaurant, the Japanese Restaurant and Chinese restaurant, KTV and the Caesars club were all first class. The hotel is frequented by a mixed selection of Asian and Western persons and I believe it has satisfied the needs of all. Overall i wish I were this pleased with most hotels I run across.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Don't get this hotel mixed up with its sister hotel in Houjie Dongguan! I have stayed in the Houjie hotel many many times since it first opened and I love it. This I stayed only once and it was one time too many. Rooms were dirty, staff could not speak english and service was very very slow!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Brisbane
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Great Hotel, VERY Cheap and Beautiful Rooms, Service in the Bar is a bit slow, but Very good otherwise. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business