“great hotel standard” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 1,059 Hotels in Dongguan
Montreal, Canada
“great hotel standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Friendly staff, great level of English speaking, nice rooms (as per everyone's suggestion try and get one that does not face the street). The for is quite decent. Quick check in and check out process. Good choice for business traveller.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your stay experience at our hotel just recently. We will be delighted to share your positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests.

I hope to personally welcome and meet up with you on your next stay at Sheraton Dongguan. Just ask for me during your stay.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed here on a business trip. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful (concierge recommended a great restaurant down the street a bit for some good, traditional, local food). My only issue was that despite being about 10 or so floors up, you could still hear the noises from the street below when in a street-facing room. This was compounded by the construction going on out there. I recognize this is beyond the control of the hotel staff and management, therefore I would just recommend asking for a room on the opposite side of the building from the street if given an option.

Room Tip: high floors and away from the street
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience at our hotel just recently. We will be delighted to share your excellent feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our software services to better meet the needs of all of our guests.

We also appreciate your kind understanding on the Light Rail construction currently going on facing the main street. Yes, like you suggested to request for a room facing the back of the hotel subject to room/rate type availability at check-in time.

I hope to personally welcome and meet up with you on your next stay at Sheraton Dongguan. Just ask for me upon your arrival.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Traveled from Shenzhen to Guangzhou and decided to stay a night at Sheraton Dongguan and it was a good choice.

The hotel lobby is grand and the room is nice (with the upgrade).

More importantly, the staffs are generally very friendly.

Had some drinks at the Sheraton Club lounge and the buffet breakfast was not bad at all.

Traveled to Guangzhou was a breeze by taking a cab to Humen station and jumped on China's new age high speed train which took only about 18 minutes to Guangzhou South.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience at our hotel just recently. We will be delighted to share your excellent feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests.

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I have stayed at the Sheraton in Dongguan on three occasions over the last year and would recommend it as a good business hotel. It was especially busy as there was a trade fair in town, but that actually improved the atmosphere in the bar and restaurants. The complementary welcome drink was appreciated. I have to agree with other reviewers that the rooms, although generously proportioned, are in need of updating. They also share with other hotels in a China a kind of grandiose, masculine / American style with which is not so much to my European taste. There are a lot of dark finishes and marble which can feel a bit oppressive when combined with the endless smog outside with window. On previous occasions I've had a front facing room, but this time I got a fairly un-prepossesing side view.

The Italian resturant is good. As a lone traveller I was positioned at a table in front of the kitchen and felt rather "on show", but was impressed that the chef came out at the end of my meal and asked me and neighbouring diners if we had enjoyed our dinner. That was a nice touch.

Dongguan is a city undergoing a lot of development, with a new metro system under construction. It needs it, as the traffic can be pretty horrendous.

Despite my personal preference for something a bit lighter and brighter, this is a very sound and reliable hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front - at least you can see some of the bright lights of Dongguan!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

We appreciate your constructive feedback on our rooms. The project to update our rooms is under progress. Our rooms are still tops on cleanliness and with superior linens. Yes, our Italian restaurant and with our new Italian chef will strive to maintain to be the best in Dongguan.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for the longest time....

Stayed in both Deluxe n Club rooms..
Both are about the same in size..
There is a work desk n a ottoman chair to sit n relax..
DVD players are made available upon request..
The WiFi is pretty reliable

Main difference is the rain shower in the Club rooms..
Lounge access is over rated for me cuz I m never back in time for it..
All in all nothing to fault the rooms..
But you get wiser as you age..
I now avoid the rooms facing the main road..
The bus n lorry drivers in Houjie are very liberal when using car horns..
It is not as if the rooms are badly sound proof, it is just that the no amount of protection will work...

The breakfast spread was decent for a china hotel..
so I dun wanna fault the hotel on that..

The Check-In was fast n the lobby is well kept after all these years
So again nothing bad to say...

The problem
the swimming pool...
OMG.. when I was there.. it was caked in algae!
I hopped into the water and immediately scrambled out...
it was mortifying...

In summary,
Great location.
Great rooms
Great Service
Good Breakfast
SCARY Pool

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the main road..!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank shoe_fetish
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience for our hotel. It is through continuous feedback, from guests such as yourself, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

You may know that our hotel had enjoyed very encouraging occupancy since we opened in 2003. Into our 9th year of operation, continued efforts have been put into the upgrading of the hardware as well as the facilities of the property. Our owning company has been supportive of plans, present and future committing to future success of Sheraton Dongguan Hotel.

We are aware of the algae problem in the pool and is actively cleaning it daily and putting the appropriate chemical to make it algaeless. Being an outdoor pool and with recent bad weather conditions, we just have to work harder on it.

nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have stayed in about six different hotels in Houjie and like the Sheraton best. Go twice a year for about four to five nights. The Sheraton feels more like an International Hotel than the others. Regal Palace is certainly opulent and the Q is cool. Sheraton feels more comfortable. I like a more of a Western style hotel when i traveling in China just personal preference.

Room Tip: Regular room is big no need to spend more on an upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience for our hotel. We will be delighted to share your excellent feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests.

United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

I am a platinum member of Sheraton, so I obviously like the brand a lot but the bedrooms and bathrooms are really in need of updating now. I have stayed here many many times since it first opened and have to say at the moment the level of room comfort is better at the Haiyatt around the corner. It is a shame because the Sheraton was always plushier than this, its just too tired now. On arrival the hotel its self is very impressive with huge lobby and a great lobby bar. Italian restaurant is really very good and even if I don't stay at the hotel, I still come to have dinner here. Buffet breakfast excellent, with a wide choice for all tastes. Over all the hotel is good but for the rates charged they need start to update the rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your stay experience for our hotel.

under progress. Our rooms are still tops on cleanliness and with superior linens. As for room
rate, we will never be able to compete with the local Haiyatt hotel. We have always maintain the
quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. Yes, our Italian restaurant
and with our new Italian chef will maintain to be the best in Houjie.