The exterior can use a good cleaning or facelift. Expect lots of local riff-raff on the weekends in the facility and restaurants...it can be a zoo. The rooms are nice but the beds are very firm and the king size ones are basically 2 mattresses side-by-side...so you can't sleep in the middle. The business center is non-existent...there is one, but never open. You have to ask. The concierge is poor for any else other than routine stuff. I tried to get a domestic plane ticket...FAIL. Reserved a ride to the airport the day before...the next morning no one seemed to know and there wasn't even a record of the reservation.
The local is very nice with nice jogging trails and routes around the lake. The pool and exercise facility are also very good. In the general the staff are competent. But it needs some serious management TLC if they expect to compete with other 5-star establishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located nearby the Huying Park, and facing a lake on one side, and a wild forest on the other side, it is the ideal place to disconnect from work and worries. The 2 swimming pools, the spa, and the sport facilities are dedicated to well being and relaxation. The complex is also a perfect setting for your events, with its 22 meeting rooms up to 1000 people. ROOMS: 268 rooms, including 10 opera suites, and 21 prestige suites, 3 villas and 1 imperial suite with private fitness centre and meeting room. The bedrooms offer splendid views of the lake, the swimming pool and the garden.F&B: • Cafe Royal: travel around the world with an international buffet and live cooking. • Garden Bistro: taste fine dining cuisine, with French and Italian touches with view on our peacock garden. • BB's: our Brazilian churrascaria for meat lovers. Terrace facing the swimming pool. • Sugi: enjoy a Japanese fine dining restaurant. Teppanyake, sushi bar and private tatami rooms available. • Fragrant Pavilion: try out the local specialties in our Cantonese restaurant. 3 bars are available: the Mardi Gras Bar, the Lobby Bar,the wine bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your TANGLA Dongguan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon Hotel Dongguan
- Accor Dongguan Royal Lagoon
- Dongguan Sofitel