“Wonderful hotel with best service”

Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel
Ranked #167 of 412 Hotels in Huizhou
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I spent a splendid weekend with my friend at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel last week. Despite the long driving from the city, I feel very excited when i saw the hotel from the driving way. It was stuniing. The hotel service staff were very friendly and helpful. I also loved the hotel outside dining area with blue sea and slow wind. The food was delicious too. ( I ordered Rib eye steak for the main course.) This is my first time coming to Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel and I will come again. I highly recommend this hotel because it will bring you such a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Helen,
Thank you for your comments. Whether guest comments are positive or critical we always let our employees know about what guests say of us. We are continuously improving, both our service and products. We are grateful that the weather recently has been beautiful, no wind. Without the strong typhoon-like winds, the water and the beach are pristine and beautiful. We hope you return soon.
Leoon J. Lee

There are newer reviews for Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Getting to this property requires a rather bumpy ride through a huge construction site where the hotel is located near the beach. This area is being developed and many houses/towering condos are slated to come up. The lobby is huge, complete with fish ponds and fake palm trees. There's a large aquarium in the middle of the lobby which draws a lot of attention. This resort is popular with locals as it is crowded during the summer/school holidays. I liked my room; it faces the ocean and has all the amenities that one needs, plus it's huge and modern. Now, it's nice to walk along the beach but it is nothing to shout about. The sand and water doesn't look appealing. I've seen better beaches. Breakfast is fine but I'm surprised that cutlery is hard to find. There's no teaspoons around when one needs it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your input. Yes the drive to the hotel presently has a short road section which is under construction. That road will soon be completed, and a beautiful concrete highway will soon take our guests who drive from the freeway to the entrance of our hotel.
I am sorry that your breakfast table was set without coffee or tea spoons. This has been corrected.
Again, thank you for your input.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was the 2nd stop of my family's trip to south China. Me, my wife and 2 kids - we all very much enjoyed the 2 fun and relaxing days at this resort. If you're here, pick ocean-view rooms. We did. THE VIEW WAS AMAZING and you can fall asleep listening to the waves. The beach was so much fun for the kids, although it does seem to be public 'cause we met some nice & friendly families there who're not staying at the hotel. Water can be improved, but compared with our first stop (also at the beach), this is MORE THAN acceptable and didn't stop us from enjoying the cool and breezy mid-May. I was at first concerned about food and service upon reading a previous review about crowds at the hotel but it ended up not being an issue at all for my family. We all pretty much enjoyed the different types of food they have here, and the front desk was courteous and helpful with our needs of towels/taxi etc. I was told mid-week (tue-thu) is typically better than weekends in terms of availability and grade of services-- that piece of information did seem to be the key because we did arrive on Tuesday and didn't encounter any large groups during our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the same area(Huizhau).

Room Tip: If you're here, pick ocean-view rooms. I was told mid-week (tue-thu) is typically better than we...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Tim M,

We appreciate your comments. You are right there is bound to be some no-hotel guests on our beach. People who have bought our condos and their friends may use the beach. Since, all beaches in China belong to the public there is bound to be some people who do not mind paying the fees we charge non-hotel guests. We thank you for staying with us, and hope you return for another visit.

General Manger

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed as family, 2 adults and 2 children. the rooms are big, all rooms were ocean view with balconies. The breakfast was excellent. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel was very clean and the lobby was quiet due to there are little people looking to buy condos. The hotel was beautiful, with so much activity for children. There were lots of felicities for the guests.. there was kids club. The children enjoyed the activities at the kids club. there were two swimming pools(indoor and outdoor), health center etc. You could also found an Ice Cream Shoppe located on the first floor and at a very nominal charge. There you can enjoy a rang of yummy homemade Ice Cream and even the Haagen-Dazs. The hotel has beautiful architecture especially in the resort and the lobby. What I wanted to emphasize was that the sea is really clean and clam as there are no typhoon and storm for few days.
Children want to go back next year, so we are looking forward to next trip in this wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors. All rooms are sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your gracious comments. Your comment is accurate that without a typhoon’s wind and rain, both the sea and our beach is quite a pleasant place to play and swim in and relax on. We developed the American style Ice Cream Shoppe as an innovative new type of food outlet for Asia. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed it and we hope you will all return.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great hotel with friendly staff, clean rooms and delicious buffets. The hotel itself is quiet. Thought it was not a condo-selling season, we hardly see anyone crowed in the lobby. We stayed at this hotel for 4 days and the weather here was fine. We both enjoyed the beauty of the clean ocean.All in all, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Huizhou for holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heyangela

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and also for your gracious comments. It is true on most days the hotel is not thronged with people buying condominiums. Also, unless there is a typhoon in the vicinity, the ocean is clean and calm. When there is typhoon wind and rain, our staff of 20 work non-stop to get the debris out of the water into bags, and then on to trucks. We hope you will return.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

As a regular traveller based in the UK I have had the opportunity to visit some of the most un-explored corners of the globe due to my job. On this occasion I was travelling for pleasure and took the opportunity to visit China for the first time. Not knowing what to expect I can assure you I had no expectations. I booked in the Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel for it's location on the South China Sea to ensure I had a quiet and relaxing break.

On arrival I was welcomed by the door staff and reception with big beaming smiles. Check-in was easy and effortless due to the accomodating and helpful nature of the staff. I thought communicating would be a big issue but the reception staff were able to speak English.

We were booked into one of the large corner suites and the space inside is the first thing you will notice in the large lounge and bedroom area. However, for me the big surprise was the size and shape of the balcony. a huge sweeping 180 degree balcony around your suite with stunning views over the ocean. I was able to relax and chill out on the comfortable loungers and the swinging hanging chair which was novel. Good place to watch the stunning electrical storms at night in the distance above the mountains.

The rooms were clean and had all the accessories associated with major 5 star hotels and I found the bed very comfortable. Every day house keeping serviced the room and it was kind of fun trying to communicate with them.

The food was what I was looking forward to and I was not disappointed, the Chinese restaurant and a fantastic selection on the menu with sea food a speciality. I especially looked forward to the dumplings in the morning at breakfast.

If you want a bit of action and excitement there are Jetskis available to rent on the beach and I can say that safety was a key priority for the staff when they were giving the briefing. If you are not up for that then the beach and pool are quiet enough to relax and listen to the waves or indeed your music. In the evening it was nice to go to the Bar which had a rather racy red and black theme which was a surprise. What really surprised me was the selection of Scottish single malts and blended whisky. Being a Scot I have to say I was rather impressed with the selection which I commented to the American GM. The lovely girls in their red shoes were helpful and always tried to keep your glass full.

Overall, my visit more than met my expectations and the effort the entire team at this property put into making my stay as relaxing and enjoyable was quite a revelation. So next time I consider China for a break, the standard has been set at the Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel. Would recommend a stay to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: The corner suites are excellent with great views on the balcony
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank arsenalfan65
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such gracious compliments. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay.

Your comments will be translated into Chinese and posted for all employees to read. They will be encouraged to know that they can make a difference, and should strive to continuously improve their service and service attitude.

A sincere “thank you”.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were a group of 31, 10 families, all friends, organizing our own trip, 3 days 2 nights. We booked our 10 rooms on Ctrip, organized chartered coach to send us from Hong Kong. We went due to the massively positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We were very disappointed. Just a few notes.

1, hotel was crowded with flat viewing people, the beach was COMPLETELY public, not private at all, so it's very crowded all the time. With outside people using hotel lobbies. Hotel is very spacious but just too many non-guests hanging around.
2, hotel hardware looks like it's 10 years old. Software feels like it has opened for 3 days. The rooms were actually very nicely spaced, huge space but the furniture, maintenance is out of this world BAAAAD. Sofa had many dirty spots, all mirrros had black spots. Shower stall has grills so they trap sand that people washed out from previous visits.
3, when we arrive, our tour bus was NOT ALLOWED to stop at the hotel front door, so we had to park 100meters away and walk up with 15 kids and 30 pieces of luggage. I've NEVER seen a hotel do that. Even tho they have a very empty space in front of the hotel. In fact, after complaining, they did let us board our bus at the lobby when we leave. But apparently, it was hotel policy that they don't let buses that are not their own drop off in front.
4, we pre-booked western restaurant for dinner buffet the first night, only for them to tell us that there is no buffet coz there is not enough people to open the buffet, what a joke.
5, we visited the beach on Saturday afternoon, there was not one time when we put our hands in the water and cannot touch garbage. water was just utterly black. Yellow flag was up saying 'Not suitable to swim'. It was a horrible experience, kids still played in the water since we travelled a long way to be at the beach.
6, I had to say tho Green flag for "Suitable for swimming' was back up on Monday and water does look a bit cleaning, less garbage, but we ventured to the pool that day. Swimming pool was acceptable.
7, honestly the beach itself was not THAT dirty, I just can't understand where did all the garbage in the water come from, an insane number of plastic bags, small wooden planks, food bags etc..
8, will NOT visit again
9, We went due to the massively good reviews on TripAdvisor, I guess you have to see for yourself before you know how 'real' they are. I've learnt my lesson now, don't trust things that are too good to be true.
10, I've travelled China some and we go to China resorts every year, this is honestly hands down the worst one so far, very disappointed considering it is 1 year old. and with the crazy.. Best in China hotel review (roll eyes)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kellyst
LEON JEN L, General Manager at Country Garden Silver Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Guest,
I am sorry that you had such an unpleasant stay. I will attempt to explain your points one by one.

Yes there are some days, usually national holidays, when the hotel is inundated with people, not necessarily hotel guests, but people looking to buy condos, and also villagers who live nearby. We are attempting to control access of non-hotel visitors. This is difficult since all beaches in China are public and landowners cannot prevent citizens from accessing them. Many countries have similar laws. In the US, it varies from state to state, including Hawaii where all beaches are public. We continue to work to discourage non-hotel visitors from using our beach. Since it is the cleanest beach around, and showers are free, we can become overwhelmed. We will shortly begin charging a fee for showers and other services to non-hotel guests to discourage them from frequenting our hotel. Nevertheless, on days which are not national holidays, visitors who are not staying in the hotel are much fewer.
Some furniture and mirrors in the rooms are being replaced as I write this. The dampness in the area has caused the mercury in the mirrors to corrode. Initially, when we opened, we did not run the AC unless the rooms were occupied. That was a mistake. We had to replace all the wood work. The water spots on the furniture sofas are a result of AC condensation drippings. Now that every room has AC on all the time the condensation has stopped. The sofa covers are being replaced. The hallways will all be carpeted by the end of August.
The day you arrived we had a head of state of a nation check in. The security bureau would not allow the buses in front of the hotel. We protested, but only after the man and his entourage arrived and were safely ensconced in the hotel was the driveway “released.” Let me assure you that normally all buses unload and pick up in front of the hotel.
The “western” restaurant is a banquet function venue. This means that when we have a function or banquet, then it opens to serve that particular event. The Silver Beach Bar and Grill, however, is an outlet that serves American style steaks and chops with a salad bar. This outlet is open every evening and is close to the beach. I apologize that this was not explained clearly to you.
The water is normally clean. In fact we have a contracted cleaning crew of more than 20 people working all day long to keep it that way. However, the whole area is a bay; whenever strong winds and typhoon strength storms develop (as it is prone to do until July), then all the debris from fishing vessels, etc. as well as waterfront villages, is washed into the calmer waters of the bay. I met with a senior government official yesterday and asked him to start a campaign of not dumping into the ocean, as I am a firm believer that whatever the government commits to doing, they are always successful. Truthfully, the water these past few days is clean because we have not had wind and storm for the past 3 days.

I apologize for your bad experiences on the days you were here. Normally, our guests are happy and return guests are growing exponentially since the busy season took off in June. We pledge that we are working to deliver as good a service in the busy months as in the slower months of winter.

Leon J Lee