“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #8 of 1,070 Hotels in Dongguan
San Diego, California
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a beautiful and comfortable hotel in Chang'an. My room was well-sized and comfortable, as was the furniture in the room. The bed was pretty firm but overall, it was comfortable enough. The shower was separate from the tub and it was fabulous. The water pressure was so great that I didn't want to get out! The towels were large and really fluffy, especially for a hotel. I appreciated the shelf above the sink as I had room to put my toiletries on it. That was a nice touch.The desk was nicely sized with a good work surface. The A/C in the room worked VERY well! Service from the staff was good and the breakfast buffet offered a lot of choices. There was an amazing looking indoor pool (see my picture) but it didn't seem to be open when I was there. Nor was the spa that was in the hotel so I'm not sure what was going on there. The price was reasonable but we were there at the same time as the Canton Fair so we unfortunately paid more than we would have had we been there at another time.

I only have one complaint and one warning: The WiFi, while complimentary, was spotty. It did not work every place in the room. I had to keep my laptop on the desk in order to get any reception. Here's my warning: the lobby is beautiful. The floor of the lobby is VERY shiny and polished. There are two steps between the front door and the front desk which neither my colleague nor I saw as we walked in the door (right off a 15 hour flight from LA so we were sleep-deprived). I fell up the stairs with my luggage on top of me! I wasn't hurt but I was really surprised. Just be aware that the steps are there so you don't suffer my fate. LOL! Now that I know about the steps, I would totally stay here again when I'm next in town on business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jobethco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised for my stay at this hotel. This is very nice clean, well maintained hotel. The hotel includes a western style bar, a Chinese restaurant and good breakfast. The price was reasonable for the quality of the hotel it is. My only complaint was it was not close to the main town and there is not much to do around in this area. The staff was very friendly and the front desk could speak good English too as that can be a challenge as usual in China. ChangAn is not a very vibrant place to be, if you have to be in this area, this is the best luxury hotel for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Perfect place to stay in Chang An. Near everything. Rooms and Hotel are in perfect shape and upgrade all the time.
Food is great and choices are Western or Eastern.
You can walk to all shopping and located in central part of town.
Hotel has something for everyone.
Grounds around Hotel are lovely and well kept.

Room Tip: Always ask to be upgraded at the same rate.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed there years ago and it was fantastic. Infact its the Hotel I think of when I travel to the Canton Fair on business. I was there before it completion and it was still fantastic. I hear its just gotten better. The Pool is now open and the breakfast was marvelous. A great place to stay

Room Tip: Have the business man's breakfast. Its supurb
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I stay at. I have been staying there for over 8 years and it still remains one of the best hotels I stay at. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located near shopping with any type of food you are looking for. The surrounding area is safe and fun to walk around and enjoy the culture. The hotel bar located down stairs is expensive but pleasant with live music nightly. You can schedule their car to pick you up at the airport for a reasonable cost. Their breakfast is excellent and food in the hotel restaurants is typical of hotel restaurants, expensive. Go across the street and get an awesome foot message and enjoy a excellent pizza down the street or Argentina style beef or watch the chef prepare and cook your food in front of you. Overall a nice quiet stay conveniently located for my needs.

Room Tip: all roons are about the same.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July.

Super room - huge, clean, well appointed. Very large breakfast. Helpful staff.

Great location for my work. Didn't get a chance to use the facilities, but the pool looked very good.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Chennai
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Hotel is located near shopping areas and having easy access to nearby industrial estate.

Hotel rooms are just ok and staff are same. But you can enjoy nearby areas where you can do shopping and dining in nearby multicuisine restaurants.

As my stay was only for 2 days, not had chance to try their restaurant except for breakfast and that is ok.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business