“This is the hotel you must stay when you come to houjie town Dongguan”

Sheraton Dongguan Hotel
Ranked #11 of 1,094 Hotels in Dongguan
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I have been coming to the Dongguan Sheraton Hotel since it open . As I stay an average of 70 to 80 nights a year the Sheraton Dongguan Hotel has Become my second home , I really enjoyed all my stay , I never experience any problem . All the staff from the restaurants ,the front desk ,the concierge ,the bar , the cleaning staff ,etc. ….are great people genuinely friendly and always ready to serve you with a smile. I also emphasized that the upper management have been very professional , courteous and very caring for their guests . All the restaurant are great and offer an excellent food variety for all taste buds , the rooms are always clean and comfortable, love the new gym and the pool . I highly recommended the Dongguan Sheraton hotel for anyone who want to have a great stay with comfort. I’ll be back .
Francois E. from Burlington Canada

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your stay experience at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If you require further assistance at Sheraton Dongguan, kindly email me at tommy.yap@sheraton.com

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I highly recommend the Sheraton Dongguan for facilities and service. It has a great pool and fitness center with very well appointed rooms. The bar and restaurant facilities are very good and the staff friendly and attentive. I particularly liked the breakfast buffet with a good mix of Asian (loved the dumplings) and Western selections. The location is good for getting around although road construction in the area slows things down a bit. Overall a very well run hotel that I would definately stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

We will be delighted to share your very positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will continue to improve on our hardware to bring more comfort and enjoyment when staying with us. We are pleased to know that our newly renovated Fitness Center exceeded your expectations.

As for the breakfast variety, there are over 100 different varieties covering both international and local palate and our buffet breakfast is very popular and well received by all our guests.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just returned to the States from a business trip to southern China and spent my stay at the Dongguan Sheraton. What impressed me most was the excellent service and attention to detail of the hotel staff. They were most professional but extremely personable and genuinely friendly at the same time. I always felt like I was a VIP to them from the moment I arrived.

The facilities were excellent, the room very comfortable, the new Gym excellent with no wait for equipment. I also tried the pool which was large and very clean and refreshing.

I plan to return to Dongguan Sheraton when ever I am in that area. I give it my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in a lower floor room to minimize elevator time. There are six elevators so the wa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Reviewed 4 July 2013

The Sheraton Dongguan is my home away from home for almost 100 nights a year. I think it is one of the best business hotels I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot for business. The service is consistently great and the staff is always friendly and willing to help. It is not easy being a westerner in China, especially with my limited Mandarin, but thankfully the hotel is completely English friendly. For those who may not be used to or like local Cantonese or other Chinese dishes, there are plenty of authentic western choices on the very extensive breakfast buffet and there is an excellent authentic Italian restaurant with a gifted Italian chef. The hotel management is responsive, caring and genuinely care about the well being and experience of the guests. My only complaints would be the spotty Wi-Fi coverage in the public areas like the restaurants, lobby bar and lobby. Other than that I highly recommend this hotel and would still give it a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: As in most cities in China, there are many honking cars. Request a room in the rear of the hotel to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

We will be delighted to share your very positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will continue to improve on our hardware to bring more comfort and enjoyment when staying with us. Our Fitness Center have been renovated to bring better experience to our recreation facilities.

With regards to the Wifi in our public areas, we will certainly look into this matter to further improve on the connectivity at an acceptable experience. If you require further assistance at Sheraton Dongguan, kindly email me at tommy.yap@sheraton.com

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. I'm not sure how anyone could find fault with this fantastic place. Maybe the other reviewers do not have experience in China. The room was large and very clean. Massive bathroom. The food was fantastic. The hotel had an Italian chef who introduced himself.

I really could not have liked this hotel more.

• Stayed: June 2013
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

We will be delighted to share your very positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will continue to improve on our hardware to bring more comfort and enjoyment when staying with us. Our newly renovated Fitness Center has exceeded all our guests expectations. Chef Andrea will also be delighted for your appreciation and will continue to maintain our Italian Restaurant as the best in Dongguan.

I hope to personally welcome and meet up with you on your next stay at Sheraton Dongguan. If you require further assistance at Sheraton Dongguan, kindly email me at tommy.yap@sheraton.com

Reviewed 7 June 2013

It was first time for me to visit this hotel and found quite well with kind of food options provided by the hotel. The manager at hotel was quite good with his hospitality skills to make the customer comfortable as well. The rooms can be still better but over all experience was good as the entire staff was courteous enough to make you feel good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
HM007, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

We will be delighted to share your positive feedback with the team. These will certainly encourage the team to improve the quality of our services to better meet the needs of all of our guests. We will continue to improve on our hardware to bring more comfort and enjoyment when staying with us. Our Fitness Center have been renovated to bring better enhancement to our recreation facilities.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I've been staying at the Seraton DG since they opened about 8 years ago, 4 times a year for a few nights every time. I just stayed there for the last time. It was by far the best hotel in DG, and all of the sudden they just went downhill. The rooms are simply not well maintained, people smoking in the elevators and general bathrooms, and they really take you for a ride if you decide to exchange money with not only a terrible exchange rate, but also a 3% additional service charge for changing money. Their prices have gone up in the same proportion as their quality has gone down. This used to be a reasonably priced hotel for a very good product, and is now the opposite.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
HotelManager999, Manager at Sheraton Dongguan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your stay experience of our hotel.

We take note of your comments about room’s condition. You may know that our hotel has had enjoyed very encouraging occupancy since we opened in 2003. Into our 10th year of operation, continued efforts have been put into the upgrading of the hardware as well as the facilities of the property. Rooms renovation plans are on the drawing board now and we should start some modification to carpet, wall paper and lighting etc. Our new Fitness Center is now open and it will be an enhancement of our recreation facilities.

We do charge a 3% surcharge for money exchange services at the Front Desk for all registered guests.