“Nice resort-type hotel: excellent rooms; great breakfast; giant pool!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Goodview Hotel Tangxia

Goodview Hotel Tangxia
Ranked #12 of 1,059 Hotels in Dongguan
Toronto, Canada
“Nice resort-type hotel: excellent rooms; great breakfast; giant pool!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I found my room quite good, a standard 5-star hotel quality, although, because this is a resort-type hotel, my room was in a building separated from the reception, and I had to get a ride from a friendly staff member on a golf cart!!

This is a huge hotel and spa, with numerous options for spa treatments, including Thai massages and regular massages that take a couple of floors of the main building.
If you are going for a massage make sure that you specify whether you are looking for a regular massage or something more complex with a "different ending"!

Overall a great stay and an excellent value at RMB 850/night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest:
It is our pleasure to recieved your kindly feedbacks and thank you very much for taking the time to write to us sharing your stay in GoodView Hotel TangXia,DongGuan.
we are so glad to hear that you had a plesant and wonderful stay with us.As the Flagship hotel of the Sangem International Hotel Management Limited, to provide the attentive service for our guest always if the pursuit of our goal of all my companion.
The hotel has the vast recreation department. pride and joy is the 11,500 square meter freeform swimming pool.here you can play games enjoying the subtropical climate,can fishing in the beautiful lake and also has the war game club and so on. it is a wonderful resort-type hotel to spend the holiday with your family or Colleague here.
We are lookforward to serving you again and hope you can come back "home"soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kranj, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I came by bussines and I stayed here... I must admit that I have a problem in China with accomodation and food but here in Good view hotel was amazing... Food is perfect, fresh and tasty, room was very comfortable... Also I got a very nice foot massage... I will be back here for sure...

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ninos74
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear valued guest Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. We were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and its ambiance! Hope to welcome you again soon for another superb Goodview experience with kindest regards!
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Its perfect for families , couples or friends to visit. It is a Water park in itself, surrounded by a maze of pools and another dozen activities which I plan to check out next time I visit. It is a bit far from city center, so keep that in mind when you plan to visit and it is so huge that you need their golf cart cabs to take you from one part of the.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. As the Flagship Shop of the Sangem International Hotel Management Limited, to provide the attentive service for our guest always is the pursuit of our goal of all my companion We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and a relaxing stay with us
We are always striving to provide our guests with a home away from home feeling. If there is any further request, please don't hesitate to contact with us .We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Recently I happened to travel to China regarding business. My hosts suggested me the subject hotel. I found this Resort type hotel excellent on all counts, Food, Ambiance, Facilities, Service and location etc. Breakfast Buffet variety was wide and quality excellent. Excellent Value for money. I strongly recommend.

Room Tip: I did not pay much attention to the view but Lake View Rooms at a slightly higher price were also av...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Triptrotter
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,Thank you very much for taking out your precious time and posting a review on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan.. It’s delightful to know that you are satisfied with our service and facilities. We are always striving to provide our guests with a home away from home feeling. Once again thanks for feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

It is a nice hotel by China standard. Swimming pool is assessible straight from balcony. The room was not ready when we arrive the hotel around 3 pm, waited to be cleaned and the lady forgot to out toilet paper in the washroom. Slippers with two right foot, this is need to be improved. Kids were happy with the swimming pool.
We had a quick bite at the Restuarant, food was good and price was reasonable.
I would return for fun with kids!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Juliana_Yow
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking out your precious time and posting a review on tripadvisor following your recent visit to Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan.
As the Flagship Shop of the Sangem International Hotel Management Limited, to provide the attentive service for our guest always is the pursuit of our goal of all my companion.
We are pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable and a relaxing stay with us. At the same time, we were concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations. We will confirm to HSKP floor attendance to check room after make up and make sure are suitable. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you wish to discuss further.
We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and we look forward to welcoming you back at Goodview Tangxia,Dongguan.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

My family stayed here for a short trip. Much to comment:

1)a beautifully built resort, much out of reach of the industrial and commercial area of the city. Difficult to find the similar type of resort in Dongguan
2)rooms are quite sizeable
3)buffet at the dinner has many choices, it was above other hotel buffets in china

However lots to improve
1)service is not up to standards - no provision of baby bed (only 2 for the whole resort). Does it sell to be for the family, not business?
2)cleaning of the room needs to be improved. Can see stain in the bathroom, drain with smell, carpet not clean
3)staff do not speak English. Very cold service....no interest to help...not even trying to give you all guide with regards to the hotel facilities, room direction, restaurants etc..you just have to ask and find out yourself
4)the pool facilities are adequate, however some maintenance is needed. Like the buoy we used was broken
5)the night club performance....care about the sound effects...it was just too loud and disgusting, though some of the performance was good
6)the beds are terrible....do they have mattress?
7)better to operate free (or paid if needed) shuttle bus to and from the train station and lo wu. Traveling up was a terrible experience, my brother got his phone pick pocketed in the Lo Wu train station....nightmare
8)no smoking and non smoking room separation? Also in the restaurants? The babies have to smoke 2nd hand. So disgusting

All in all, it is just an experience..will need to consider return if it is value for the price!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank conniemlwong
Tangxia2013, Guest Relations Manager at Goodview Hotel Tangxia, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your feedbacks following your recent stay at Goodview Hotel Tangxia,Dongguan. we are very sorry for the inconvenience which you had during your stay.
We truly value your comments as it is from guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence. We take our guest’s feedback very seriously.
1)We have already added some baby beds, so please remark it on your next reservation, then we could arrange it in advance for you.
2)We have already changed most of the carpets and stains, and we will pay more attention.
3)We will arrange more training for the staff and to improve the English and skills, and will try to provide the service for our guest better and better.
4)The hotel will pay more attention to the poolside building and to check the facilities and fix it.
5)We will pay more attention about night club performance sound system; hope you will enjoy more in your stay.
6)Actually we have soft mattress and regular mattress available for the customer to choose, so please when you make next time reservation, just remark about it.
7)We do have transportation service, so you may contact with concierge in advance. We do also have separate non-smoking area in every building, and restaurants, will be more considered about it. Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience and we are look forward to serving you again at Goodview Hotel, Tangxia, Dongguan. Please feel free to let us know if you may have any further queries.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Goodview Sangem Tongxia Resort. First I booked 2 nights at the Goodview poolside Deluxe (sometimes known as BangShan wing, Room 5220) which is supposed to be a new wing. However when I first checked in the room I didn't quite like it as the view wasn't good (not as good as what I saw from other bloggers who were staying at the older wing) so I spent one night there and requested to change to the ordinary poolside deluxe (Room 2321). The room there was much better with a very nice swimming pool view. Bed was larger and room was better appointed. So we were very happy until I hit the bed at night. I read from some reviewers talking about bed bugs but this idea didn't bother me at first as I thought it might only be occasional however I was so much bitten that I didn't have a good night sleep. The bites are still very itching now (I came back yesterday). So I would say that the resort is good otherwise. The staff were friendly and actively helpful, facilities were plentiful and pools were very family-friendly. Foods were ok and not too expensive. However the bed bugs were really bothering. If the hotel management ever sees this review, please go and check Room 2321 and do something there. Strange (and lucky) enough my mom and my baby were not bitten, otherwise I would have been more angry.

Room Tip: Don't book at the BangShan wing.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your kind feedback following your recent visit to Goodview Tangxia Dongguan.
We are sorry for the inconveniences in your stay, hope your body already be fine.
When we read your message we already arrange House Keeping to check the room 2321 and to follow up, though we do have antiseptic spray every month, but will pay more attention to destroy such kind of bugs. We hope it will not affect to your next visit at Goodview Hotel Tangxia.Dongguan.
If there is any further request, please don't hesitate to contact with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you at Goodview hotel, Tangxia,Dongguan.