“I'm in china??” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Service very good
Room Was ok
Buffet Was fantastic
Dinner in italian restaurant Was excellent
Lobby with bar and live music is very good
Very good 3 day!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience at our hotel just recently. I will be sure to share your excellent feedback with the team. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

I hope to personally welcome and meet up with you on your next stay at Sheraton Dongguan. Just ask for me upon your arrival.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mulhouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights in April.
Good English speaking staff, very friendly.
The room was very spacious rooms, cozy big beds, nice well equipped bathrooms.
Located in the heart of the city. Felt like an calm oasis in the middle of a very busy and loud town.
Mainly European and American customer.
The breakfast buffet was incredible.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Apparently This hotel was one of the first Western, big branded hotels to open in the city. The property itself is in pretty good shape, the rooms are big, well appointed and clean although a couple of bits and pieces are starting to look a bit dated.

The check in and check out process went very smoothly so no issues there and breakfast was pretty good too (but not spectacular) with all the choice you would expect from a big hotel. We didn't eat any other meals there but I'm told the restaurants are pretty good albeit rather quiet.

There are two things that hold the hotel back a bit. Firstly is the location. The hotel is about 25 minutes from the centre of the city (45 minutes in rush hour) so if you're on business you'll spend rather a lot of time shuttling backwards and forwards. On top of this, most of the restaurants you'll be taken out too will probably be in the centre too so that could mean even more time in a car. Secondly is the price of food and drinks, it is expensive even by western hotel standards. I get that if you are staying in a top branded, 5 star hotel chain prices are going to be similar no matter where you stay in the world but this is the Sheraton in Dongguan, hardly tourist central and the price of beers at the bar are well north of London prices. This is compounded by the fact that the options outside the hotel for higher end food and drinking are about a quarter of the cost and often very good indeed.

So overall, this hotel is a perfectly good option but just remember that if your meetings or dinners are in the centre of the city then choose another hotel (there are now more branded options to choose from in the centre of Dongguan) and if you plan to eat and drink in the hotel bring a credit card.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience at our hotel just recently. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Just for the record, our Food and Beverages prices are very consistent with similar
international 5-star hotels in southern China. I agreed with your view on location when
choosing a hotel to stay. Dongguan which is mainly a business hub is hugh and has over 35
township, we are in Houjie, other known towns are Dongcheng, Humen, Nancheng, Changan
to name a few.

improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

We hope to welcome and meet up with you on your next stay at Sheraton Dongguan.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I am staying during the Dongguan Furniture Fair, and the hotel is at full capacity, and staff seem to be quite overwhelmed. Check-in took over 20 minutes, as staff were underprepared and unorganized.

Rooms are very clean by China standards, especially here in Houjie, as I have stayed at most all hotels here. Overall quite comfortable. Gym is sufficient.

I ordered room service, and three calls later and over an hour later, I have not received it. Each time I call is an exercise in frustration, as the staff don't seem to communicate effectively with each other and the last time, they said that they were not aware of any order.

With the exception of a Western manager, whom I often see at breakfast, the general service quality of hotel staff is very poor.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank euwang
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2012

We are extremely sorry to read about the unpleasant encounter with your room service order. The department head concerned will certainly be taking remedial actions with the team to avoid recurrence of similar situation.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed there few times already. The hotel is very nice,food is of good quality (although somewhat expensive) however, service is terrible. Horrible !
Hotel charges your credit card deposit upon check in. After two days hotel staff started chasing me around saying deposit is not enough anymore. Despite me advising them I will settle it with the front desk once I finish my business dinner I was harassed and embarassed 3 times( in front of my guest )in one hour by hotel staff telling my my deposit is no longer enough. Had dinner at the Japanses restaurant and staff "forgot" to serve three dishes that night. "sorry" seemed to be the explanation for that. Yet, they had the audacity to include 15% service charge in my bill. Got stuck outside my room and called front desk to send somebody to open my door. Ended up waiting 15 mins !!! Called front desk three times and "house keeping is on the way..." was the answer. Last I checked it took me 1 min to go down/up to my room. These people probably think everything is solved by a stupid "sorry" that means nothing to those why say it. It's too bad as this is a good hotel but staff/management needs extensive training of how to service its guests.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ExperiencedJungleMan

We are extremely sorry to read about the unpleasant encounters during your stay. The department heads concerned will certainly be taking up your poor experiences as case studies and training purposes on exercising flexibility with guests’ requests.

Just for the record, both the Chinese and Japanese restaurants are runned and managed by a third party which is beyond our control for food and service related quality.

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I have stayed at the Dongguan (Houjie) Sheraton a few times in the last year 5 years. It is not a new facility, but is clean, well-kept, and a typical Sheraton albeit with a few interesting surprises. Initially I stayed there when visiting vendors /factories in Dongguan and Houjie and it is a great choice when doing so. The last time I was there during (and between) the Canton Fair sessions -- almost 3 weeks all over eastern China. I must say that staying here is suprisingly easy during the Fair as they offer a convenient bus service to and from daily. I also have found the restaurant hotel to be terrific for dinner and breakfast. All of that said, please know that the surrounding area (and the entire area of Houjie) is well off the beater path and CAN seem a bit off-putting to a 1st time visitor -- you are NOT in Kansas (or Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, or even Guangzhou) anymore! It is with this in mind that I would not suggest this hotel for the 1st time tourist to China and I would tell all I know going to Houjie to be CAREFUL outside of the hotel However, for those veterans of many trips to China (20+ years here) and accusstomed to the wonderful old-world oddities that have almost all vanished, this is a great choice when visiting factories and attending the Canton Fair. This hotel is clean, modern, friendly, and has great service. (I'm not sure if they still work here, but if so Ms. Orange Wu and Roland were both WONDERFUL when arranging reservations and upon check-in in the past, and if you have any special needs/requests they will do their best to attend to you... but others will likely do the same equally well in their place) ENJOY!

Room Tip: The rooms are large, much more so that in Guangzhou or Hong Kong.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RickinShelby
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for your constructive feedback which will encourage us to do even better. We look forward to welcoming you, colleagues and friends to stay at Sheraton Dongguan in the near future. Tommy Yap - Hotel Manager
Kanpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

Perfect location, great rooms, very friendly and polite staff. All the staff at reception and elsewhere are fluent in english.
Very spacious rooms, cozy big beds, nice well equipped bathrooms.
Located in the heart of the city. Definitely a value for money.
I requested for a late check out and they allowed without hesitation.
Nice coffee shop, we dined there and loved the food. We had some guests with us and although it was 11.30 in the night but the chef made special food for us. This is amazing!!!!
I will stay there again.

Room Tip: It is the best location and a perfect hotel to stay. near to the industrial area of Donnguan.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive feedback which will encourage us to do even better. We look forward to welcoming you, colleagues and friends to stay at Sheraton Dongguan in the near future.

Tommy Yap - Hotel Manager