Hillview Golf Resort Dongguan
US$90
US$62
All reviewswonderful hotelfront deskbalconyoasisgolf
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here in April and was instantly relaxed.
Beautiful grounds, a nice swimming pool and a fabulous golf course help you forget the hustle and bustle of a big city in China.
A lovely, spacious room that included everything I would expect from a hotel of this calibre.
Breakfast was the only disappointment.... however perhaps my expectations were unrealistic given the quality of everything else here.
Also a great Japanese restaurant!!!!!!!

Room Tip: you should request a view over the grounds... preferably elevated.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Sofitel_Dongguan, General Manager at Hillview Golf Resort Dongguan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your full score on TripAdvisor! I’m pleased to learn that you have enjoyed a Magnifique stay with us. My apology that the breakfast fell short to your expectation while other parts of the resort have saved the day! As the new general manager of both resorts, I do see some improvements can be done. In time, I hope to present a new array of buffet breakfast selection to light up your day in your coming visit. Thank you.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I spent only one night in this hotel; overall experience has been very positive. I got an upgrade to a Club room, very spacious and comfortable with private garden :)
The swimming pool is nice, restaurants are not so bad, even if far away from perfection, but what is really astonishing is the place ... you are in Dongguan, but you are in the green, on a hill overviewing everything. Negative points: equipments in the fitness center are outdate, wifi connection is poor, fake waterfall inside are noisy.

Room Tip: Ask for a third floor room, it's more quite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alessio315

Thank you for sharing your comments on this platform with regards to your recent stay in our resort. I am glad to learn that you are fond of the room and the surrounding of the resort. As the new general manager to this resort, I’ll look into areas of shortfalls with my team and continuously improve to “perfection.” Your comments have been taken notice. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sofitel_Dongguan, General Manager at Hillview Golf Resort Dongguan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Sofitel Dongguan Golf Resort is always the prior choice when I plan the business trip in Dongguan. The people working there always make me feel i'm so welcomed. Just like back home. The place is quite and nice.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sofitel_Dongguan, General Manager at Hillview Golf Resort Dongguan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

I’m most delighted to learn that our hotel is the prior choice for your business trip in Dongguan. My gratitude for your kind comment on our ambassadors as well. Your praise gives me and the team much gratification and has made us proud in continuously creating Magnifique stays to our guests.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

very nice atmosphere, looking golf course from your balcony is very relaxing. very nice atmosphere, looking golf course from your balcony is very relaxing. very nice atmosphere, looking golf course from your balcony is very relaxing.

1  Thank Rene M

Thank you for giving us a perfect 10! I’m pleased to learn that you spent great time in our resort and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere with refreshing air and natural breeze. Connected frequently with your shuttle service, the Sofitel Dongguan Royal Lagoon is just 5 minutes’ drive away. Visit also next time to our peacock are roaming freely in the Royal Lagoon resort garden.